Joe Brady is Available

AUght2win

1 minute ago, CameronCrazy said:

Go convince Joe Brady that he’ll be an OC legend coaching college ball - instead of bouncing around every year in the NFL. Then pay him whatever he wants.

He’ll also be a HC much quicker in college.

He might wind up a good OC or HC. At this point it would be a huge risk and I don’t believe Harsin gambles like that.

He might have also found out that he isn't the next Sean McVay and needs to develop his own leadership/management skills before taking the next step.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah, definitely all of that was mostly because of Steve Freaking Ensminger. Makes no sense. This dude is a Tubberville and Les Miles, anti-offense veteran.

I hated the Tubberville [sic] era.  7 wins over Bama.   5 wins over UGA.   5 wins over LSU.    4 #1 draft picks in one year.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I hated the Tubberville [sic] era.  7 wins over Bama.   5 wins over UGA.   5 wins over LSU.    4 #1 draft picks in one year.   

And terrible offenses. 

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

By all means, calculate the average score of those games for us. (Also, one of those draft picks was on defense.)

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

By all means, calculate the average score of those games for us. (Also, one of those draft picks was on defense.)

Only needed to score 4 points to beat LSU in 2006!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Loof I may have missed sarcasm/no yellow font and all....   But on average, we scored one or more points than the other team.   Isn't that all that really matters? 

A2W, we led the conference in offense in 04 and 05.   Granted, we were middle of the pack in the other years.

On 12/5/2021 at 12:45 PM, boisnumber1 said:

Better name than the ones I've seen. Although I am still not sure how good he is. Burrow has to get credit for making him look like a genius at least somewhat. But I think he would boost recruiting on the offensive side.

Go back and look at LSU’s passing plays that year. Heck even Saben couldn’t slow them down. I was impressed with that passing offense that year. 

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

He might wind up a good OC or HC. At this point it would be a huge risk and I don’t believe Harsin gambles like that.

I can bet the house if Harsin could get Brady today he would jump on it. If Brady chose not to come to AU it would be his decision not Harsin. Brady is easily the top OC on the market at this moment. 

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Go back and look at LSU’s passing plays that year. Heck even Saben couldn’t slow them down. I was impressed with that passing offense that year. 

Even LSU did not let Brady call plays.

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Loof I may have missed sarcasm/no yellow font and all....   But on average, we scored one or more points than the other team.   Isn't that all that really matters? 

A2W, we led the conference in offense in 04 and 05.   Granted, we were middle of the pack in the other years.

What you were responding to was strictly about offense. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What you were responding to was strictly about offense. 

Sorry no.   I was simply pointing out that under Tubs we won a lot of rival matchups.  I don't care if our offense is great or our defense is great.  I just want to score 1 more point than who we are playing.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Sorry no.   I was simply pointing out that under Tubs we won a lot of rival matchups.  I don't care if our offense is great or our defense is great.  I just want to score 1 more point than who we are playing.

That's fine but yes you were responding to a comment that was strictly about offense.

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Umm, are you serious?! He was literally the main reason that LSU won the National Championship in 2019. He completely revolutionized their offense. 

43 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Umm, are you serious?! He was literally the main reason that LSU won the National Championship in 2019. He completely revolutionized their offense. 

He was mainly responsible for their passing game, I believe. He didn’t ever call plays. He just got fired from his only OC job. That’s the reason it is a big risk IMO.

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Actually only needed to avoid the turf monster lol

Requisite boilerplate question: "Yeah, but can he recruit?" 🤣

His college offense resume is terribly short, but the Broyles Award does stand out. However, can we trust anything from the 2019 LSU team?

Edited by JTFazz
  • Thanks 1

I am just not seeing why so many are so enamored with Brady. I just don't see the track record to warrant it. Matt Rhule fired him and is having to defend hiring him in the first place.

From ESPN's David Newton: [Rhule] made it clear there were no regrets in his 2020 decision to hire Brady, who at the time was a 30-year-old passing game coordinator for national champion LSU with no experience calling plays in the NFL or at any other level.

So, please help me understand why there is so much excitement around Brady.

3 minutes ago, JTFazz said:

I am just not seeing why so many are so enamored with Brady. I just don't see the track record to warrant it. Matt Rhule fired him and is having to defend hiring him in the first place.

From ESPN's David Newton: [Rhule] made it clear there were no regrets in his 2020 decision to hire Brady, who at the time was a 30-year-old passing game coordinator for national champion LSU with no experience calling plays in the NFL or at any other level.

So, please help me understand why there is so much excitement around Brady.

Because he finally broke through the mold of LSU pitiful passing game to the tune of a NC and a heisman winner. Now the crutch is how much was it him, how much was it the players or was it a little bit of both?! It could be high risk, high reward. It’s not a realistic option obviously he look at who we are talking about in OC thread

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Because he finally broke through the mold of LSU pitiful passing game to the tune of a NC and a heisman winner. Now the crutch is how much was it him, how much was it the players or was it a little bit of both?! It could be high risk, high reward. It’s not a realistic option obviously he look at who we are talking about in OC thread

Thanks, DAG.

On 12/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, Hank2020 said:

A lot of former Panthers fans realize that Joe Brady really isn't TOO good of an OC. He was good for introducing and creating new passing concepts for LSU during their transitions but he doesn't do good as an OC. His insistence on not running the ball and being a Diet McDaniels minus the run game destroyed a lot of the goodwill he had built.

Allegedly Auburn has at least kicked the tires on Joe Brady. Ultimately I tend to agree with most of the talking heads who think Brady isn't the right fit for Harsin's program.

On 12/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, woodford said:

I was at that game. That was man ball for sure. One of the most physical games I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1