New QB Robby Ashford

Tony4AU

I'll admit I kind of hoped Calzada was the security blanket and we'd swing for the fences at QB for the next little while.

But that's more of a fan perspective and probably not the best way to build a roster. I trust Harsin as a QB evaluator and, for all I know, Ashford could be great. War eagle and welcome, Robby!

• Like 1

No stats to go off here, boys! Nor any film!

• Haha 1

FWIW, his first game as a HS starter was a woodshed beating of a Bo Nix-led Pinson Valley team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

FWIW, his first game as a HS starter was a woodshed beating of a Bo Nix-led Pinson Valley team. 

You love to see it

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised we are investing any iota of energy in further securing qb's w four already on the roster. Do most teams carry 5?  I'm happy for another one and he appears to be a formidable acquisition but my god, immediately deploy all assets and resources towards wr's and and o-line immediately.

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi
  • Like 1

My worries at QB are now put to rest. Sincerely. We didn't get Caleb Williams or Slovis. But we now have:

- A former LSU starting QB, a former TAMU starting QB, an ex-Oregon QB, a heralded 4 star Redshirt Freshman and an Under Armour AA HS signee.

At least one of those guys, ONE, will emerge from that room as a good quarterback. There's too much talent to strike out on all of them.

Conversely, if by fall we don't have at least one solid quarterback ready to go it means this staff just flat can't coach and it's alarm-bell time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’d say we are in good shape, because Harsin is getting all his ducks in a row. 😁

:rimshot:

Well played my friend! Well played! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I'm honestly surprised we are investing any iota of energy in further securing qb's w four already on the roster. Do most teams carry 5?  I'm happy for another one and he appears to be a formidable acquisition but my god, immediately deploy all assets and resources towards wr's and and o-line immediately.

At least one QB will transfer out over the summer cough DD cough

• Like 4

So it looks as after all these gyrations at the QB position, that we are no better off at the position for next year and based off the stats of last year, we could be worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

7 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’d say we are in good shape, because Harsin is getting all his ducks in a row. 😁

:rimshot:

This was worth logging in for just to give a thumbs up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

So it looks as after all these gyrations at the QB position, that we are no better off at the position for next year and based off the stats of last year, we could be worse. 

image.gif.adf31bfd3ee32dd0ac10c3089ca7d073.gif

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I like the pick up but seriously, we need help at WR and OL so bad. I’m sure the staff has a plan for us inpatient fans. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Man I miss not having him in OKC.

I miss the good Celtics. Love JT, JB, and Pritchard is a good piece but….😿