First time in Auburn with the kiddos!

War to the Eagle

Go to AU website and look for game day itinerary.

11 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

What time is Tiger Walk?  What else should we see/do?

TIA.

Tiger Walk is like 2.5 hours before the game i think. I'd recommend also swinging by the basketball arena prior to the game. You can walk through the little museum they have and see the trophy and some cool old AU picks. Also a good place to get out of the elements whether it be hot or cold out. Looks cold for this one! 

I don't have kiddos so hopefully others have some more suggestions for kid friendly activities

• Like 1

there is a cross eyed pigeon around the area of toomers and j and m bookstore. do not feed it! it will follow you and peck at your feet wanting more food. it will harass you and follow you all the way to the stadium. unfortunately pete does not seem to know the difference between the home guys and the visitors. i would suggest bring a bb gun just in case. a rolled up newspaper will do no good because ol pete loves to fight.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

there is a cross eyed pigeon around the area of toomers and j and m bookstore. do not feed it! it will follow you and peck at your feet wanting more food. it will harass you and follow you all the way to the stadium. unfortunately pete does not seem to know the difference between the home guys and the visitors. i would suggest bring a bb gun just in case. a rolled up newspaper will do no good because ol pete loves to fight.

You sure this wasn’t a case of a cross-eyed fan with a duck? They are fierce.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You sure this wasn’t a case of a cross-eyed fan with a duck? They are fierce.

naw i ran the duck off. his bites pinch. pete will draw blood. some people will open a box of cracker jacks and dump the contents and run like hell while pete is chowing down.

If you go to Tiger Walk, stick around at the corner of Donahue and Heisman.  There is a quick pep rally with the band, cheerleaders and Aubie that is pretty cool.

Good new lunch place: Irritable Bao if you are there before game day.

• Like 1

Be sure and get into the stadium in time to see the Eagle fly- 20-30 minutes before kickoff. It takes a bit longer to get in with the digital tickets. 

On 10/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, War to the Eagle said:

TIA.

If you're in town on Friday there's a ton going on. With kids, I definitely check out the Football, Fans, and Feathers @ 4 PM on Friday it's a good up close presentation by the Raptor center. Also got the locker room tours starting at 4:30 then the volleyball game with the basketball scrimmage to follow inside the Arena. 

On gameday, the Fan Fest deal starts at 2 on the Nichols Lawn and they'll have entertainment, giveaways, and inflatables for the kids. Then make your way down early for a good spot for Tiger Walk which is always 2 hours prior to kickoff. Hang around the intersection for the 4 corners pep rally with the band, cheerleaders, and Aubie.

Here's a handy link for Friday and Saturday timelines. LINK

Edited by ValleyTiger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Mine loved Fan Fest when they were younger. Their list of must do were Tiger Walk, Pep rally, Fan Fest, Eagle flight, Toomer's lemonade, and Little Italy pizza. Yes there are better places to eat but for kids you really can't beat it if you kids love pizza like 90% of them do.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, aubiefifty said:

naw i ran the duck off. his bites pinch. pete will draw blood. some people will open a box of cracker jacks and dump the contents and run like hell while pete is chowing down.

Not many people know this, but the ducks in parks are free if you want to take one home. We've got 14 of them now. 

On 10/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, War to the Eagle said:

TIA.

Hah! I just asked the same thing above, will delete my topic! 

For those answering, any ideas on what to do with downtime Sunday-Monday? My son is visiting the College of Engineering on Tuesday, so we're hanging around. 

8 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

If you're in town on Friday there's a ton going on. With kids, I definitely check out the Football, Fans, and Feathers @ 4 PM on Friday it's a good up close presentation by the Raptor center. Also got the locker room tours starting at 4:30 then the volleyball game with the basketball scrimmage to follow inside the Arena. 

On gameday, the Fan Fest deal starts at 2 on the Nichols Lawn and they'll have entertainment, giveaways, and inflatables for the kids. Then make your way down early for a good spot for Tiger Walk which is always 2 hours prior to kickoff. Hang around the intersection for the 4 corners pep rally with the band, cheerleaders, and Aubie.

Here's a handy link for Friday and Saturday timelines. LINK

This is fantastic!  Thanks, Valley...and thanks for everyone's insight.  We're pretty stoked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

This is fantastic!  Thanks, Valley...and thanks for everyone's insight.  We're pretty stoked.

No problem. My boys really enjoyed seeing the birds of prey up close earlier this year. Hope y'all have a blast. It should be a great atmosphere Saturday night and fingers crossed for a fun time at Toomers post game.

Of you're only in there for the day, try as hard as you can to park northeast of the Stadium. If you're way south on Donahue by the livestock and nursing school etc, you'll be miles from the car when you finish rolling @ Toomer's

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, War to the Eagle said:

TIA.

Enjoy the experience. I will always remember the first time my dad took me to an Auburn game. Absorb it all because I am sure it will be memorable for you and your kiddos. 

• Like 1