Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just the thought of a bunch of people who can't even do what's being discussed calling guys soft is just hilarious to me. Also the overall thought that guys who don't play think a coach yelling at you and don't listen to you makes you tough is funny as well. 

Texas has this issue.  Some defensive coach just yelling and trying to be tough and berating players on the bus.  Team films him and mocks him.

ppl thinking screaming is being an alpha is just weird

• Like 1

So do we know if CBH is yelling and berating players ? Like is that the consensus ? Or is this just another spilt between the fanbase where some people think he is going all Bob Knight and others thinking the players are too soft to handle his Bob Knightness? I imagine the truth is in the middle

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Texas has this issue.  Some defensive coach just yelling and trying to be tough and berating players on the bus.  Team films him and mocks him.

ppl thinking screaming is being an alpha is just weird

Agree, it is often a sign of weakness. 

Just as the inability to listen to others and adjust is a sign of insecurity more than evidence of "big balls."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

So do we know if CBH is yelling and berating players ? Like is that the consensus ? Or is this just another spilt between the fanbase where some people think he is going all Bob Knight and others thinking the players are too soft to handle his Bob Knightness? I imagine the truth is in the middle

Depends on who you ask.

I'm telling you it's the movies. In fact you actually very rarely even find a guy who has problem with being coached. If there is ever a problem it's just about respect. You don't hear stories about coach k or Bruce Pearl....they do plenty of yelling, it's that there's no question to the players that he has my best interest in mind as well as his own and he doesn't disrespect me.

Guys know you have to work hard

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

Depends on who you ask.

Exactly. Usually if this is the case , it’s a consensus. We have seen a handful of coaches on the past , mainly basketball get fired for this. Most people aren’t going to sign up to get berated, no matter how strong or weak you may perceived to be. I just wish the season would get here so we can put all this to rest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly. Usually if this is the case , it’s a consensus. We have seen a handful of coaches on the past , mainly basketball get fired for this. Most people aren’t going to sign up to get berated, no matter how strong or weak you may perceived to be. I just wish the season would get here so we can put all this to rest 

Time will tell and winning cures all. I wouldn’t suspect that he would have the support of anyone on that team if it was as bad as some have made it out to be. All those guys cry, bleed, and sweat together. They have a bond with each other that few understand. I suspect that some of the things that were said by players were meant to be said amongst themselves. I don’t think they realized the storm that a few comments would cause when there were some sharks just looking for blood in the water. When you are teammates you talk about your coaches with each other. You get pissed, you get frustrated, you say things to each other but you would never let anyone outside of the family say those things about your coach. With a player’s ability to get on a live stream, all of a sudden everyone see’s things that they meant for each other. I am not saying this is the case for every player that spoke out but I do think it was the case with a few.

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

Think is ppl inferring what one side is determining as "tough love" or the players being soft.

So kinda yes

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Think is ppl inferring what one side is determining as "tough love" or the players being soft.

So kinda yes

Right . It’s two extremes being pushed when the answer has always been it is simply in the middle

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm telling you it's the movies. In fact you actually very rarely even find a guy who has problem with being coached. If there is ever a problem it's just about respect. You don't hear stories about coach k or Bruce Pearl....they do plenty of yelling, it's that there's no question to the players that he has my best interest in mind as well as his own and he doesn't disrespect me.

Guys know you have to work hard

OK, soft is probably not the right word in most of these instances, commitment and effort is the issue.  

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So kinda yes

I think it’s hilarious that someone would think any SEC football player is “soft” is hilarious. Undisciplined, immature, I can buy those, but I don’t buy soft.

• Like 4

I think this would be a good second step for Harsin in his second season (the first being getting Etheridge to stay).  He first needs to recruit his remaining players to stay.  That would go a long way with fans like me.

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

OK, soft is probably not the right word in most of these instances, commitment and effort is the issue.  

No it's not that either. You on the outside saying that is no different than me just making up something and saying something negative about you. 

Nobody can be mad or judge someone for not wanting to play for a coach. Way back when It's said that Ernie Davis grandfather asked his coach about how can he connect with his grand son. If his reply would have been I won't try. 

Ernie Davis wouldn't have been less tough, committed or any of that. In a market where you can find coaches who actually care about you there's nothing wrong for wanting that. That's literally what this school has been selling forever. This site is literally named from it. If you don't want to be that, that's fine, but I don't have to be part of your new vision

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wcware said:

Depends on who you ask.

Not trying to defend, but it's funny how this is now a complaint when during the season everyone on here wanted him to show more emotion on the sideline, lol. I'm sure he's more animated behind the scenes, but during the games he's really calm, maybe too calm, except for instances where he'd get pissed. Usually he'd scream but it was never overboard

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it's not that either. You on the outside saying that is no different than me just making up something and saying something negative about you. 

Nobody can be mad or judge someone for not wanting to play for a coach. Way back when It's said that Ernie Davis grandfather asked his coach about how can he connect with his grand son. If his reply would have been I won't try. 

Ernie Davis wouldn't have been less tough, committed or any of that. In a market where you can find coaches who actually care about you there's nothing wrong for wanting that. That's literally what this school has been selling forever. This site is literally named from it. If you don't want to be that, that's fine, but I don't have to be part of your new vision

that is fine, we are talking about two different things here. you are strictly talking about players that chose to leave

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not trying to defend, but it's funny how this is now a complaint when during the season everyone on here wanted him to show more emotion on the sideline, lol. I'm sure he's more animated behind the scenes, but during the games he's really calm, maybe too calm, except for instances where he'd get pissed. Usually he'd scream but it was never overboard

I don’t care if he twerks the whole game on the sideline as long as he wins.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

In a market where you can find coaches who actually care about you

This. We gotta chill with this assumption that Harsin's vision that we keep hearing about is so special that any given player should just put up with whatever. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, au302 said:

during the games he's really calm

I LOVE this about him. One of the reasons I was still telling people to be optimistic after the bowl game. 

• Like 1

The way I see it is it is like this : if the boosters and money guys are like our fanbase , it’s irrelevant if CBH adapts because the decision of him being our coach has been already made. I am not expecting some crazy uptake in recruiting, and why would it at this point ? It’s a shitshow circus here. If I was a decent recruit I wouldn’t commit either . The way I see it is simply CBH is going to have to win games with the guys who decided to stay and follow up with his plan for whatever reason. If these guys who went out their way to boast about CBH mean it as much as they say, then they will do the necessary work to produce this coming fall. You produce this coming fall and all of this stuff becomes momentarily irrelevant 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

The way I see it is it is like this : if the boosters and money guys are like our fanbase , it’s irrelevant if CBH adapts because the decision of him being our coach has been already made. I am not expecting some crazy uptake in recruiting, and why would it at this point ? It’s a shitshow circus here. If I was a decent recruit I wouldn’t commit either . The way I see it is simply CBH is going to have to win games with the guys who decided to stay and follow up with his plan for whatever reason. If these guys who went out their way to boast about CBH mean it as much as they say, then they will do the necessary work to produce this coming fall. You produce this coming fall and all of this stuff becomes momentarily irrelevant 

nailed it

• Like 1

Also I want to say I hate the idea of putting false equivalents on people . Soft , strong , etc. I don’t think you are a strong person because you are working 24 hours a day nor do I think you should be considered “soft” if you are like Ben Simmons and going through mental health stuff. Those are bad qualifiers. What I will say, there needs to be a question of professionalism from all sides across the board including CBH, Auburn leaders and the players. I think this whole thing lacked pure professionalism more than anything. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

that is fine, we are talking about two different things here. you are strictly talking about players that chose to leave

Yes I don't know any other conversation, I was just continuing the convo you originally quoted me earlier

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Right . It’s two extremes being pushed when the answer has always been it is simply in the middle

My old coach used to say if a coach isn't coaching you hard (yelling or whatever), then u should be worried as he might have given up on you. Alot of times to take coaching,  you have to listen to WHATS being said,  no necessarily HOW it's being said. All this is blown up and magnified cause of social media.. Its been going on for generations.  But now people can blast their displeasure for the whole world to see. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

My old coach used to say if a coach isn't coaching you hard (yelling or whatever), then u should be worried as he might have given up on you. Alot of times to take coaching,  you have to listen to WHATS being said,  no necessarily HOW it's being said. But I'm old school so this may not apply today.

Well yes, old adages have changed and for the better. Look at how we treat concussions and the way we police workout regiments. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well yes, old adages have changed and for the better. Look at how we treat concussions and the way we police workout regiments. 

Social media just airs the dirty laundry quicker and more effectively