Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

38 minutes ago, keesler said:

ODD to see this almost identical thread posted elsewhere.  austudent23???   Tiger677???

Capture.PNGCapture #3.PNG

image.png

image.png

that is some impressive investigative reporting right there sir!  grins

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Just look at the roster. Barring some insane luck in the transfer portal year 2 is going to be a very, very long one for we Auburn fans. I expect the win/loss record to be worse next year than it is this year. If things are going to get to where we want them to be, the '23 season should show progress.

In any case, unless there's some unforeseen meltdown Harsin should be given 4 to 5 years to get his program going in the right direction.

We don't need to be insanely lucky to ramp up players in the portal, we just need to be diligent and evaluate well.

@bigbird is probably happy to know you're starting to come around to the idea Gus left us with a near disaster of a roster 

• Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, keesler said:

ODD to see this almost identical thread posted elsewhere.  austudent23???   Tiger677???

Capture.PNGCapture #3.PNG

image.png

image.png

Ha that's amazing 

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that is some impressive investigative reporting right there sir!  grins

I was stuck at the airport.  My Philly flight got rerouted back to Bham this morning due to mechanical problems and they cancelled it ....  thank God for Delta and their wonderful (really pretty) ladies getting me to my destination. 

Edited by keesler
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I was stuck at the airport.  My Philly flight got rerouted back to Bham this morning due to mechanical problems and they cancelled it ....  thank God for Delta and their wonderful (really pretty) ladies getting me to my destination. 

delta was always my fav but i have only flown like three times.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

delta was always my fav but i have only flown like three times.

Southwest & Delta are my first choice always.  By no choice of mine my original flight was with American (yuck). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, keesler said:

My wife is over regional training for American. The stories I hear everyday

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

God Bless her!  

I fly for free! But always have to work. Just from relation I have learned so much and airports. 

Also my homie literally runs Atlanta's airport. Very interesting industry

I liked 23's input years ago but I did not always agree with it.  The run game is on the O-line when RB is consistently getting hit in backfield or within 1 yard of LOS then it is on the O-line. Their pass blocking improved this year but not their run blocking. 

23 is right to question why our big money guys don't seem to be helping much with NIL's.  Is it because Greene had the guts to stand up to them and their feelings are hurt.  Like Greene or don't like him long term it was one of the best things an AD has done at Auburn. A major university can't let a few deep pocket people run the School or the athletic department. 

Time will tell whether Harsin is right man for the job but the fact that the AD acted like an AD and said we run the department and not the money guys is refreshing. I hope Harsin is successful first because I love Auburn and always want us to succeed, two because I think he is bringing the correct football culture to make us a long term winner, but most importantly so we don't go back to money telling AD and at time Auburn President how to run the program.

Donors need to be respected and their ideas listened to but the professionals have to make the decisions.

This has been a strange year. I know they we are middle of the pack talent wise in the SEC and at times it seemed like these coaches adjusted the system and were getting the most out of the players then at other times it seemed like the coaches were lost. I like the general direction of the offense and really wonder if we had one elite impact receiver how good we could have been this year. I have made no bones about the fact that I don't like the bend don't break defense but the reality most of the time it has worked this year. 

Now getting back to where this thread has moved about 23 leaving because he was abused. We do have posters who attack people when they disagree with them. As I said at the beginning I liked 23 and I missed him when he left, but I did disagree with him at times. I usually said why I disagreed and then one or two posts where we each defended our position.  What seems to happen each poster digs in and eventually nasty things are said. 

I try and follow one rule if disagreeing and have given my reasons a couple of times it is time to stop and move on. Then it almost never gets nasty. 

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

I get it. And for the record, I don't want Kiffin any closer to Auburn than Oxford MS. I just know how JABA we can be. 

For giggles, What if he brings in Arch Manning???!!

Edited by Randman5000
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, AUwent said:

Are we making legit progress on getting players NIL deals? If not, what should/can be done?

I will say though, OM’s recruiting is surprisingly not doing well ATM.

Ole miss doesnt have the boosters and names like businesses that can back the NIL like we do. Yellawood BB&T I beleieve is Lowders bank name now. Apple and Tim Cook imagine an AU player on an apple commercial how much would that hepp? Do our coaches jot think anout this or are the guys like Crane, Lowder, and Cook not willing or care to believe he is going to be succesful.

When was the last time Tank averaged more than 3 yards a carry?  You can give it to him 25 times a game but if he only gets 75yards is he still being under utilized?  I'm not blaming Tank because there is no where to go when he gets the ball but I'm not sure he is under used when he's not effective when he's used.  The inability to run the ball is why Auburn has 4 loses and a QB with a broken ankle.

Edit to add Bo got some more NIL money from Subway today.  

Edited by Win4AU
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

I want to say he let people know he was leaving. Someone else said they have seen him on other boards. But I don't know anything about his personal life.

I post on one other boards and thanks cole nobody ever asked me to leave lol. I was asked to post more lol. Good to see u posting still also cole.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I liked 23's input years ago but I did not always agree with it.  The run game is on the O-line when RB is consistently getting hit in backfield or within 1 yard of LOS then it is on the O-line. Their pass blocking improved this year but not their run blocking. 

23 is right to question why our big money guys don't seem to be helping much with NIL's.  Is it because Greene had the guts to stand up to them and their feelings are hurt.  Like Greene or don't like him long term it was one of the best things an AD has done at Auburn. A major university can't let a few deep pocket people run the School or the athletic department. 

Time will tell whether Harsin is right man for the job but the fact that the AD acted like an AD and said we run the department and not the money guys is refreshing. I hope Harsin is successful first because I love Auburn and always want us to succeed, two because I think he is bringing the correct football culture to make us a long term winner, but most importantly so we don't go back to money telling AD and at time Auburn President how to run the program.

Donors need to be respected and their ideas listened to but the professionals have to make the decisions.

This has been a strange year. I know they we are middle of the pack talent wise in the SEC and at times it seemed like these coaches adjusted the system and were getting the most out of the players then at other times it seemed like the coaches were lost. I like the general direction of the offense and really wonder if we had one elite impact receiver how good we could have been this year. I have made no bones about the fact that I don't like the bend don't break defense but the reality most of the time it has worked this year. 

Now getting back to where this thread has moved about 23 leaving because he was abused. We do have posters who attack people when they disagree with them. As I said at the beginning I liked 23 and I missed him when he left, but I did disagree with him at times. I usually said why I disagreed and then one or two posts where we each defended our position.  What seems to happen each poster digs in and eventually nasty things are said. 

I try and follow one rule if disagreeing and have given my reasons a couple of times it is time to stop and move on. Then it almost never gets nasty. 

Apple should be used with Tim Cook have our coaches even tried? Yellowood should have already been broadcasting our players on tvs. Hey we are a basketball school now. I love Pearl but him telling his recruits this erks me for some reason. I love Pearl though its just we need a Pearl on the football side.

• Dislike 1

Just now, austudnt23 said:

Apple should be used with Tim Cook have our coaches even tried? Yellowood should have already been broadcasting our players on tvs. Hey we are a basketball school now. I love Pearl but him telling his recruits this erks me for some reason. I love Pearl though its just we need a Pearl on the football side.

Also excuses autocorrected spelling im typing on cell phone.

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Ole miss doesnt have the boosters and names like businesses that can back the NIL like we do. Yellawood BB&T I beleieve is Lowders bank name now. Apple and Tim Cook imagine an AU player on an apple commercial how much would that hepp? Do our coaches jot think anout this or are the guys like Crane, Lowder, and Cook not willing or care to believe he is going to be succesful.

@austudnt23How much of this is hampered by Rich McGynn supposedly not letting us play ball as much as other schools as has been said in other AU sites?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Also excuses autocorrected spelling im typing on cell phone.

Just passed a Morgan and Morgan Law Firm sign in Bham with random Bama lineman on it. Says size matters

Edited by austudnt23
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I love Pearl but him telling his recruits this erks me for some reason

FTR I have not seen Bruce say this anywhere & him knowing how important football is to every part of AU as he has said millions of times I highly doubt he said that. What I saw was 1 basketball recruit say we were a basketball school in 1 interview to said recruit, not Bruce nor coming from Bruce. Unless you heard him say it let's not give Bruce wrongful credit for that statement please.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Also i have nothing against Harsin. Last week made me sick and what other dye hard AU fan cant say that. He went into locker room preaching finish admit tingly. Can anyone give me any disadvantage that would come from us hiring Kiffin after the season? Recruiting would improve coaching would improve, he would know how to use this NIL to our advantage.