Men vs Vandy Game Thread

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

There are only 2 more games in Auburn Arena with Jabari and Kessler. Enjoy it while you can, guys.

Why did u have to say this?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Cbp looked ticked after game

I imagine he is wondering why we are having to beat opposing teams and refs every time we step on the floor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't followed many of the bball threads in here this year, but on the On3 thread, let's just say that Flan has not been the most liked player over there, to put it kindly lol

15 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

There are only 2 more games in Auburn Arena with Jabari and Kessler. Enjoy it while you can, guys.

Walker feels like a guy that's gonna produce a game of this caliber against a Kansas or a UCLA and just have a few scouts enamored with him. I wouldn't shocked to see him be an end of lottery guy 

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Zep might not be the big scorer and he's that defender, but I literally hear something great about him outside of basketball every week. Great man

I'll bump this bc he deserves the recognition. Zep has brought so much to this program both on and off the court. He deserves every good thing to go his way in life 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

The arc was created because defenders were camping under the goal like KD getting charge calls after a driving player released the shot and fell into them. It was a disadvantage for offensive player. So calling a Block is sort of a punishment on the guy for trying to draw a charge in the circle I guess. 

Yes. I thought it protected the landing area for a player in the air to come down. It should not apply at all to this situation where the guy just runs over you.

• Like 2

Great 2nd half by the team especially the front court.  We needed to be pushed and we got it from Vandy.  This will help get us amped to stay focused playing our final SEC games.  We really didn't need a game where we dominated from beginning to end.  

Nice to see the front court come out to dominate a game.  

Don't worry to much on Flan, he will be ready by SEC tournament time.  \

War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

Great 2nd half by the team especially the front court.  We needed to be pushed and we got it from Vandy.  This will help get us amped to stay focused playing our final SEC games.  We really didn't need a game where we dominated from beginning to end.  

War Eagle!

I sincerely doubt that, but hope I’m wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

that #1 team in the country

Literally watched a high school game in a better gym last night.  

20220215_191531.jpg

20220215_191535.jpg

20220215_191543.jpg

8 minutes ago, 81spacetiger said:

War Eagle!

Flanagan is a liability on the court. The only reason he plays is because his dad sits on the same bench. Williams, Moore, and Berman are more productive and should get his minutes. Just being realistic. Is he athletic? Yes. Is he basketball savvy? NOOOO

Maybe Flan is still struggling to find his role in this team.  That could explain the ups and downs.  Like tonight he tried to fit in with the Oop attempt.  But AM he knew to just drive the ball.  Idk.

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Maybe Flan is still struggling to find his role in this team.  That could explain the ups and downs.  Like tonight he tried to fit in with the Oop attempt.  But AM he knew to just drive the ball.  Idk.

Bruce has tried to get him back to his old self by giving him a lot of minutes but it’s getting very late in the season and I don’t see it happening.   He is a liability and tries to force a lot out of frustration.   I hope he sits more as every game gets more important and comes back next year to be a 1st round contender 

• Like 1

Now that was a fun game to watch. Kind of like the bama game at AU where the opponent plays lights out and we still win by 10+!! I don't know what got into those refs though. Bruce gets a tech like 2 mins into the game and Pippen was getting a foul called just about every other possession. I know some of those were real but man a lot of them were not fouls either. Bure was right though.....the refs know who he is and they give him a lot of calls. 

I wonder if Jabari saw that scouting report on him cause he did not disappear in this one! Wow oh wow what a game from him. He could have scored 50 had we left him in the whole game. I hope the team remembers this game come tourney time. Next time we run into a hot time give the damn ball to Jabari and let him work! Really good games from Green, Zep, Kessler, and KD as well. 

i'm not giving away Flans minutes quite yet but man you just can't have games like that. Everyone has bad games but its awfully late in the season to be throwing out a stinker like that one. I know he is in a tough spot trying to learn his role on this team. He went from our only weapon (most of the time) last season to being about the 5th to 6th option on this team so that cannot be easy. Hopefully he puts this one behind him and plays well against FL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Now that was a fun game to watch. Kind of like the bama game at AU where the opponent plays lights out and we still win by 10+!! I don't know what got into those refs though. Bruce gets a tech like 2 mins into the game and Pippen was getting a foul called just about every other possession. I know some of those were real but man a lot of them were not fouls either. Bure was right though.....the refs know who he is and they give him a lot of calls. 

I wonder if Jabari saw that scouting report on him cause he did not disappear in this one! Wow oh wow what a game from him. He could have scored 50 had we left him in the whole game. I hope the team remembers this game come tourney time. Next time we run into a hot time give the damn ball to Jabari and let him work! Really good games from Green, Zep, Kessler, and KD as well. 

i'm not giving away Flans minutes quite yet but man you just can't have games like that. Everyone has bad games but its awfully late in the season to be throwing out a stinker like that one. I know he is in a tough spot trying to learn his role on this team. He went from our only weapon (most of the time) last season to being about the 5th to 6th option on this team so that cannot be easy. Hopefully he puts this one behind him and plays well against FL. 

You are right, could you imagine doing something a certain way your entire life and then having to switch it up? It'll be alright, unfortunately flan will just be one of those guys that won't ever get his due while other guys become folk hero for less.

I just wanted to highlight one of the things you said. It's awesome to watch a team play their best and we don't even give our's and they still didn't ever have a chance. That's what I've been saying, without us having 25/26 turnovers.......good luck beating this team. I think there are only maybe 5 teams in the country that might be able to do that.....And that's on a bad night

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Why did u have to say this?

He's just auditioning for a Progressive Insurance commercial spot. lol.

• Haha 1