LSU and Georgia back to back?

eagle12

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know we should just move to the big 12 [ Yellow font]

The amount of people on this board that want to run from competition baffles me.

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

A sane schedule for us this year should have looked like (assuming the non-cons are locked in prior):

1. Akron

2. Alabama State

3. At Penn State

4. Georgia State

5. Georgia

6. At Arkansas

7. BYE

8. At LSU

9. Ole Miss

10. At Texas A&M

11. At South Carolina 

12. Mississippi State

13. Alabama 

This is nice and all but there are 13 other teams that this effects. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

I want a home game or preferably a bye. If non-cons are modular then put Alabama State there. 

I do not want to play 11 straight games without a bye, thank you very much. I'd be okay with both of us having cupcakes beforehand but whatever. We have WKU the week before next year.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, cole256 said:

LSU game was a blessing for us. I don't know what the problem is

Ppl want to cry and blame someone else.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Ppl want to cry and blame someone else.

Lol it would suck if it was Kentucky instead of LSU 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

The amount of people on this board that want to run from competition baffles me.

ALWAYS. We do have a tough schedule but it also benefits us too, but people seem to forget that. You play some of these pansy schedules other teams get and you essentially have to be perfect to even make the playoffs. People forget in 2017, if we wouldn't have loss to an average LSU team, we could've easily been the only two loss team to make the playoffs.  That is practically unheard of.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This is where I respectfully disagree with you with UGA. Completely unfair that us and Tennessee have to play both UAT and UGA every single year. The east-west scenario when the expansion happens would at least make Florida, Kentucky, USCe and Vanderbilt play those two every year too.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, DAG said:

ALWAYS. We do have a tough schedule but it also benefits us too, but people seem to forget that. You play some of these pansy schedules other teams get and you essentially have to be perfect to even make the playoffs. People forget in 2017, if we wouldn't have loss to an average LSU team, we could've easily been the only two loss team to make the playoffs.  That is practically unheard of.

If we beat UGA in Atlanta, we would have been in the playoff with two losses.  We were #2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

This is nice and all but there are 13 other teams that this effects. 

Kind of? Like I say, 6 other SEC teams play non P5s that week.

Bottomline is in the history of the program Auburn has never played that far from home a week before the Iron Bowl. Ever. 

Add in the fact of no consecutive home games after week 2, and the Happy Valley, Death Valley, UGA stretch. This is the most brutal schedule Auburn has ever undertaken and the SEC did us no favors.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

If we beat UGA in Atlanta, we would have been in the playoff with two losses.  We were #2.

exactly. but even if we had loss to them in the SEC championship game, we would've made it as well with two losses. The problem was we loss to that LSU team, so we had to run the table. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

If we had scheduled almost anyone other than Clemson it's very possible we could've gotten in.

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

ALWAYS. We do have a tough schedule but it also benefits us too, but people seem to forget that. You play some of these pansy schedules other teams get and you essentially have to be perfect to even make the playoffs. 

That was true in 2004. But now you just literally have to win the SEC and its an auto-bid. We won't ever have to worry about SOS again. 

Just now, AUwent said:

If we had scheduled almost anyone other than Clemson it's very possible we could've gotten in.

Clemson was not the problem or do you not get that? Actually scheduling someone like Clemson gave us the benefit of a doubt. It was losing to a terrible LSU team.

That was true in 2004. But now you just literally have to win the SEC and its an auto-bid. We won't ever have to worry about SOS again. 

It also would've been true in 2017 and it will be true again this year, once Alabama runs the table, beats UGA in the sec championship game and both of them gets in.

10 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Or how about we just get better.

Why people want to run from the DSOR is beyond me.  Get better.  That's the solution.

Well I still can’t add more reactions, so I had to comment. This is 💯 the right answer . Nothing more nothing less. Coach better , play better, lift better , train better, recruit better, eat better, etc….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Clemson was not the problem or do you not get that? Actually scheduling someone like Clemson gave us the benefit of a doubt. It was losing to a terrible LSU team.

True. The LSU loss was killer. One of my two most hated games over the last decade.

And I wouldn't be so sure that Alabama is going to beat Georgia. Possible, but right now I do not see anyone stopping them.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This is where I respectfully disagree with you with UGA. Completely unfair that us and Tennessee have to play both UAT and UGA every single year.

But remember, you're a pansy if you're unhappy about an impossible schedule that no one else has to deal with. 

But remember, you're a pansy if you're unhappy about an impossible schedule that no one else has to deal with. 

Well...on that you're right, but I think your other complaints are ridiculous. So basically I find agreement with both you and Brad.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This is where I respectfully disagree with you with UGA. Completely unfair that us and Tennessee have to play both UAT and UGA every single year.

I look at as these are our rivals and measuring sticks.  Want to be great?  Look across the sideline and go get it.

LMAO you remember before CKS was there and everyone gave UGA crap for never getting over the hump? Now we have fans begging for mercy. Things occurs in cycle. The problem was when there was opportunity to get over the hump, the previous staff fumbled the ball. UGA had several years of above average to just good teams, where we just blew it.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It also would've been true in 2017 and it will be true again this year, once Alabama runs the table, beats UGA in the sec championship game and both of them gets in.

So a tough schedule (Penn State, all these road venues) actually doesn't help us. Which was your original point. We could schedule 4 high schools and play all 12 games at home, and if we won the SEC, we are still in. Does us no extra good to face the task of PSU, then LSU, then UGA in 3 weeks. We'd be better off if they were spaced reasonably. Along with the other schedule issues I've pointed out.

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I look at as these are our rivals and measuring sticks.  Want to be great?  Look across the sideline and go get it.

Well, why should our measuring stick be so much greater? Those are flagship schools with much more $ and media power (redundant I know) than we can ever dream of.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No dude.  You're a pansy for complaining about getting to play South Carolina.  Get it straight.