Auburn Is Wearing Orange Face Masks Saturday

toddc

I like the orange facemask in the photo. I was at the UGA game in '78 when the orange jerseys were worn. A big fat NO to that orange jersey because it just looked off. There are a lot of shades of orange and that's where I can get on or off of the bandwagon. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The white ones went over immensely. For a do or die game (that’ll be freezing cold), this is pretty smart. 

Even if you older fans don’t like it, look at it from a tactical standpoint 

The double standards here is off the charts, Alabama/Georgia gets led lights and we freak out because we don't have them, guess what we have them now. The rest of the college football world has left Auburn in the DUST from a cosmetics standpoint as far as updating our uniforms, it is just plain sad, we treat our football uniforms about how we treat Jordan Hare throw some lipstick on it and call it a day. These kids see what other programs are doing to there apparel or uniforms, they want the same things..

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

4 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

They hear 'orange facemarks' and the 1st thing that pops in the head is this catastrophe...

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 7.17.13 AM.png

I don't like the drip look on those unis, but I sure as hell smash the Vice Pro with green drip Golf Balls!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't like the drip look on those unis, but I sure as hell smash the Vice Pro with green drip Golf Balls!!!!!

I’m playing the same ball at the moment. Handicap is 3.2. Great golf ball and good looking helmet 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wcware said:

I’m playing the same ball at the moment. Handicap is 3.2. Great golf ball and good looking helmet 

Nice. I don't have a legit Handicap I just started playing a year ago. I average about 90ish.  I love the Vice Pro, and then I play the Calloway SuperSoft a good bit and Taylor made Project S.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wrong, some of us already had a beer at the Supper Club while you were still in diapers. I hate uniform change talk.

Miss the Supper Club days. I think I do, I don’t really remember much. 😝 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I like the orange facemask in the photo. I was at the UGA game in '78 when the orange jerseys were worn. A big fat NO to that orange jersey because it just looked off. There are a lot of shades of orange and that's where I can get on or off of the bandwagon. 

I was also at that game and concur with your assessment.  Those were quickie jerseys, I think, and the color was off.  I could go for an artfully executed orange home jersey, though.  Don't like what Oklahoma has done to their white jerseys with the shoulder wedges.  I did always like Miami's orange and green home jerseys.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Per Mane Eazy, Auburn is going with orange facemasks for the game:

250198182_308423151097559_3505638348053953438_n.thumb.jpg.cfdb70a732f227fc97880000228c6a1d.jpg

mmm...Without the orange jersey?

I think it's about time to add some flare to our team colors.

Not all the time, not every year, but for special games...I always like those burnt orange jerseys back in the 70s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

The double standards here is off the charts, Alabama/Georgia gets led lights and we freak out because we don't have them, guess what we have them now. The rest of the college football world has left Auburn in the DUST from a cosmetics standpoint as far as updating our uniforms, it is just plain sad, we treat our football uniforms about how we treat Jordan Hare throw some lipstick on it and call it a day. These kids see what other programs are doing to there apparel or uniforms, they want the same things..

This. We don't have to be Oregon, but changing a facemask is a small thing that can go a long way with the players and recruits. 

Obviously winning is the best tool, but at least trying to be a little cool won't hurt either. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Am I crazy or did Aubie lead out the team in a white Cadillac or was that the Tenn game when we threw oranges

6 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Orange facemasks are a gateway drug.

Let's hope so.  I love our uniforms, but mixing it up is good for the players, marketing department and the $$$$$$$

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hearing buzz that orange jerseys may be happening tomorrow

Where, here? :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No.  Connected friend.  He is usually right, but not always.

Gotcha. I checked the link posted above. I have no idea how anyone can see anything orange in that. It's so dark. Hope the speculation is warranted. I'd like to see it occasionally. Ole Miss is the perfect type of game for it. Meaningful game but not gimmicky like it would be if it was Bama...if that makes any sense. 

• Like 2