Joe Brady is Available

AUght2win

Facts about Brady.   Brady played WR at William and Mary from 2009-2012 where he had 3 career catches for 34 yards.  Brady has a total of just 6.5 years of coaching experience (2 of which were on defense) and 2 years as a GA.   In 2013-14 he was a linebackers coach at William and Mary.   In 2015-16 he was a GA at Penn State.   In 17-18 he was an offensive assistant at the Saints.   This was the lowest position on the Saints' staff behind Ass't HC/tight ends, OC, QB coach, WR coach, RB coach, OL coach and senior offensive assistant. In 2019 he was passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU.  Ensminger (a coach with 37 years experience) was the OC and QB coach.   In 2020-mid-season 2021 he was OC at the Panthers which is the only time in his career he has implemented game plans and called plays.   His performance was deemed unsatisfactory by his superiors.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Facts about Brady.   Brady played WR at William and Mary from 2009-2012 where he had 3 career catches for 34 yards.  Brady has a total of just 6.5 years of coaching experience (2 of which were on defense) and 2 years as a GA.   In 2013-14 he was a linebackers coach at William and Mary.   In 2015-16 he was a GA at Penn State.   In 17-18 he was an offensive assistant at the Saints.   This was the lowest position on the Saints' staff behind Ass't HC/tight ends, OC, QB coach, WR coach, RB coach, OL coach and senior offensive assistant. In 2019 he was passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU.  Ensminger (a coach with 37 years experience) was the OC and QB coach.   In 2020-mid-season 2021 he was OC at the Panthers which is the only time in his career he has implemented game plans and called plays.   His performance was deemed unsatisfactory by his superiors.

LSU offense looked really good with Ensminger outside of Brady’s year! I’d definitely credit him more. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

??? Why 

For one he’s over hyped and honestly rode on the coat tails of LSU magical seasons with arguably one of the best rosters they’ve ever had. 2nd is if he does come back to the college ranks he will be a one and done IF he has any type of success.

50 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Maybe this is what the hold up has been all along.. Hope Green is interviewing him now..

He was fired at noon today. I don't know how it could possibly have held up anything. 

52 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

In 2019 he was passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach at LSU.  Ensminger (a coach with 37 years experience) was the OC and QB coach.   

You just played yourself, my man. That proves Brady's worth. Ensminger is a wildly mediocre position coach who's been hanging around on run first, pro-style teams for millenia. But all the sudden he institutes the greatest passing attack in college football history? Are we really trying to make this case?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

LSU offense looked really good with Ensminger outside of Brady’s year! I’d definitely credit him more. 

In 2018, LSU averaged 32 pts per game.  In 2019, they got much better, no doubt, they averaged 48 points per game.   2018, without Brady, wasn't bad -- 7th in the SEC.   2019, with Brady, was great -- 1st in SEC.   Was 2019 because of Brady or because Burrow literally doubled his production from 2018.   Did Burrow double his production because of Brady, because of Ensminger, because he was a year older and a year more experienced or because of some combination of these?   I suspect the answer is the later.  His position coach and the guy that actually called the plays had 37 years of experience as a coach. I'm not saying Brady is or is not the answer.   I'm simply pointing out facts.   Let's assume Brady is the sole reason LSU went from 7th to 1st in one year.    Does that one year justify handing him the keys to AU's offense in your opinion?   Does the fact that Carolina fired him mid-year after just 1 plus years in the role not concern you?    

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

For one he’s over hyped and honestly rode on the coat tails of LSU magical seasons with arguably one of the best rosters they’ve ever had. 2nd is if he does come back to the college ranks he will be a one and done IF he has any type of success.

I mean they’ve had comparably talented offensive rosters to that one and never got close to that. Burrow was a big factor definitely. 

5 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

In 2018, LSU averaged 32 pts per game.  In 2019, they got much better, no doubt, they averaged 48 points per game.   2018, without Brady, wasn't bad -- 7th in the SEC.   2019, with Brady, was great -- 1st in SEC.   Was 2019 because of Brady or because Burrow literally doubled his production from 2018.   Did Burrow double his production because of Brady, because of Ensminger, because he was a year older and a year more experienced or because of some combination of these?   I suspect the answer is the later.  His position coach and the guy that actually called the plays had 37 years of experience as a coach. I'm not saying Brady is or is not the answer.   I'm simply pointing out facts.   Let's assume Brady is the sole reason LSU went from 7th to 1st in one year.    Does that one year justify handing him the keys to AU's offense in your opinion?   Does the fact that Carolina fired him mid-year after just 1 plus years in the role not concern you?    

Carolina’s front office is a cluster **** and a delusional atrocity. I still have quite a few loyal Panthers friends that predated the Cam tenure, they hate Rhule so far and the blatant desperation of Tepper. Rhule wanted Brady to run 30+ times a game with one of the worst OLs in football. he’s been tasked with getting a Saints-esque offense going with Bridgewater (it was respectable), Darnold (one of the worst QBs of the past few seasons), and PJ Walker, who partially is even in the league because he played for Rhule 3-4 years ago. Which I’m not mad at doing your boy a favor, but that shouldn’t be your lead backup. 

His passing acumen and route design hasn’t been the problem 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You just played yourself, my man. That proves Brady's worth. Ensminger is a wildly mediocre position coach who's been hanging around on run first, pro-style teams for millenia. But all the sudden he institutes the greatest passing attack in college football history? Are we really trying to make this case?

There is no doubt that Brady's passing concepts greatly contributed to LSU's success in 2019.   No doubt.   But, the "wildly mediocre position" coach created the game plans, implemented those concepts in the game plan and then actually called the plays on game day.   It also helped, as JM11 noted, the TEAM had 14 players drafted that year including 60% of the offensive line.   It also helped that Chase and Marshall went from being middling freshman to being dominant Sophs with Chase leading the SEC.  Also helpful was that mediocre run first coach's RB1 rushing for 1414 yards, just 50 yards behind leading the SEC.  So yeah, you are correct, give Brady all the credit.  Heck, Bama should fire Saban now and hire Brady.

47 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

There is no doubt that Brady's passing concepts greatly contributed to LSU's success in 2019.   No doubt.   But, the "wildly mediocre position" coach created the game plans, implemented those concepts in the game plan and then actually called the plays on game day.   It also helped, as JM11 noted, the TEAM had 14 players drafted that year including 60% of the offensive line.   It also helped that Chase and Marshall went from being middling freshman to being dominant Sophs with Chase leading the SEC.  Also helpful was that mediocre run first coach's RB1 rushing for 1414 yards, just 50 yards behind leading the SEC.  So yeah, you are correct, give Brady all the credit.  Heck, Bama should fire Saban now and hire Brady.

Yeah, definitely all of that was mostly because of Steve Freaking Ensminger. Makes no sense. This dude is a Tubberville and Les Miles, anti-offense veteran.

• Like 1

I thought he didn’t want to play in college because he hated recruiting? 

We don’t have Burrows, Jefferson, Chase, and CEH on our roster to give him what he needs to succeed lol. 

IMO: He’s a great name, bad fit currently with us. 

36 minutes ago, Taco said:

I thought he didn’t want to play in college because he hated recruiting? 

We don’t have Burrows, Jefferson, Chase, and CEH on our roster to give him what he needs to succeed lol. 

IMO: He’s a great name, bad fit currently with us. 

What he didn’t want with an NFL job may be much different than what he wants with no job. Obviously he originally went to LSU.

Whether you think he's amazing and will leave after a year or think he sucks, I'd be willing to roll the dice and figure out. 

Hell, I'd even send him out to whoever he thinks is the top portal QB and WR and tell them we are about to go 2019 LSU on the conference. 

If we come up short and win 9 games, we are better than we were. 

• Like 1

My goodness, this a chance to save our search lol Just laying out there. 

Brady would be the answer for our needs right now. I couldn't care less if he is a sucka$$ play caller or not. Our first step towards success is drawing in an excellent QB from the portal that can play this year and grab some Receivers that are difference makers. After we establish that part of our game we can move towards getting a better playcaller if he doesnt work out. Lets think of building in steps if we cant build a championship caliber team in one offseason.

Go convince Joe Brady that he’ll be an OC legend coaching college ball - instead of bouncing around every year in the NFL. Then pay him whatever he wants.

He’ll also be a HC much quicker in college.

Edited by CameronCrazy