Times are changing

LPTiger

8 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Loeffler had a solid resume before coming to AU.  I also don’t really think the blame of 2012 can be placed on Loeffler….the locker room was a mess, the head coach had lost this team, and he tried to plug Loeffler’s system in with Malzhan’s players which was a very bad fit.  

And Loeffler is a head coach now....there must be something about him that impresses the CFB world?

15 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

And Loeffler is a head coach now....there must be something about him that impresses the CFB world?

The "Peter Principle" at work.  Plus other than QB coach a Michigan, never stay longer than 2-3 years at one job.

1996–1997 Michigan (SA)
1998–1999 Michigan (GA)
2000–2001 Central Michigan (QB)
2002–2007 Michigan (QB)
2008 Detroit Lions (QB)
2009–2010 Florida (QB)
2011 Temple (OC/QB)
2012 Auburn (OC/QB)
2013–2015 Virginia Tech (OC/QB)
2016–2018 Boston College (OC/QB)
2019–present Bowling Green
Head coaching record
Overall 7–22
Edited by oracle79

9 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Your username says all we need to know. Just a troll. Probably have your bammer walmart shirt on and making out with your sister when you typed this.

geeze dude....

I'm gonna take a random guess you are a ..... fan of the OC hire?

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

The "Peter Principle" at work.  Plus other than QB coach a Michigan, never stay longer than 2-3 years at one job.

That is not really unusual for assistant coaches.

On 12/18/2021 at 5:54 PM, CHICAGO aUBIE said:

First a professionally orchestrated signing day and now a coaching hire presented with the same conscientious attention to detail. This is a new Auburn communication attitude and one needed for awhile.

Care to give examples of when NSD was not "professionally orchestrated."???

40 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

1996–1997 Michigan (SA)
1998–1999 Michigan (GA)
2000–2001 Central Michigan (QB)
2002–2007 Michigan (QB)
2008 Detroit Lions (QB)
2009–2010 Florida (QB)
2011 Temple (OC/QB)
2012 Auburn (OC/QB)
2013–2015 Virginia Tech (OC/QB)
2016–2018 Boston College (OC/QB)
2019–present Bowling Green
Head coaching record
Overall 7–22

A coach killer until he became a coach himself.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:04 AM, augolf1716 said:

Thread reminds me of Buddy I've mentioned it before but Buddy could play OT for Auburn. He also gives one hell of a concert

Man, that song brings back memories.:party:

Edited by milehighfan
  • Love 1

On 12/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, AU9377 said:

Care to give examples of when NSD was not "professionally orchestrated."???

The last decade...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

The last decade...

In what way exactly?  I understand that it is just easy to take shots and yeah, that is funny, but not placing emphasis on a position group or something along those lines is not the same conversation.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

56 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

In what way exactly?  I understand that it is just easy to take shots and yeah, that is funny, but not placing emphasis on a position group or something along those lines is not the same conversation.

What I remember about recent past signing day is filming a room with coaches coming and going and every once in a while an uproar taking place when a fax comes in.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

In what way exactly?  I understand that it is just easy to take shots and yeah, that is funny, but not placing emphasis on a position group or something along those lines is not the same conversation

I'm not trying to be ugly, but if you need someone to point out the differences between this last NSD and the purposefulness on display compared to the decade of the "fax cam", then, IMO, you really aren't trying to find them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not trying to be ugly, but if you need someone to point out the differences between this last NSD and the purposefulness on display compared to the decade of the "fax cam", then, IMO, you really aren't trying to find them.

The NFL draft theme on Twitter was brilliant. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

The NFL draft theme on Twitter was brilliant. 

And caught the attention off a lot of recruits

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And caught the attention off a lot of recruits

When you do something that no one else is doing...it is the definition of unique.  I loved the way it was handled and presented...and it looks like the recruits felt the same way.

• Like 2

I love it when someone on here asks a question expecting that the other person will not be able to give a valid answer, thinking that they will "win" the debate because of it.  And then the person gives the "asker" a perfectly valid answer with evidence cited and numerous people agree with and like the answer showing support. 

The best part is the crickets you hear when the person posing the question miraculously fails to respond after having been given the answer to their assumed unanswerable question.

Like y'all there are some very very smart people on this board and if they are asserting a stance one way or another its normally because there is evidence supporting their stance or testimony of other very smart people that have already written/spoken on the issue at length.  If you aren't sure what group you fall into then read up on the Dunning-Kruger effect and then reevaluate.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The question was a serious one.  I wasn't certain that you were talking about the video board behind Harsin at the presser or more than that.  I still don't know what you mean by purposefulness, but I will play along. I will try to act more like a teenage girl and get all giddy about things that mean very little.  That is what boards are turning into it seems.

48 minutes ago, Didba said:

I love it when someone on here asks a question expecting that the other person will not be able to give a valid answer, thinking that they will "win" the debate because of it.  And then the person gives the "asker" a perfectly valid answer with evidence cited and numerous people agree with and like the answer showing support. 

The best part is the crickets you hear when the person posing the question miraculously fails to respond after having been given the answer to their assumed unanswerable question.

Like y'all there are some very very smart people on this board and if they are asserting a stance one way or another its normally because there is evidence supporting their stance or testimony of other very smart people that have already written/spoken on the issue at length.  If you aren't sure what group you fall into then read up on the Dunning-Kruger effect and then reevaluate.

I you are referring to me, I can assure you that I don't need group think in order to form an opinion.  To do so would be the ultimate sign of a lack of intelligence, as opposed to the proposition you put forth above.  For the love of God, this is a message board.  If you are seeking to conclude meaning from every post, you have too much time on your hands.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I you are referring to me, I can assure you that I don't need group think in order to form an opinion.  To do so would be the ultimate sign of a lack of intelligence, as opposed to the proposition you put forth above.  For the love of God, this is a message board.  If you are seeking to conclude meaning from every post, you have too much time on your hands.

So true!! If anyone thinks there is inferred meaning in any of our posts, your just kidding yourselves. Most of the time I don’t even understand what I mean.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Most of the time I don’t even understand what I mean.

That makes two of us...

:poke:

• Haha 3

On 12/20/2021 at 4:17 PM, LPTiger said:

Hars teaches people over player,

Calm down all u AU haters,

He inherited quite a mess,

So some are being processed,

In the end we all shall see,

Number 1 in the country.

Don't give up your day job while trying to be a poet😀

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

LMAO, someone read 1984 and animal farm once and didn't look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1