Rattler

80Tiger

31 minutes ago, AUreo said:

Bo is QB1

Rattler is a drama queen and high maintenance.

There is nothing about Bo where he should be locked into the starting position.  Longevity shouldn't count

• Like 1

What they ^ said. 

Also, one thing I hate so much about this season is that we're going to get one of these threads for every damn 4*+ OL, WR and QB that puts his name in the portal. 

4 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Put this here instead of recruiting. Should AU pursue Spencer Rattler when he enters the transfer portal?

Umm ... conditional -- if Spencer can drag some stud OL & DL prospects along with him, then YES.  

I am always open to competition . Also that true freshman was a 5 star QB and the #2 QB in the nation . He would beat out a crap load of upper classmen to be honest . That tells you the depth of OU.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Clearly... there's no guarantees that come with those stars.  

It would be fun the see fan rating on players after their playing time is up and compare to the incoming star ratings. Sort of a buyer/user review. There would be some 3 stars leaving with a 5 star rating and some 5 stars leaving with a 3 star rating no doubt. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

O-Line and QB are probably two hardest positions to rate. In HS we see QB's do great and they look good in camps but it is different when you have to be able to instantly read a defense and then make the throw under pressure. Making the throw in camp setting is totally different then doing it on the playing field where defense are changing looks at last minute. 

Similar issues with O-Line you can look at height, weight, arm length, strength, foot quickness but  most people don't realize how cerebral an offensive linemen needs to be. Different blocking schemes last minute decision on who to pickup when there is a blitz, recognizing changing defensive alignments.  You can have the physical tools but still flop if you don't read the defense correctly. On any one play if any of the 5 O-Linemen and sometimes TE miss an assignment the whole play blows up.   

I don't know where he's at now but he didn't seem to be too good of a teammate so I'd worry about that.

The other reactions as if it shouldn't even be thought about is funny to me though.

I remember in basketball I had a similar type of post about lamello ball and read similar posts and now mello is a former rookie of the year and now franchise player in the NBA. 

Don't know if rattler is the right fit but if there is some stud out there that needs an opportunity floating around we absolutely should look and evaluate thoroughly.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know where he's at now but he didn't seem to be too good of a teammate so I'd worry about that.

The other reactions as if it shouldn't even be thought about is funny to me though.

I remember in basketball I had a similar type of post about lamello ball and read similar posts and now mello is a former rookie of the year and now franchise player in the NBA. 

Don't know if rattler is the right fit but if there is some stud out there that needs an opportunity floating around we absolutely should look and evaluate thoroughly.

Had the same thoughts. I haven't liked Rattler's personality since whatever TV show he was on in high school. I wouldn't bring him in. 

But I won't be surprised if he has a very good season somewhere next year. And we should definitely consider any super talented QBs that might be floating around. That's the number one way to cover up a bunch of our current deficiencies until Harsin has time to make it fully work. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Put this here instead of recruiting. Should AU pursue Spencer Rattler when he enters the transfer portal?

Nope, guy has a track record of basically quitting on his team when benched