Men vs Vandy Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So how was that not a charge?

Guess because his feet were in the arc but I love how you can just run over someone even if they're in position without the feet moving.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So how was that not a charge?

I guess it’s a free shot for the offense in that little arc!

KD had been standing there for a while!

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me, please....

If you are standing and a foot is inside the arc for defense....and you are motionless, and the offensive player runs you over.....is it a requirement for the ref to call a foul on the defender??? Seems to me it should just be a no-call, because obviously a charge cannot be called inside the arc.

Anyone know, I seriously don't? Thanks for your time in response.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Offensive foul on flan. I just don't even like having him on the floor anymore 87-70 AU 3:51

Agree, but that wasn’t a foul. Go back and look, guy flopped twice in a row and they called the second one. He purposely  pushed his face into flans already raised arms. These refs need to be graded and fined based on performance. They need to learn and not just be rewarded for incompetence. 

• Like 1

Personally and I hate to say it, I mean his D was also pretty abysmal tonight, he needs his minutes cut significantly. Maybe do what Bruce has originally planned to integrate him back in. He needs less minutes if he plays with the energy he has tonight 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Personally and I hate to say it, I mean his D was also pretty abysmal tonight, he needs his minutes cut significantly. Maybe do what Bruce has originally planned to integrate him back in. He needs less minutes if he plays with the energy he has tonight 

I really want Moore to get more minutes and I think giving him some of Flan's would do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Maybe he just isn’t truly back from that injury. With the talent on this team, he might not catch up this season. 

The arc was created because defenders were camping under the goal like KD getting charge calls after a driving player released the shot and fell into them. It was a disadvantage for offensive player. So calling a Block is sort of a punishment on the guy for trying to draw a charge in the circle I guess. 

2 straight bonehead plays but then went down and blocked it but also fouled. 

• Haha 1