New RB Commit

Caveman

Good get coach gran!!!!!!!!!

Of all of the RBs that were interested in AU, he's the one I thought we had the smallest chance of getting.

Awesome...

A 4-star QB followed by a 4-star RB the next day!

Eddins, Caudle, Tate...this is shaping up to be a great class.

The only thing is we need to hang on to him...he is only listed as a soft verbal, as opposed to Caudles 'solid verbal'

This is shaping up to be a VERY good class....one of the best probably in some years.....

Ht: 5-10.5 Wt: 205 40: 4.4

Position: RB

Projected as: RB

Position Rank: NR

Class: 2006 Senior

High School: Snow Hill HS

(Snow Hill, MD)

Scout.com Player Evaluation:

STRENGTHS

Cutback Ability

Tackle-Breaking Ability

Vision

AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT

Breakaway Speed

Do-it-all running back that can carry the load in college as a feature back.

Biography:

As a junior, Tate ran 286 times for 2886 yards and an astonishing 41 touchdowns while earning consensus first-team All-State honors as a running back.

Tate: “I’m a ‘back that doesn’t like to go down on the first hit – I have a lot of effort when I run the ball. I’m big, power, and I’ve got speed, and great vision.”

One word.....W O W ! ! ! :au:

This shows us the power of on a national basis of last years season and how AU becomes a player for these kids.Just hope they don't get homesick on us

pretty thick for 5'10'! :cheer:

169477[/snapback]

"It is not the size of the Tiger in the fight, It is the size of the FIGHT in the TIGER!"

WAR :au: EAGLE ! !!

Over 2000 yards and 41 touchdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as a junior, did anyone tackle him all year????????

Sorry guys, but I don't get excited about comittments, especially when these guys are yet to play their senior year of high school. Way too much can change between now and signing day. These are teenagers that can change their minds very easily or, God forbid, get an injury that will keep them from playing. I really never understood the logic behind these young men "committing" before they play their senior year of high school. What I found even more illogicial is the hype that surrounds it. When these young men put their John Hancock where and when it counts, then I will get just a little excited. I say just "a little" because I don't get too worked up about signing day either. I would rather wait and see whay the kid does on the field at the collegiate level before I get into hype. I guess I live by the old cliche "Don't count your chickens before they are hatched".

I am really excited about him, but I am gonna wait and see how the recruiting goes. Alot could happen with him. Still a GREAT job by Coach Gran

Keep your fingers crossed on Tate. It's a long way to signing day next Ferruary and he still intends to make official visits to Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and Penn St........schools all closer to home. We've been down this route with other super stars to heartbreak hotel.

And don't celebrate so loud......BG03 doesn't think it's recruiting season. :big:

A soft verbal, what is that, aren't they all verbals this time of year. Soft doesn't seem to have much backbone. Give me a Caudle verbal. Caudle loves AU, lives in the neighbor, and has always wanted to play for AU. Tate on the other hand can to AU and naturally was impressed by the people and facilities and gave essentially what appears to me to be a maybe. He is not in the same neighborhood and is hundreds of miles away from home and will take other visits. If you get really excited about this kind of early commitment, you will hit many deep bumps in the recruiting road. My impression of the Caudle-type commitment is that this is one you can count on.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Yea, it says he is looking at other schools still. This is what confuses me:

He graduates in December. I've never heard of a student graduating HS in December and will enroll for spring ball. Is he like wicked smart? Or behind by a semester?

Yea, it says he is looking at other schools still. This is what confuses me:

He graduates in December. I've never heard of a student graduating HS in December and will enroll for spring ball. Is he like wicked smart? Or behind by a semester?

169605[/snapback]

Alot of times kids do graduate early. I know alot of people down here that are athletes that graduated a semester early so they could get down here and start working out with the team.

As graduating early or late im not sure. but i would think it would be early bc there is no mention to him being behind on grades.

If he does enroll after graduating in December, he AIN'T signing with anyone else. I for one, do get excited about this stuff. Recruiting has now become a year round' business. Yes, I know it's not official until he puts his name on the dotted line and some do change their mind. I would venture a guess that the percentage of those that actually change their minds is quite small, though. We just hear more about some of the big names.

"Don't count your chickens before they are hatched".

Auw, that's half the fun. Get excited when they're verbals, when they sign, when they have their first good game, when they make all-american. If you wait too long, they're graduating and gone. It sure is fun to look at them eggs that just might hatch...maybe into a war eagle.

Archived