New AD

Butthead

13 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

On question 2, made unilateral 10% cuts in athletic program spending which forced at least a few instances of subpar travel accommodations. Rumor is this was used against us on the recruiting trail.

This was done at a time when the AD budget was increasing to record levels.

I also thought he dragged his feet on the FOF until Gus went to someone higher to complain?

and as far as the next AD? 

to bring in a GOB TJ I’d to me an extension of JJ. Why would we do that? 

I want a man/woman who is creative, progressive and understands NIL too. 

what ever happened to the AU alumnus who used to be the CIO of the NFL? I thought she was a strong candidate previously?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I also thought he dragged his feet on the FOF until Gus went to someone higher to complain?

and as far as the next AD? 

to bring in a GOB TJ I’d to me an extension of JJ. Why would we do that? 

I want a man/woman who is creative, progressive and understands NIL too. 

what ever happened to the AU alumnus who used to be the CIO of the NFL? I thought she was a strong candidate previously?

Look above on page one

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Look above on page one

I just did. It gave me a headache. all over the place. 

I did see a nice pic of the EX NFL CIO. 

Last. If it’s TJ it will mean we don’t want to progress. 

we need a outside dog to come in. AG just didn’t have enough vision or big time conference experience. 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 12:38 AM, RunInRed said:

TJ and Rich are the names to watch with TJ being the heir apparent if we go internal.

🤮

Not sure why we uniquely do this to ourselves. I'd like to give Roberts the benefit of the doubt, as I think he was an excellent choice for Prez.

Edited by AUwent

20 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Making TJ as our AD would be rewarding the biggest continuous problem in our Ath. Dept. through several HCs

I just don't get why we seem so uniquely incapable of fixing our problems in football compared with almost the entire rest of the SEC.

• Like 2

More than ever before the AD needs to be a marketer of the programs and someone who can master the NIL landscape. Personally I would go throw a bunch of money to someone working for the NFL. 

14 hours ago, autiger88 said:

That's not the only negative, I mean go look at the situation about ADAG and Bruce, Bruce doesn't like him because he tried to take money for the Bball program, there are others you just have to look it up. 

Go back and read the italicized parts of my previous post...

12 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Ask Bruce about some of the nonsense. Why do you think Burgess got involved?

Nothing personal but there’s some uninformed posters on this board.

So ADAG was never asked, recommended, or insinuated to cut costs by neither Leath or Gouge? 

Was the department not responsible for a portion of Malzhan's buyout? 

I'm not interested in Bruce complaining about penny pinching. In fact, due to the fact that he's been able to manage his basketball program just fine during this financial climate makes me further suspicious of why Bruce was *ever* complaining to Gouge about financial problems. 

All that aside, Bruce just got a well deserved contract extension. Is he still complaining?  

What programs aside from football are a dumpster fire right now? What programs were a dumpster fire when Jacobs was AD? 

By all means... go ahead and fire Greene and replace him with Tim Jackson or some other crazy family uncle from up in the JABA attic. 

Edited by BizTiger
  • Like 1

I like AG, but he's not quite the public figure to deal with JABA that Auburn needs. A lot of his hires have been solid, but there is also administrative stuff that has been mentioned here that is a big knock on him. I wonder if Auburn will go internal, but if they go external, I would like someone who has either worked for Auburn or the SEC and understands what is needed administratively and PR-wise to run the athletics department.

18 hours ago, AUlurker said:

I like AG, but he's not quite the public figure to deal with JABA that Auburn needs. A lot of his hires have been solid, but there is also administrative stuff that has been mentioned here that is a big knock on him. I wonder if Auburn will go internal, but if they go external, I would like someone who has either worked for Auburn or the SEC and understands what is needed administratively and PR-wise to run the athletics department.

To be fair, most of us seem pretty happy with the internal presidential hire. One of if not the worst presidents AU ever had was an outsider.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BizTiger said:

By all means... go ahead and fire Greene and replace him with Tim Jackson or some other crazy family uncle from up in the JABA attic. 

Yes, this is our biggest fear!!!

I am 100% in favor of internal hires when the organization is very well run with leadership development and training as part of the DNA of the organization.   I am strongly opposed to internal hires when the organization is poorly run, roles aren’t clearly defined, and it’s just a mess of an organization in general.    Guess which category the AUAD falls into?

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

To be fair, most of us seem pretty happy with the internal presidential hire. One of if not the worst presidents AU ever had was an outsider.

That's fair, however every President will have to stand on his own square. And not all internal hires are inherently bad. Time will tell Dr. Roberts' story. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 7:30 PM, maryland tiger said:

Dudes be gossiping and speculating like women. 🙄 feminine

Men gossip plenty.  Getting softer every day.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:03 PM, BizTiger said:

I'm not interested in Bruce complaining about penny pinching. In fact, due to the fact that he's been able to manage his basketball program just fine during this financial climate makes me further suspicious of why Bruce was *ever* complaining to Gouge about financial problems. 

I'm still waiting on someone to legitimize the complaints about the basketball budget. What year(s) was the budget reduced? What were the records of those years? 

The fact of the matter is Bruce Pearl didn't start winning big at AU until Allen Greene replaced Jay Jacobs.

On 2/14/2022 at 12:17 AM, RunInRed said:

Ask Bruce about some of the nonsense. Why do you think Burgess got involved?

Nothing personal but there’s some uninformed posters on this board.

Actually they’re not uninformed, they have been well informed, they just refuse to believe the facts presented to them, because they don’t want to believe it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BizTiger said:

I'm still waiting on someone to legitimize the complaints about the basketball budget. What year(s) was the budget reduced? What were the records of those years? 

The fact of the matter is Bruce Pearl didn't start winning big at AU until Allen Greene replaced Jay Jacobs.

Oh I see, Bruce Pearl is winning because of Allen Greene. I had to finish laughing before I could comment.

10 hours ago, JerryAU said:

TJ = Tim Jackson

No thank you. 

The very mention of Tim Jackson as “heir apparent” makes me want to puke up that experimental casserole my wife just served for dinner. 
Lord, Auburn couldn’t be so hard up that they’d have to put him over athletics, ever. 

• Love 1