LSU and Georgia back to back?

eagle12

I don’t think this was a good idea at all ! They really need to move Georgia back to early November? That’s just to much really for any team.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

How is it any different that UGA/Bama back to back?

Also, LSU sucks this year bigly.

Well they are really doing well right now right! Ok I will explain because this is what’s going on . They haven’t played Georgia and Alabama back to back like they did during the amen corner like years ago .                                    They had a easy game between the two. And look what the game last week did to LSU they are looking tired to !

Edited by eagle12

1 hour ago, eagle12 said:

Well they are really doing well right now right! Ok I will explain because this is what’s going on . They haven’t played Georgia and Alabama back to back like they did during the amen corner like years ago .                                    They had a easy game between the two. And look what the game last week did to LSU they are looking tired to !

Its the SEC.  You play hard games back to back all of the time.  Hell, this year LSU is the easy game in the West.

And LSU isn't looking tired.  They just aren't very good and Kentucky can actually play football.

Pull up your big boy undies, strap em up, and play the schedule.  No one else in the league is whining.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

How about we play Georgia every other year?

Or how about we just get better.

Why people want to run from the DSOR is beyond me.  Get better.  That's the solution.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, eagle12 said:

I don’t think this was a good idea at all ! They really need to move Georgia back to early November? That’s just to much really for any team.

The SEC wanted to give Auburn the bird for forcing the schedule change. That's why we have LSU and UGA in back to back weeks. And it's why we have to make the longest road trip possible to South Carolina 7 days before the iron bowl. Just think about how odd it is the SEC has us going to Columbia 2 years in a row, much less the week before Thanksgiving. 

The message is: "Oh, you want an easier schedule? Try this one."

Schedule always looks tougher when you're not quite as good as the other guys, and doesn't look quite as formidable when you're really good.

Also, "longest road trip possible to South Carolina"? Huh? It's 316 miles. Maybe you're thinking of Columbia, Missouri...733 miles. (Fun fact while I was looking this up: Auburn to Columbia, SC and Auburn to Knoxville are almost identical distances (1 mile difference)).

Outside of a nonconference patsy, South Carolina is pretty close to the best non-Vanderbilt option we could have from the East.

Flipping the trips to College Station and Columbia would have been much rougher.

The schedule complaint is misguided. Hell, we don't even have consecutive road games this year.

Just have to get quality trench ponies and coach 'em up right. That's where it starts.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The SEC wanted to give Auburn the bird for forcing the schedule change. That's why we have LSU and UGA in back to back weeks. And it's why we have to make the longest road trip possible to South Carolina 7 days before the iron bowl. Just think about how odd it is the SEC has us going to Columbia 2 years in a row, much less the week before Thanksgiving. 

Which is why I’m super cynical about the scheduling once TX and OK arrive.

• Like 1

Well unfortunately the league isn’t sitting on pins and needles waiting on word from AU on how we’d like our schedule set up. Forget about the other teams and the intricate logistics that come with scheduling, let’s just base it on AU particular whims and wants. :) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Well unfortunately the league isn’t sitting on pins and needles waiting on word from AU on how we’d like our schedule set up. Forget about the other teams and the intricate logistics that come with scheduling, let’s just base it on AU particular whims and wants. :) 

Exactly what I was thinking earlier but couldn't have put it better. It's not about how could life be easier for Auburn football. It's all about Auburn football getting on a trajectory to be able to beat our opponents in the order they come. Life doesn't line our challenges up so that we can be successful. Successful people overcome their challenges when they arise. 

• Like 1

I was told by someone that works in the athletic dept that the uga/Auburn game was safe and would continue to be played every year.  We will see.  Ii hope they are right.  One thing is for certain, if AU doesn't play uga every year, there is no way in hell Oklahoma plays Texas every year.

• Sad 1

It's big boy football. It's better than amen corner we used to have. Besides, I'd rather play them both early in the season when we are more that likely to be at full strength. 2 years we will be competing with them on a more level playing field. When we get the recruits this current staff wants and needs I think we will be consistantly top ten in the country. We just have to suffer through this season and probably next... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

1) The longest road trip is not South Carolina.

Off the top of my head, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all further.  And Tennessee is almost identical.

2) You're complaining about drawing South Carolina from the East????  They blow.  I'd take that any day of the week before the Iron Bowl.

FFS some of y'all are pansies.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Haha 1

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Off the top of my head, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all further.

2) You're complaining about drawing South Carolina from the East????  They blow.  I'd take that any day of the week before the Iron Bowl.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

We are already going to TAMU and Arkansas. USC was a draw and schedule placement made to severely inconvenience our team. Point went scorching over your head. 

11 hours ago, eagle12 said:

Georgia could have been anywhere on the schedule Auburn wouldn't have won.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Off the top of my head, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all further.

First time since 2006 we have a conference opponent 7 days before Alabama. First time since 2005 we have a road trip before Bama. 

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

We are already going to TAMU and Arkansas. USC was a draw and schedule placement made to severely inconvenience our team. Point went scorching over your head. 

Nooo, we've been scheduled to play at South Carolina for years.  How do I know?  Because I have been planning the trip for that long as part of my "see every SEC stadium mission".

And wahhhhh, we have to play at A&M and Arkansas.  Who cares?  They friggin' fly on planes man.  Its a two hour ride.  This ain't 1958 where the team only takes trains and buses.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

First time since 2006 we have a conference opponent 7 days before Alabama. First time since 2005 we have a road trip before Bama. 

Again, you're worried about SOUTH CAROLINA!!!  If this is where as a program and fan base have fallen to, then we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Also, Bama plays Arkansas that same week.  You see them being little pansies about it?

Edited by Brad_ATX

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Nooo, we've been scheduled to play at South Carolina for years.  How do I know?  Because I have been planning the trip for that long as part of my "see every SEC stadium mission".

And wahhhhh, we have to play at A&M and Bama.  Who cares?  They friggin' fly on planes man.  Its a two hour ride.  This ain't 1958 where the team only takes trains and buses.

Hey great for you, pal. If you don't think it's odd they placed that game there (away, for some reason, on consecutive years, for some reason) without giving us a bye in between, then that's fine. I won't convince you. Just not using your noggin. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

Hey great for you, pal. If you don't think it's odd they placed that game there (away, for some reason, on consecutive years, for some reason) without giving us a bye in between, then that's fine. I won't convince you. Just not using your noggin. 

Last year was an anomaly year.  The entire schedule was screwy.  Was it fair that Tennessee had to come to JHS twice in three years?  Nope.

And again, Bama has a tougher conference game than we do the week before the Iron Bowl.

Why should we get a bye and they don't?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Again, you're worried about SOUTH CAROLINA!!!  If this is where as a program and fan base have fallen to, then we have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Also, Bama plays Arkansas that same week.  You see them being little pansies about it?

I'm not "worried" about anybody, you psycho. I don't have a roster spot. I'm making an observation about the scheduling choice given the options. It is about as inconvenient a choice as they could have realistically given us. 

"Pansies". Are you nuts?