Aaron Murray getting called out

aubiefifty

THere were a few gafs in the broadcast crew doing our game Saturday.

I think, on 1 play where Ark threw a pass out to the flat and the guy caught and then dropped it, Murray  I think, said "that was a catch", when it was obvious the WR never had control of the ball before it dropped. 

Neuheisel was better but there seemed some times where they showed more one-sided comments in favor of Arkansas.

And it seemed they were always talking and showing Pittman on the sideline, and correct me if I am wrong, but very rarely, if at alled showed Harsin on the sideline or gave him props on the job he has done.

I'm usually very neutral in my analysis of commentators and not an AU homer, but these guys just seemed to not be balanced or at times accurate in their analysis on some plays.

• Like 1

Just now, steeleagle said:

I think, on 1 play where Ark threw a pass out to the flat and the guy caught and then dropped it, Murray  I think, said "that was a catch", when it was obvious the WR never had control of the ball before it dropped. 

Neuheisel was better but there seemed some times where they showed more one-sided comments in favor of Arkansas.

And it seemed they were always talking and showing Pittman on the sideline, and correct me if I am wrong, but very rarely, if at alled showed Harsin on the sideline or gave him props on the job he has done.

I'm usually very neutral in my analysis of commentators and not an AU homer, but these guys just seemed to not be balanced or at times accurate in their analysis on some plays.

I will add that Neuheisel did repeatedly talk about how Nix is so much better on his QB skills. He kept calling it what an 'ephiphany'?  So he was praisworthy of him a lot...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Between him and Nessler it's hard to decide who is more in love with Saban

I like Nessler a lot. Yes, he's complimentary of Saban, but I also have found him to be very complimentary of Auburn. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:21 AM, BJCrawford said:

Better him than the over explaining Neuheisel.  

Yes, he needs to be on a word count. When he hits his limit, the mic is muted. He will be gone halfway into the 1st quarter.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, USATiger said:

Speaking of dumb comments....

Andy simply isn't very good at football pxp on radio and Stan loves to step on calls.  Its a very hard listen.

Ole Miss has the best radio crew in the league by a mile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

It always seems to me that the CBS picks one team to fixate on during a game. Typically the team that is favored to win

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I thought it was a catch also. Thought they should have reviewed the play actually. I thought they did fine and were pretty even handed. I don’t think the commentators control  which cameras are being shown, that’s probably maybe the directors.

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Andy simply isn't very good at football pxp on radio and Stan loves to step on calls.  Its a very hard listen.

I like our radio crew. Think they do a good job. I would listen to them all the time if I could get it timed with the TV.

• Like 1

just my .02

NO ONE IS AS BAD AS TESSITORE. NO ONE. Would gladly take Gary and Vern over Tessitore and his WAY OVER THE TOP DRAMATICS. Sounds like he is doing a reality tv show all the time.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:13 AM, jluvah said:

But then we’d have to hear our broadcaster mess up every other play

Holy crap I thought that was just me. Stan does have to do a lot of correction during the game 

10 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Holy crap I thought that was just me. Stan does have to do a lot of correction during the game 

Stan can be equally bad. Trying to enunciate every word properly drives me crazy personally. Surely he doesn’t talk like that in everyday life.

On 10/18/2021 at 12:08 PM, Brad_ATX said:

The point being, yes Auburn broadcast is bad, I wish Stan were gone long ago, but its a "family" with a helluva a lot less budget than a CBS sports crew.  CBS is in the business of making a profit, correct me if I'm wrong, but Auburn broadcast isn't.  What does the combo of family and not-for-profit get you?  Auburn broadcast.  That is why I was pointing out the two aren't comparable, all things being considered.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:08 AM, Brad_ATX said:

I think Kesling at Tennessee does a really good job. And the guys on Kentucky’s broadcast are good as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USATiger said:

The point being, yes Auburn broadcast is bad, I wish Stan were gone long ago, but its a "family" with a helluva a lot less budget than a CBS sports crew.  CBS is in the business of making a profit, correct me if I'm wrong, but Auburn broadcast isn't.  What does the combo of family and not-for-profit get you?  Auburn broadcast.  That is why I was pointing out the two aren't comparable, all things being considered.

I got news for you.  Every broadcast is in the business of making a profit, very much including Auburn.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1