QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

We already have…

We beat Georgia State. I think it’s fair to say not one of their players had an offer play at AU.  Think about that for a second, not a single one of their players was good enough to get an offer from AU.  

Your point taken but let’s have a reality check on basic terms of this QB1 arriver.

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

We beat Georgia State. I think it’s fair to say not one of their players had an offer play at AU.  

Oh, I am just having fun with you. 

And, just think, our 5 star QB had to be pulled to give someone else a chance to beat the Mighty Panthers…

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Cold indeed. As a compromise, I propose that @McLoofusand I get @cboon Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other weekend, plus you get full custody in the basketball forum. 

I hate when mom and dad fight. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I need him on Sundays and Mondays. That's when I'm getting killed and I need back up. And loof is usually taking Sunday off

That's the most fun time to jump in. I'll be here!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Lol at the notion that I've had any say in which days are good for what for me in the last 9 1/2 years. That's very sweet of you, though. No, seriously, I do appreciate the thought. 

You gotta work from home, Loof. "Sorry family, Dad's got to do some work"*

*furiously posts on Aufamily

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Bro you guys aren't taking him from me. I mentored you guys you turn on me, pair up, then take my guy whom I've groomed to replace you? You just don't want to see me happy

Might I suggest we form one superpower?

Nah, it would never work. 

If we will commit to running the football, we can win a lot of our games with average QB play.  It isn't ideal and the coaches have to do a lot better game planning than what we have see so far, but it can be done.  Look no farther than bama 2019 for an example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Bro you guys aren't taking him from me. I mentored you guys you turn on me, pair up, then take my guy whom I've groomed to replace you? You just don't want to see me happy

Why do you think we made you and @McLoofusrivals on fantasy football this year 😆

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

@cole256 Here's every play from Finely.  I honestly don't see him too antsy in the pocked.  I don't see the play I described earlier ITT, idk maybe too much brown water by that point.  The 4th down play was probably the most "out of control" he was in the pocket. 

• 1 Drop from a WR on a cross (that all of a sudden gets him to 63%)
  • 1 incomplete probably should have been PI on the 2nd and Goal screen
  • The throw to Shenker for the long gain was a nice pass w/ good location, probably wasn't a catch though.
  • 1 telegraphed pass that was a near pick and possibly a pick 6 the other way...but he did identify the blitz and that WR as his hot route pre snap.
  • Lots of over throws on deeper passes, which outside the screen/shallow crossing drop were all of his incompletions.
  • Couple nice scrambles/shifting in the pocket where he dumped it off short for the 1st down.  I don't think Bo makes these simple plays

Over all I think he looked good in the pocket and on 2 breakdowns he found a WR to dump the ball off to for a 1st down.

The biggest thing is we HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO hit some of these damn deep balls.  The WRs are open.  The pass has to be made by the QB.  I hope Finely has a full we with the #1s, gets some better timing & has the full game plan, and performs well vs LSU.

Thanks for sharing this. He looks comfortable in the pocket to me. He definitely missed some longer throws. They were pretty close, but still misses. Seems like the potential is there. 

I don't think this board has discussed enough how completely bonkers it was to call a fade with the game on the line for the second week in a row. If Finley doesn't improvise, we lose and this board has turned into ashes by now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

don't think this board has discussed enough how completely bonkers it was to call a fade with the game on the line for the second week in a row. If Finley doesn't improvise, we lose and this board has turned into ashes by now. 

It's really amazing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

We already have…

Only thanks to a blown coverage assignment by a Ga St. DB on the game winning play. Not something to brag about.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Only thanks to a blown coverage assignment by a Ga St. DB on the game winning play. Not something to brag about.

Think about this

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I will brag about it all day long!  TJ found the open guy, and made the throw while avoiding a sack caused by the weak OL. 

My goodness, since when does a winning TD pass translate into the guy sucks?  I found this comment to be mystifying.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

If we will commit to running the football, we can win a lot of our games with average QB play.  It isn't ideal and the coaches have to do a lot better game planning than what we have see so far, but it can be done.  Look no farther than bama 2019 for an example.

14 points were scored by the defense.   One was a hundred yard return.   That goes from winning to losing by 14 on just one play.  
how many times does it have to be said, our oline is not good enough to just run the ball.   GA has the best dline in the SEC.   Auburn will not run the ball on them. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

don't think this board has discussed enough how completely bonkers it was to call a fade with the game on the line for the second week in a row. If Finley doesn't improvise, we lose and this board has turned into ashes by now. 

Until I re watched, didn't even realize it was a fade. Doggone it you are right.  Ludicrous for sure.  Kudos to Finley not just going with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I won't be a pawn in your mind games! Wait I'm already a pawn in your mind games aren't I got dangit

original.gif

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

how many times does it have to be said, our oline is not good enough to just run the ball.   GA has the best dline in the SEC.   Auburn will not run the ball on them. 

I'm pretty scared for our RBs and QB this game.  It's going to be a blood bath unless something changes

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Until I re watched, didn't even realize it was a fade. Doggone it you are right.  Ludicrous for sure.  Kudos to Finley not just going with it. 

Shed Jackson even confirmed it was a fade. Crazy.