Just a Rumor

Draven

I've been hearing rumors that Auburn is in talks about getting a home and home series started with Michigan for 2006 and 2007 or 2007 and 2008. The first game will be played in Ann Arbor and then Michigan will come to the Plains sometime in 2007- 08. Like I said it’s just a rumor, but in a way I would like to see it and in a way I wouldn't. I went to the 01' bowl game and the fans I had the displeasure of running into were being just plan obnoxious with a few making comments toward families with small children so in that I would not like seeing these Michigan :moon: clowns on the plains screwing up a very family friendly atmosphere but I would more than love to see our tigers punch one of the media darlings in the mouth on the field. So that being said has anyone else heard this rumor or is it just me?

I went to the Auburn-Penn State Bowl game in Orlando a couple of years back and I thought the Penn State fans were very nice. Not what I expected from Yankees but then again we should all wait untill we actually meet someone before we judge them.

A series with Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State would be pretty neet.

We need a tough out of conference opponent like Michigan on the schedule. It would be a nice change. Family-atmospher aside, that would be some great football.

Tailgating on the golf course across the street from the Big House would be a blast! Very cool place. :thumbsup:

I went to both mich and psu bowls. Neither fans were that bad from what I saw. Michigan fans were a little ruder and cockier in general. Neither considered us worthy competition until after the game was over.

Yeah Penn State fans were very nice to be around and dont get me wrong I am not saying all mich. fans are rude just that I saw a ton of rude fans while I was at the bowl game. But it would be nice to get a series with them, or some of the others you guys have mentioned.

I went to the Auburn-Penn State Bowl game in Orlando a couple of years back and I thought the Penn State fans were very nice.  Not what I expected from Yankees but then again we should all wait untill we actually meet someone before we judge them.

169094[/snapback]

I've always thought Joe Paterno ran one of the cleaner, classier programs, so maybe that is reflected in the PSU fans as well.

I have heard that the rumor is just a rumor.... (REALLY)

:)

:au::homer:

Whether anything materializes with Michigan or not remains to be seen, but it is a fact that there have been conversations between the two ADs.

The biggest surprise for me is last years game @ TN. Fans were nice but could have been because we beat them down.

Guest Tigrinum Major
The biggest surprise for me is last years game @ TN. Fans were nice but could have been because we beat them down.

169157[/snapback]

UT fans disappear after a loss. UGA fans get mean and nasty. Bama fans stay the same...ya gotta give it to them for being consistent!

169157[/snapback]

UT fans disappear after a loss. UGA fans get mean and nasty. Bama fans stay the same...ya gotta give it to them for being consistent!

169163[/snapback]

You're going to get accused of making things up.

Guest Tigrinum Major

169157[/snapback]

169163[/snapback]

169192[/snapback]

Those are general stereotypes. Obviously, these are not hard and fast rules.

By the way, only men and ugly women get speeding tickets.

169157[/snapback]

169163[/snapback]

169192[/snapback]

Those are general stereotypes. Obviously, these are not hard and fast rules.

By the way, only men and ugly women get speeding tickets.

169200[/snapback]

LOL :roflol:

Archived