Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

A bunch of those threads were deleted. I know what I'm saying because I was part of the conversation

I think you might have QB's mixed up.  It wasn't Bo.  It was about JFIII, like @keesler mentioned above.  He left in late 2017.  Bo did not arrive until later and committed to us on 01/10/2018.

• Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

I think you might have QB's mixed up.  It wasn't Bo.  It was about JFIII, like @keesler mentioned above.  He left in late 2017.  Bo did not arrive until later and committed to us on 01/10/2018.

No I'm not. But let's move on

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

This reminds me...... Where has WDEWDE been this season?  He's usually in here giving bits & pieces of the inner workings of the program. 

He is still posting, but on the donor-side.  Posted today actually regarding Davis.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

What an awesome responsibility to be the one that decides who comes and goes. Bet you get lots of Christmas gifts.

Clueless. Self-righteous much? 

If 23 is either of the people I named, he probably got a chuckle out of my post. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

He claimed JF3 was the QB of the future for Auburn and linked articles of his training sessions with Mike Vick as evidence that JF3 would exceed Malzhan's poor training/development record with QBs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerHorn said:

Clueless. Self-righteous much? 

If 23 is either of the people I named, he probably got a chuckle out of my post. 

You probably went back in his Christmas list!!

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

If this team was led by Kiffin and he brought Corral we have one loss and idek if we would have lost to UGA.  Kiffin and MC very close he would have followed LK. Ik we shot feelers to Kiffin but we should have thrown big bucks at him last year.

Can someone explain Lane Kiffin's recruiting to me?

He's a 2nd year HC in this conference. Tons of name recognition. His team is ranked. They have a "Heisman Candidate" QB who gets talked about every weekend.

Their recruiting is below ours. They just lost one of their few 4-star commitments. They have 13 commitments with a whopping three 4-stars. 

This is the "Messiah"? And no, we would not be a 1-loss team under him LMAO. His shoddy decision making and childishness will lose him games every year. Even with Matt Corral, you think he transforms the talent at OL and WR on this team to make his offense work? Who's his DC? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

He claimed JF3 was the QB of the future for Auburn and linked articles of his training sessions with Mike Vick as evidence that JF3 would exceed Malzhan's poor training/development record with QBs. 

Link to that?

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Can someone explain Lane Kiffin's recruiting to me?

He's a 2nd year HC in this conference. Tons of name recognition. His team is ranked. They have a "Heisman Candidate" QB who gets talked about every weekend.

Their recruiting is below ours. They just lost one of their few 4-star commitments. They have 13 commitments with a whopping three 4-stars. 

This is the "Messiah"? And no, we would not be a 1-loss team under him LMAO. His shoddy decision making and childishness will lose him games every year. Even with Matt Corral, you think he transforms the talent at OL and WR on this team to make his offense work? Who's his DC? 

Recruits think he is leaving.

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Recruits think he is leaving.

Their recruiting has looked like that literally all year. They've been at the bottom of the league in total commitments beside us for months and months. Recruits thought he was leaving 6 months ago? 

His recruiting looks like complete s***, seriously. At least with Harsin there is an obvious: he isn't from this region and no one knows who he is yet. Kiffin came over to Ole Miss after a stint coaching in Florida, and before that was at Alabama. Everyone knows who Lane Kiffin is. They've gotten little to no traction all year.

It doesn't even make sense: they have three 4-stars committed and all of them are defensive players (a DL, S, and CB). Shouldn't offensive weapons be lining up to play for him?

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Link to that?

You said yourself that his posts were deleted so I'm not about to hunt around to link a damn thing.  I've been here a while and I distinctly remember '23's take on JF3 & the Mike Vick training because the vibe he gave felt like he was promoting JF3 to the hilt.  Then when the kid crashed & never amounted to much under Gus, '23 went MIA from this board & JF3 transferred to FAU to play for Kiffin. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

You said yourself that his posts were deleted so I'm not about to hunt around to link a damn thing.  I've been here a while and I distinctly remember '23's take on JF3 & the Mike Vick training because the vibe he gave felt like he was promoting JF3 to the hilt.  Then when the kid crashed & never amounted to much under Gus, '23 went MIA from this board & JF3 transferred to FAU to play for Kiffin. 

Ok thank you. I just asked the question to show that point. Maybe it was another 23 saying gatewood was killing it during practices and such.

I don't doubt he said the stuff about jf3 as you seem to be strong in your conviction. I'm just saying that doesn't mean he never posted again after that, so to keep saying he said that about jf3 doesn't necessarily mean that I'm wrong. I've been here a while myself.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok thank you. I just asked the question to show that point. Maybe it was another 23 saying gatewood was killing it during practices and such.

I don't doubt he said the stuff about jf3 as you seem to be strong in your conviction. I'm just saying that doesn't mean he never posted again after that, so to keep saying he said that about jf3 doesn't necessarily mean that I'm wrong. I've been here a while myself.

They were not deleted.  Here is one.

Capture.JPG.60db7eba099bd611aa629025ef1734df.JPG

I mean, instead of arguing, let's simply just ask the guy and let him speak for himself.  :lol:  @austudnt23 did you leave due to Bo Nix, JFIII, or a completely different reason?

• Like 1

That's a lot of bomb throwing by 23. Why now and how does this have anything to do with Auburn's current situation? Is he saying that Harsin is leaving or being fired and we should throw 10 mil at Kiffin this year? A lot of ifs and buts by 23 and no real explanation of the reason for his posts???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

They were not deleted.  Here is one.

Capture.JPG.60db7eba099bd611aa629025ef1734df.JPG

I mean, instead of arguing, let's simply just ask the guy and let him speak for himself.  :lol:  @austudnt23 did you leave due to Bo Nix, JFIII, or a completely different reason?

I didn't ask for that I asked for a post of him saying that's why he left. Most arguments get deleted, especially stuff at an "insider" and definitely anything that would make the insider aggravated enough to say something like I'm gone. But my point was you can't simply say look at the history because stuff happens. That's all.

But like I said maybe it was a fake 23 giving the practice updates of the QB battle. I don't want to argue about this

Edited by cole256

1 hour ago, GAAubie said:

That's a lot of bomb throwing by 23. Why now and how does this have anything to do with Auburn's current situation? Is he saying that Harsin is leaving or being fired and we should throw 10 mil at Kiffin this year? A lot of ifs and buts by 23 and no real explanation of the reason for his posts???

Yeah, THIS  '23 poster did a drive by bomb thread (when we haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a long while) acting like the flipping HC position is currently open and AU should just go after Kiffin with a $10mm offer.  WTH? 

Edited by keesler
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, keesler said:

Maybe he did both?

Lost me with the Kiffen stuff. Probably has some valid points on not using the NIL properly to beef up recruiting. But most of the rest of these posts I don't agree with. Hunter earned his time. I mean maybe give Tank a few more touches....i could agree with he is slightly being under utilized. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Lost me with the Kiffen stuff. Probably has some valid points on not using the NIL properly to beef up recruiting. But most of the rest of these posts I don't agree with. Hunter earned his time. I mean maybe give Tank a few more touches....i could agree with he is slightly being under utilized. 

Player/talent evaluations on the Auburn roster was not '23's strong suit yrs ago.  And with his Hunter vs Tank evaluation it appears it's still not his forte.