McDonald’s Raises Menu Prices as U.S. Worker Wages Climb

bigbird

On 11/10/2021 at 5:02 PM, bigbird said:

100% agree

However, could the jobs, like those in fast food, be "societal waste of space".  In that, those jobs could be handled through technology and the worker's efforts be better used in another industry?

I don't have an answer, just a thought exercise.

Except the majority of fast food workers aren't exactly the members of society that will ever learn a real marketable skill. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Except the majority of fast food workers aren't exactly the members of society that will ever learn a real marketable skill. 

Maybe get a physical and nutrition advice if you have visited enough fast food establishments to make that assessment.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, bigbird said:

I think wages needed to be raised, maybe not to that level, but raised nonetheless.  Unfortunately, the outcome could be seen from far off. 10 workers making $7.50/hr are now 5 workers making $15 and hour.  

The problem I see with this is that some of the same workers who used to work for the 7.50 were responsible for 1/10 of the work. Now they may be getting 15.00 per hour but now are expected to do 1/5 of the work. Not many people would do that much less with a smile. Half the workers at twice the cost are still only accomplishing half the output in many situations. Fast food jobs weren't set up to be a lifelong career outside of management. It's the same with retail clerks. I know because I managed retail big boxes for 37 years. The payroll budgets were lean and mean. I'm not much help to the fast food economy anymore anyway. I just don't eat at fast food places much anymore. I'm not waiting for food that I could literally have fixed in my kitchen during the time I sat in a drive thru. My patience has worn thin. I'm not a get off my grass guy though...not yet anyway. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Maybe get a physical and nutrition advice if you have visited enough fast food establishments to make that assessment.

Ask your mom about my fitness. 

Boom roasted. 

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

My patience has worn thin. I'm not a get off my grass guy though...not yet anyway. 

You will be and its wonderful................................j/k j/k hell I live in a condo so I have no grass to yell at kids to even get off.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You will be and its wonderful................................j/k j/k hell I live in a condo so I have no grass to yell at kids to even get off.

That doesn't stop you from yelling at kids though

On 11/6/2021 at 11:11 AM, TexasTiger said:

I worked fast food long enough to know how much it sucks in this country:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/interactive/2021/rebellion-mcdonalds-bradford-pa/?no_nav=true

I know the person taking orders in the drive thru has to be stressed......especially in locations where you just off the interstate..........cars are usually backed up most of the day......breakfast through dinner with hardly a break in between.

• Like 1