Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

1 hour ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Most of what I have heard are not starters or key contributors. Although some question why they weren’t on the field (Not speaking of DD). 

How many you thinking total leave this offseason? I've heard possibly 15, which is what we had last year. Also heard heavy receiver run off. Seems like Canion, Capers, and JJ Evans would be the obvious three. Hope no one like Johnson Jr. and Dawson leave. Gotta think some reserve OL go. Also is Shivers going pro? Because if he comes back he could easily end up 5th string. May be wise for him to look around

Those three names wouldn't surprise me either. Walker as well. Maybe a guy like Tisdol, or one of our reserve DB's that have been buried in the chart. Frasier may go to, as he is just a blocker for us. 

On 11/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Probably the best Auburn atmosphere since the 4th quarter of the 2019 UGA game, I’d hope that pays off some dividends 

Not the 2019 Iron Bowl?

• SRBautigerfan changed the title to Canion and Shivers hit the Transfer Portal

Really hate seeing Shaun leave. He was so underutilized here, it's not funny. I am thankful for everything he did here and the awesome memories he left us with. He will be remembered by AU fans forever. War Eagle and good luck on all our your future endeavors Shaun!

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Not surprising to see Worm or Canion leave.  I’m thought both would play a much bigger part this season.  Shivers was almost like Devan Barrett.  If he was in look for the swing pass to him.  

• Like 1

When a senior and fan favorite hitting the portal shows up in the middle of the front page.

The end of Harsin's first season is almost as tumultuous as the end of his predecessor's last. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gonna miss Worm.  He will go down as one of our most under-utilized players of all time for me.

I liked the guy from the day he committed to AU. (see avatar). However, two very different coaching staffs both saw him as a role player, not an every down back. Were they both wrong?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Hate that my boy Worm didn't get more use, but one thing you can't take away is his Auburn legend status.

You don't Rock'em Sock'em Robots a first round corner and not be remembered forever.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Does worm have e one year left to play or two?

One, by my accounting. He's played four already, but the covid year gives him a 5th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I liked the guy from the day he committed to AU. (see avatar). However, two very different coaching staffs both saw him as a role player, not an every down back. Were they both wrong?

Yeah, unfortunately at this level he's a role player as it's really tough to run up the middle at 170 lbs. But given his intensity and running style, I could see him dominating in the right offense at a G5 school.

Hate to see these guys go but wish them all well. Shaun will always be one of my all time favorites to play at AU. He was a guy that always gave it his all. Never ever did I see Shaun on the football no giving his best. One tough guy. Probably the toughest guy I ever saw , pound for pound. Hope he has a great future . 👏👍🙏🦅

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Does worm have e one year left to play or two?

Played as true freshman in 2018 (Iron Bowl phantom penalty negated long ass TD run at BDS).

Played as sophomore in 2019 (Decapitated Bammer defensive back in IB TD run at JHS).

Played as Junior in 2020 (throwaway COVID year, doesn't count toward eligibility).

Played as Senior in 2021 (only in for swing passes to the flat; caught most, dropped some, most notably vs Georgia with that interception play).

So, he has played 4 years, but only 3 count. So, he should have 1 yr of eligibility remaining.

Love Shivers, wish he could have had more success at AU. He will always have one of the more memorable AU plays ever to his credit. Hope he finds a landing place that gives him lots of opportunity