Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It's wild. He went to possible COY candidate to "is he going to survive 2 years?"

We were on our way to atlanta at one point. Haha 

I am going to think positive. Maybe we will hire someone amazing to take his place. Someone who can recruit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well I thought the same about Offensive linemen too...I am hoping this is not going to be Chad Morris 2.0 but if it is, it is honestly Auburn's own fault. Basketball didn't play it safe and we see how it is now..Everybody outside of auburn hates CBP but do we care? NO! 

If only one could’ve posted this about 6 months ago without being patronized! 

If only!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

I said it once and I'll say it again: we as Auburn fans should really pray that the Harsin hire doesn't end in calamity because with Brian Kelly in the SEC, we're pretty much guaranteed to run into 3 of the 5 best programs in the nation (with all 3 having 3 of the 5 best coaches as well) on a yearly basis. You could very well pencil-in those three games as losses, and that's not even accounting for the inclusion of Texas and Oklahoma into the conference in '25. We could be in for some ugly years.

We were already heading that way before Harsin even stepped foot on campus. We were surrounded by teams that were playing for national championships. Our rivals are head and shoulders better than us. LSU won a championship two years ago. Texas A&M has been recruiting lights out for years and is now starting to show. Kiffen was an upgrade at Ole Mrs. the pirate was an upgrade at Mrs ST. 

We fired Gus because we were already in deep trouble and heading to a decline. 
But yes it does appear that he was a very bad hire and that our bad situation now is worse.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Kiffen was an upgrade at Ole Mrs. the pirate was an upgrade at Mrs ST. 

If those programs can upgrade, so can we.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

I was hoping (and still am) that Harsin succeeds. Just a weird, weird off-season. And all other Auburn Athletics are doing so good which makes this even worse. If he left for an NFL OC job then I can see it but any other reason is a poor reflection on Harsin. Wow. What a turn. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

We were already heading that way before Harsin even stepped foot on campus. We were surrounded by teams that were playing for national championships. Our rivals are head and shoulders better than us. LSU won a championship two years ago. Texas A&M has been recruiting lights out for years and is now starting to show. Kiffen was an upgrade at Ole Mrs. the pirate was an upgrade at Mrs ST. 

We fired Gus because we were already in deep trouble and heading to a decline. 
But yes it does appear that he was a very bad hire and that our bad situation now is worse.

This.

Harsin didn’t create this downfall. Auburn created this downfall with Gus’s extension in 2017. We could have made a big coaching move if Gus would have been let go in 2016 when he should have. 

Auburn is the problem, not the coach. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 3

Goodness what a clusterfrick. Hoping we somehow stumble out of it but no painting this. Preparing for Kiesau promotion and Bodie Reeder to QB coach. Hoping for a stud recruiter at this point but not how this staff rolls 

12 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Auburn is the problem, not the coach. 

I started a thread about this the night of the national championship game. I said this exact thing. It did not go well. 
We did this to ourselves.

I am going to try to remain positive and hope that Harsin has a miracle season next year… And that he signs five high school all American OTs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hikerdns said:

Just a part of the “great resignation”

probably was told it was office only work….no hybrid options. Major deal breaker these days. 😉

Almost got me with this one. I was about to retort, then it hit me that this was obvious sarcasm.

59 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

I'm really against yelling 'FIRE' over rumors and message board stuff, but.... it's just getting very smoky in here - please someone get me my inhaler.

Sorry that's that just me, I'll stop hotboxin the thread

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

I said it once and I'll say it again: we as Auburn fans should really pray that the Harsin hire doesn't end in calamity because with Brian Kelly in the SEC, we're pretty much guaranteed to run into 3 of the 5 best programs in the nation (with all 3 having 3 of the 5 best coaches as well) on a yearly basis. You could very well pencil-in those three games as losses, and that's not even accounting for the inclusion of Texas and Oklahoma into the conference in '25. We could be in for some ugly years.

Same conclusion I had came to while watching that 4th quarter IB. This guy hasn’t been awe inspiring but the entire conference is trending up except maybe an OM (they’re pretty much at their peak) or a Vandy. And negative recruiting has to be even worse now with the departures, the very vocal transfers in their disdain, I dunno. It’s either gonna take a home run swing or an admission of failure in the next 2-3 seasons. I think the former is honestly statistically more likely to result in success than the latter, knowing how insulated our administration will become after ADAG inevitably leaves.

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There is a certain group of our fanbase who refuse to live in reality 

In fairness some of us try really hard to stay positive but even I, the great PositrAUn, am befuddled and confused by this.  I won't necessarily say oh here we go this is obviously all Harsin's fault. but I will say it is very, very strange.

• Like 2

I hope he got an NFL OC job somewhere. Only thing that could bring solace.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

All I can do is laugh. It's a comical disaster. Everything encompassing the entire program.  I reckon it will be easier on the soul with no expectations of success. 

I once thought give Harsin time. Now I think more and more that his time will end soon. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

In fairness some of us try really hard to stay positive but even I, the great PositrAUn, am befuddled and confused by this.  I won't necessarily say oh here we go this is obviously all Harsin's fault. but I will say it is very, very strange.

I am with you. I will still keep my voice of reason skrong, but I am anxious to find out how this plays out. I will admit, not a good look at all.

giphy.gif

39 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Comparison is terrible, and I’ll admit I’m being mildly hypocritical, but our offensive analysts vs UGA or UA’s OAs speaks volumes about the gap in programs fundamentally. 
Success allows you to make some of the swing hires that those two do, but it just leaves a sour taste when I see us not even hire at the same caliber of football as those dogs. What’s the point of having similar profits?

There is no excuse for us to be behind the Mississippi schools as a football program. Those programs went out and made good hires. So can and (should) we. 

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Ugh... this is a bad look.

One last thing, for all we know this truly could be something going on with Davis. Divorce, death in the family, illness, etc.  Though if it was something like that you'd have expected Auburn PR to get out in front of it, like asking for the Davis's family's privacy or something.