Republicans Keep Getting Fooled By Their Own Satire and Propaganda.

CoffeeTiger

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I seriously doubt California, Colorado, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington  and District of Columbia forbid instruction on abstinence. :rolleyes:

Since you're apparently expert on what these state laws address, please demonstrate where they do that.

They do teach abstinence starting in 6th grade:  

https://www.k12.wa.us/sites/default/files/public/healthfitness/standards/hpe-standards.pdf

This is Washington state’s policy.  The information is on page 32 of this pdf.

It is interesting to note that when a boy is going through puberty and a girl is capable of producing eggs are about the same time.  In the 6th grade is when abstinence begins to be taught which is usually a little before anything can happen.  I wonder why its not taught in K-3?  You know, get a head start.

I also wonder if it would be easier for kids to be abstinent if they do not identify as the gender they were *assigned* at birth.  So many questions.

Oh, I’m not suggesting anything by the above question, just curious as to who decided when certain subject are taught.

30 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It certainly fits with Elon’s claim that he has Asperger's. 

Well, that’s not a very inclusive type of statement, is it?   It’s almost like you are pointing to a difference in his being and making fun of it.   He obviously is high functioning if he does have Asperger’s

This also goes for the poster that reacted to your post.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, the whataboutism reared it’s head when YOU brought up that most Americans didn’t want Blacks in their classrooms.  That statement had NOTHING to do with the conversation other than trying to say *yeah, but what about what happened in the 70’s.  I took the opportunity to bash our beloved Leader of the Free World.  Thanks

Actually, it had everything to do with the conversation, which I think you know because I can't believe you are really so dense as to not see it. 

In case you don't, I guess I'll say it: the majority of our society once thought it was superior to another group of people, due to something they had no control over, and wanted them segregated so they wouldn't have to deal with them or care about their rights, or basically even think about them. Most (unfortunately not nearly enough, and even less than I thought a few years ago) have since recognized how abhorrent that was, and society at large is now taking strides to correct some of the sins of the past, the effects of which are still being felt today and will be for generations.

There is now another subset of society that is being oppressed, by people who don't want to have to think about them and are apparently too stupid to catch a metaphor.

• Like 2

For your entertainment:

He is the Lt Gov of NC and I voted for the man.  He will tell you exactly how he feels and it is refreshing to hear him speak.

He is old school and had been hit pretty hard over his comments.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

There is now another subset of society that is being oppressed, by people who don't want to have to think about them and are apparently too stupid to catch a metaphor.

So harsh, why are you so upset?  I guess in your world there is only race and sex.  Is this how you go through life?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I keep thinking I've heard the worst the modern Republican Party can throw out, and I keep getting kicked in the nuts.

• Like 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

I keep thinking I've heard the worst the modern Republican Party can throw out, and I keep getting kicked in the nuts.

Well, at least it's not an open attack on our democracy committed by a sitting POTUS. So far, they haven't since gone lower than that in my book. But there have been plenty of times where that bar wasn't cleared comfortably enough. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

My point is why did DeSantis bring it up if it was a non-starter?

Either he thought he could do it and had to crawfish when he met resistance or,

He was being cynical by falsely representing his ability to do it.

I don’t know why he brought it up Brother Homer. Maybe agitated by “Parental Rights in Education” dubbed “don’t say gay”. 

For your entertainment:

He is the Lt Gov of NC and I voted for the man.  He will tell you exactly how he feels and it is refreshing to hear him speak.

So, apparently, "old school" means ignorant and prejudiced. 

Ironic to hear such prejudice coming from a black man. You think he'd identify more with transgenders.  After all, they didn't choose to be transgender, anymore than he chose to be black.

It's no wonder church attendance is declining - especially by younger people.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t know why he brought it up Brother Homer. Maybe agitated by “Parental Rights in Education” dubbed “don’t say gay”. 

FINALLY the Left wins a messaging battle. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well, if he is that concerned how the bill is being characterized, maybe he shouldn't have signed such a vaguely-worded bill allowing that interpretation in the first place.

But we were talking about his statements regarding the state possibly sanctioning companies for criticizing the bill, so I don't really see the connection, unless, of course, Disney interpreted the bill the same way the lawyer did (in my previous quote) - teachers "can't say gay". 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

For your entertainment:

Interesting that he gives glory to God for making people who they are biologically in terms of male or female, but it's apparently the person's fault that there is something in their mind or body that tells them they are something else. Why doesn't God get the credit/blame for that?

It's also unfortunate he doesn't see the irony in religion being used to vilify and subjugate a group of people.

I think the fact the man says that transgenders are evil, and the fact you are proudly posting and praising it, says everything we need to know.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Well, that’s not a very inclusive type of statement, is it?   It’s almost like you are pointing to a difference in his being and making fun of it.   He obviously is high functioning if he does have Asperger’s

This also goes for the poster that reacted to your post.

It's not unusual at all for someone with Asperger's to be highly functioning in their work. Many are great engineers (for example), as they often have good technical minds.

In fact, my niece dated an Auburn engineer while in school -  who's own family acknowledged he probably had Asperger's.  She broke up with him due to his inability to show affection.

(And she is really good looking. She wound up marrying a guy with a law degree who is now a LEO.)

Edited by homersapien

12 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I think the fact the man says that transgenders are evil, and the fact you are proudly posting and praising it, says everything we need to know.

You are the king of leaps of logic.  I said I admire the way he says what he means, I never said I agreed with what he says.  You just ass.u.me that.

I posted it because I knew at least two posters would get a kick out of it and I was right.

By the way every person is made in the imagine of God, so how can you hate the image of God?  When we are born we have free will to do what ever we believe is correct.

I can accept that premise. 

42 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

FINALLY the Left wins a messaging battle. 

Don't know who originated it, but the Democrats need to hire him/her. ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

By the way every person is made in the imagine of God, so how can you hate the image of God?  When we are born we have free will to do what ever we believe is correct.

So, if one is born one anatomical sex, they can live as a different sex if they believe it's "more correct". 

(PS:  "every person is made in the imagine of God" sounds like a "Freudian slip". ;D)

Edited by homersapien

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, if one is born one anatomical sex, they can live as a different sex if they believe it's "more correct". 

(PS:  "every person is made in the imagine of God" sounds like a "Freudian slip". ;D)

I believe that is what free will is, don’t you?

Tell me the *Freudian slip*, I’m missing it.

9 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Interesting that he gives glory to God for making people who they are biologically in terms of male or female, but it's apparently the person's fault that there is something in their mind or body that tells them they are something else. Why doesn't God get the credit/blame for that?

It's the same answer you'll get when you ask why does God allow anything that's bad or considered to be negative or sinful.

God made humans near perfect with little to no struggles in life, Adam and Eve ate of the tree and thus all of humanity was corrupted.

Anything that is good or positive is a gift from God that we need to be thankful for. 

Anything bad or sinful in life is because of the sin of Adam and Eve and so God can't be held responsible for any of it because he tried to make our lives great, but we (through Adam and Eve) messed it all up. 

For Transgenderism, It's said that God gifts us our gender/sex at conception. Either male or female, and any desire or feelings or transgenderism is considered to be sinful thoughts placed in peoples heads by the devil. Like any other sinful thought or desire we have is considered a temptation from Satan and gender identity is no different. 

Many Christians consider it a mental illness brought into life by Satan and is just a unique struggle that some people have to live with. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are the king of leaps of logic.  I said I admire the way he says what he means, I never said I agreed with what he says.  You just ass.u.me that.

I posted it because I knew at least two posters would get a kick out of it and I was right.

You are almost certainly the most disingenuous person I've ever had a discussion with.

Really? You posted the video because you admire his conviction, and that's it? You don't agree with what he's saying, even though he's on your side of the debate? Because I guess it's so hard to find someone where you admire both what they say and how they say it?

You say you voted for him. You say it's "refreshing to hear him speak" (oh, doesn't everyone feel refreshed by hearing hate-filled vitriol!). You say he's getting hit hard over his comments (no s**t).

King of leaps of logic? Those K-3rd graders that you claim you want to protect could connect those dots.

• Love 1

55 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You are almost certainly the most disingenuous person I've ever had a discussion with.

Really? You posted the video because you admire his conviction, and that's it? You don't agree with what he's saying, even though he's on your side of the debate? Because I guess it's so hard to find someone where you admire both what they say and how they say it?

You say you voted for him. You say it's "refreshing to hear him speak" (oh, doesn't everyone feel refreshed by hearing hate-filled vitriol!). You say he's getting hit hard over his comments (no s**t).

King of leaps of logic? Those K-3rd graders that you claim you want to protect could connect those dots.

Yes, I voted for him 2 years ago when this was not an issue.  Yes, he is on my side of the issue, but does not make the same point as I do and has come under criticism for his remarks.  I admire any politician that speaks his/her mind freely.  There are too many times when politician’s voices are measured and you really don’t know where they stand on issues.

I put something out there as entertainment and you jump to conclusions.  It might be better if you asked a question or two before you leap to your logic.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe that is what free will is, don’t you?

Tell me the *Freudian slip*, I’m missing it.

No I don't.  If it were simply free will, a homosexual could "will" himself not to be homosexual.  Same goes for trans/cis. 

I don't think they can do that, even if they wanted to. While they can certainly will themselves to practice abstinence, they can't change who they are. (Thus, the suicides?)

The Freudian slip involved typing "imagine" instead of "image". I presume you get the irony. ;D

Edited by homersapien