Losing Confidence in the Pillars of Our Civilization

AUFAN78

A true but troubling account from Victor Davis Hanson. 

Millions of citizens long ago concluded that professional sports, academia, and entertainment were no longer disinterested institutions, but far Left and deliberately hostile to Middle America.

Yet American conservatives still adamantly supported the nation's traditional investigatory, intelligence, and military agencies - especially when they came under budgetary or cultural attacks.

Not so much anymore.

For the first time in memory, conservatives now connect the FBI hierarchy with bureaucratic bloat, political bias, and even illegality.

In the last five years, the FBI was mostly in the news for the checkered careers of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Robert Mueller, Lisa Page, and Peter Strzok. Add in the criminality of convicted FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith.

The colossal FBI-driven "Russian collusion" hoax was marked by the leaking of confidential FBI memos, forged documents, improper surveillance, and serial disinformation.

Prior heads of the CIA and FBI, as well as the director of national intelligence, have at times either not told the truth under oath or claimed amnesia, without legal repercussions.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/11/25/_losing_confidence_in_the_pillars_of_our_civilization_146793.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Conservatives are also loving the military a lot less now a days for allowing the gays, colored, and soft liberals in. They even teach CrItIcAL RaCe ThEoRy now, which really draws up Republicans tighty whiteys. 

Rural Police departments are the last bastion of right-wing white masculinity left in America. Once the Right loses that to cultural assimilation and diversity who knows what hell will break loose. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Liberals, Conservatives......just two sides of a coin. Neither want equality just their form of it. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Conservatives are also loving the military a lot less now a days for allowing the gays, colored, and soft liberals in. They even teach CrItIcAL RaCe ThEoRy now, which really draws up Republicans tighty whiteys. 

Rural Police departments are the last bastion of right-wing white masculinity left in America. Once the Right loses that to cultural assimilation and diversity who knows what hell will break loose. 

Have you watched an episode of Yellowstone yet? :big:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Have you watched an episode of Yellowstone yet? :big:

Rip is going to take CoffeeTiger to the train station in the next episode.

12 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That reads like a sad concession.  ;D

On 11/29/2021 at 10:07 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Well back in my Army days the men were men, and the women were women,

usually the dudes banged the women. Sometimes the men banged the men...

and well, a good bit of the women banged the women too.

But nowadays in the Army the men are

..... wait.. Oh my God! I sincerely apologize for assuming anyone's gender.

Oh, apology not accepted?

Discharge?

:( Buh-bye career.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Well back in my Army days the men were men, and the women were women,

usually the dudes banged the women. Sometimes the men banged the men...

and well, a good bit of the women banged the women too.

But nowadays in the Army the men are

..... wait.. Oh my God! I sincerely apologize for assuming anyone's gender.

Oh, apology not accepted?

Discharge?

:( Buh-bye career.

I'm betting you don't have any daughters.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

What does that have to do with anything? What he said about his experience in the army is pretty much spot on. 

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

What does that have to do with anything? What he said about his experience in the army is pretty much spot on. 

Probably has something to do with how prevalent rape and sexual assault against women has been in the military. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Probably has something to do with how prevalent rape and sexual assault against women has been in the military. 

Which is something completely different than what Mims is talking about….

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

I have many daughters, and many sons. You can call me Abram :lol: 

But I don't know what your question had to do with my post.

• Like 1