Joe Brady is Available

AUght2win

20 hours ago, JTFazz said:

So, please help me understand why there is so much excitement around Brady.

Because of one year of success at LSU. Success with a Heisman QB, several 5 star receivers, and a future NFL running back. Fewer people these days look at someone’s whole body of work or apply context to it. IMHO

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Because of one year of success at LSU. Success with a Heisman QB, several 5 star receivers, and a future NFL running back. Fewer people these days look at someone’s whole body of work or apply context to it. IMHO

Probably more about the splash than the body of work now.

• Like 2

Just name me someone better that is attainable, and then we can talk??

Those first round receivers weren’t first rounders before Brady got there.   Have y’all seen the pass catching drills they had to do daily?  Burrow had 200/1 odds for heisman before the Texas game. Then ppl in this thread are criticizing him becuase his title was Passing game  coordinator??  Come on, y’all know how it works in college football. It’s a title used to get guys like Brady more money. So they will even entertain leaving their current position, and they keep current guy from taking a pay cut. Think D. Craig leaving FSU. He was named Co-OC at AU. Seriously, you will not convince me that Ensmeyer was responsible for that offense at LSU. Or that he had much to do with the improvement of those WR or the QB. 

Granted, I could be wrong and he could be a bust, but I’m just amazed that anyone would think it wouldn’t be worth the risk.  Worst case our WR’s develop better hands and our QB improves.  I’d take that risk 10 out of 10 times!!  And that’s not even counting the reward this “unproven play caller, splash hire” might bring!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Just name me someone better that is attainable, and then we can talk??

Those first round receivers weren’t first rounders before Brady got there.   Have y’all seen the pass catching drills they had to do daily?  Burrow had 200/1 odds for heisman before the Texas game. Then ppl in this thread are criticizing him becuase his title was Passing game  coordinator??  Come on, y’all know how it works in college football. It’s a title used to get guys like Brady more money. So they will even entertain leaving their current position, and they keep current guy from taking a pay cut. Think D. Craig leaving FSU. He was named Co-OC at AU. Seriously, you will not convince me that Ensmeyer was responsible for that offense at LSU. Or that he had much to do with the improvement of those WR or the QB. 

Granted, I could be wrong and he could be a bust, but I’m just amazed that anyone would think it wouldn’t be worth the risk.  Worst case our WR’s develop better hands and our QB improves.  I’d take that risk 10 out of 10 times!!  And that’s not even counting the reward this “unproven play caller, splash hire” might bring!!

It would surprise me if he would be willing to come. He took a pay cut I believe to leave LSU and is probably still being paid by Panthers. He probably believes he will be picked up by a NFL team.

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It would surprise me if he would be willing to come. He took a pay cut I believe to leave LSU and is probably still being paid by Panthers. He probably believes he will be picked up by a NFL team.

Unless he doesn't want to be an OC he won't remain in the NFL. You don't have a resume as small as his, with getting canned a year and a half into your first gig, and get a lateral gig. He might get an NFL WR or QB coach job, but if he wants to be an OC he'll have to return to college. 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Unless he doesn't want to be an OC he won't remain in the NFL. You don't have a resume as small as his, with getting canned a year and a half into your first gig, and get a lateral gig. He might get an NFL WR or QB coach job, but if he wants to be an OC he'll have to return to college. 

I think that is probably correct on OC but I would see him getting a job on the offensive side somewhere with the money from panthers carting him for another 2 years to build himself back up. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back at Saints in some capacity.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 1:03 PM, JTFazz said:

I am just not seeing why so many are so enamored with Brady. I just don't see the track record to warrant it. Matt Rhule fired him and is having to defend hiring him in the first place.

From ESPN's David Newton: [Rhule] made it clear there were no regrets in his 2020 decision to hire Brady, who at the time was a 30-year-old passing game coordinator for national champion LSU with no experience calling plays in the NFL or at any other level.

So, please help me understand why there is so much excitement around Brady.

Yeah I’m sure Steve Ensminger was dialing up the plays at LSU when they won the National Title. He is a 3 yard and cloud of dust coach (nothing wrong with that) but he all the sudden changes to pass heavy. That’s why LSU demoted him, and Brady was given an NFL OC job…

Brady was the difference that got LSU the national title. There is no doubt the team was extremely talented but with just Ensminger and no Brady it is almost certain that talent isn’t fully utilized and LSU doesn’t win a NT. 

Now think, we have a run heavy head coach… what would sprinkling in a sophisticated passing game add ….? 

• Thanks 1