Napier to Florida

Tony4AU

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Well, at least this lends credence to the reports that he was asking for more than we were willing to give.

Edited by AUwent

Louisiana Lafayette won the Sun Belt championship game today over Appalachian State 24-16. Napier's not going to coach the bowl game so he finishes 12-1 his last year at ULL. This is Lafayette's first 12 win season in school history.

Yep, glad it was more than 6 mill.  Lol

Proud of the Cajuns for getting the ship outright finally.  They usually have a weird split situation. 

My daughter got to run across Cajun field several years ago as part of halftime festivities.  Coincidentally it was against Boise led by Harsin.  That team was stacked, if only I'd known at the time of all the NFL corner pieces.  2016 team,  Alexander Mattison, Jeremy McNichols, Cedric Wilson all big contributers that game.  

They whipped the Cajuns in Lafayette, LA at high Noon.  Hottest game I recall attending.  Upper 90s and humid at game time. 

Edited by AUBwins

5 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep, glad it was more than 6 mill.  Lol

Proud of the Cajuns for getting the ship outright finally.  They usually have a weird split situation. 

My daughter got to run across Cajun field several years ago as part of halftime festivities.  Coincidentally it was against Boise led by Harsin.  That team was stacked, if only I'd known at the time of all the NFL corner pieces.  2016 team,  Alexander Mattison, Jeremy McNichols, Cedric Wilson all big contributers that game.  

They whipped the Cajuns in Lafayette, LA at high Noon.  Hottest game I recall attending.  Upper 90s and humid at game time. 

I still wish we had given him the 6 mil. But I have a grudging understanding for why we didn't.

Edited by AUwent

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well Napier is getting $7 million for asst coaches and $5 million for analysis to hire... supposedly

Well he clearly was going to ask for the moon to leave ULL. Can't blame him if they are giving it to him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Well he clearly was going to ask for the moon to leave ULL. Can't blame him if they are giving it to him. 

Good for him. Know your worth and don't settle. At least if he flames out, he'll be nicely compensated for his time. That's several generations worth of money.

• Like 1

Pretty interesting recruiting start for Napier at Florida: he is seemingly not contacting certain currently committed recruits and seems to want to "re-evaluate" the kids that stayed on after Mullen was fired. He has already lost commitments from 4 * QB Nick Evers, 4* WR Jayden Gibson, and 4* WR Chandler Smith - all kids that stuck with Florida.

Gibson is a Florida legacy and he was a target for us before he committed to Florida. We also offered and were recruiting the QB Evers. 

For those that deeply wanted Napier at Auburn, thoughts on this? 

3 hours ago, metafour said:

Pretty interesting recruiting start for Napier at Florida: he is seemingly not contacting certain currently committed recruits and seems to want to "re-evaluate" the kids that stayed on after Mullen was fired. He has already lost commitments from 4 * QB Nick Evers, 4* WR Jayden Gibson, and 4* WR Chandler Smith - all kids that stuck with Florida.

Gibson is a Florida legacy and he was a target for us before he committed to Florida. We also offered and were recruiting the QB Evers. 

For those that deeply wanted Napier at Auburn, thoughts on this? 

I was never an advocate for Napier, but that sounds kinda dumb this close to the early signing day.

• Like 2

"You guys are probably going to get frustrated with me. We're going to be very patient and calculated about everything that we do. And eventually we'll have the full group together and we'll go to work."

"I think it's important in recruiting that both sides understand each other and have had time to build relationships, to have conversations, to know who is going to coach you, to fully understand what the plan is," Napier said. "So I think it goes both ways in that regard. I think it's an injustice to them and it's an injustice to us to all of a sudden just hurry up and elope right here at the last second."

He also said that Florida likely wouldn't sign many players in the Early Signing Period, and that once the ESP ended he'd have more of a chance to get his full staff assembled and put together a more coordinated approach to recruiting leading into National Signing Day in February.

He said this is how it was going to be. He has his own method of doing stuff. Is it dumb? Who knows. It has been a couple of weeks. But this is no new revelation. I say give the dude some time lol.

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Put this guy on mute and tell me you don't see Nick Saban at the podium with those hand gestures.

Needs that Coke can sitting on the podium

• Haha 2

• 8 months later...
16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just for the record that's a 144 staff members to a 116 players. Those 144 staff members have a total of $5 million in salary. Unreal.....

Pretty anemic salaries.  There is a lot of doing without when breaking into the college game as a coach.

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Just for the record that's a 144 staff members to a 116 players

Is that normal?

How do we compare?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Pretty anemic salaries.  There is a lot of doing without when breaking into the college game as a coach.

A number of so called staffers are what they call student workers who get zero pay. Napier wanted them in the photo to make it look the way it does. Also the $5 mil is an increase of $1.55 mil from Mullen days. 

• Thanks 1