Auburn Is Wearing Orange Face Masks Saturday

toddc

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

The double standards here is off the charts, Alabama/Georgia gets led lights and we freak out because we don't have them, guess what we have them now. The rest of the college football world has left Auburn in the DUST from a cosmetics standpoint as far as updating our uniforms, it is just plain sad, we treat our football uniforms about how we treat Jordan Hare throw some lipstick on it and call it a day. These kids see what other programs are doing to there apparel or uniforms, they want the same things..

I beat the drum on this pretty often when it comes to the basketball side of things, just bc there's less "tradition" there fogging up people's rose colored glasses. But yes, it's about time for at least, the occasional quirky experiment. Almost every other major orange and blue university has created at least one good newer uni through experimenting, and I think it's time for us to have some. A throwback helmet design, some orange facemasks, maybe some interesting colored cleats and/or socks. That's a good start to me!  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Wrong, some of us already had a beer at the Supper Club while you were still in diapers. I hate uniform change talk.

I said I was old, not ancient. :)

I miss the Supper Club. Hard to find a good trough urinal these days.

• Haha 2

I swear if the Orange Jerseys happen I deserve recognition dammit because I broke the news last Sunday, I have some connections but not for this I was just taking a wild guess but still.... 😋🤣 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

They hear 'orange facemarks' and the 1st thing that pops in the head is this catastrophe...

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 7.17.13 AM.png

I actually like it

3E2BC253-D070-4DD7-AEEC-80D3B20EBF6D.gif

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Don’t do orange jersey’s. Hit ‘em with the shadows!

81F5A070-5610-44CC-A1AA-85DEDD3F993B.jpeg

I always thought those looked like they came from Walmart. Probably in the minority but didn't care for them. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Blue britches!

Which would look great on the road occasionally. 

OK, AUTIGER88, if it happens, I know where to lead the mob with pitchforks!  I suffered thru Barfield...in our part of the student section there was a loud groan when they came on the field in '78....

image.png.37c30d6a18396d2162782373f9a8a64b.png

Edited by japantiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The white ones went over immensely. For a do or die game (that’ll be freezing cold), this is pretty smart. 

Even if you older fans don’t like it, look at it from a tactical standpoint 

Freezing cold? Weather shows temperature at kickoff at 56, that's not even jacket weather much less freezing cold.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, japantiger said:

OK, AUTIGER88, if it happens, I know where to lead the mob with pitchforks!  I suffered thru Barfield...in our part of the student section there was a loud groan when they came on the field in '78....

image.png.37c30d6a18396d2162782373f9a8a64b.png

Ok that's fine🤣

the-rock.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

I swear if the Orange Jerseys happen I deserve recognition dammit because I broke the news last Sunday, I have some connections but not for this I was just taking a wild guess but still.... 😋🤣 

We will recognize that you made a wild guess!!

Auburn to wear orange facemasks against Ole Miss

ByNATHAN KING 15 minutes ago

What Will We Learn From Week 9 Games? (Late Kick Cut)

latekick-weekninewhatwillwelearnthumbnail.jpg

Auburn is shaking up its traditional uniforms for the second time this season.

For their Halloween eve matchup with Ole Miss (6 p.m. CST, ESPN), the Tigers are wearing alternate orange facemasks, the team announced in a video on social media Friday afternoon. 

Auburn also changed its facemasks from its standard navy ones to white when the Tigers traveled to Penn State.

“Yeah, of course,” Auburn associate athletic director and head equipment coordinator Dana Marquez said after the Penn State game when asked if orange facemasks were a possibility in the near future. “I tried to change the helmet to blue one year. You have to stay on top of recruiting and stay cutting edge. … But again, here at Auburn, you have to stay true to who you are; you don’t want to go way out of bounds. We’ve worn orange facemasks before. So if we wear them again, it’s like hey, we’ve done it before.

“We’re staying within a tradition and bringing back an old look and something within our style, and not necessarily trying to make something new. This time, it was something new, but it felt and looked really good inside of our palette.”

Auburn previously wore orange facemasks on its primary helmet in the late '70s and early '80s.

• Like 1

• toddc changed the title to Auburn Is Wearing Orange Face Masks Saturday?
1 hour ago, gr82be said:

I always thought those looked like they came from Walmart. Probably in the minority but didn't care for them. 

Well those uniforms with the shadows were made by RA. And Walmart now sells RA. So you’re right haha. It’s a nostalgia thing for me. Reminds me of those Dameyun Craig days. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

IF.... We are planning on wearing orange jerseys, would they announce it ahead of time  🤔

Probably not they will just surprise everybody lol 

• Like 1