Republicans Keep Getting Fooled By Their Own Satire and Propaganda.

CoffeeTiger

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I put something out there as entertainment and you jump to conclusions.  It might be better if you asked a question or two before you leap to your logic.

Of course. Naturally, this is my fault.

Perhaps you should use better judgement on what you post? Certainly if you felt someone would be entertained by that, your judgement could reasonably be questioned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's the same answer you'll get when you ask why does God allow anything that's bad or considered to be negative or sinful.

God made humans near perfect with little to no struggles in life, Adam and Eve ate of the tree and thus all of humanity was corrupted.

Anything that is good or positive is a gift from God that we need to be thankful for. 

Anything bad or sinful in life is because of the sin of Adam and Eve and so God can't be held responsible for any of it because he tried to make our lives great, but we (through Adam and Eve) messed it all up. 

For Transgenderism, It's said that God gifts us our gender/sex at conception. Either male or female, and any desire or feelings or transgenderism is considered to be sinful thoughts placed in peoples heads by the devil. Like any other sinful thought or desire we have is considered a temptation from Satan and gender identity is no different. 

Many Christians consider it a mental illness brought into life by Satan and is just a unique struggle that some people have to live with. 

It's as if the enlightenment never happened.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No I don't.  If it were simply free will, a homosexual could "will" himself not to be homosexual.  Same goes for trans/cis.  I don't think they can do that, even if they want to.  They can certainly practice abstinence, but they can't change who they are.

The Freudian slip involved typing "imagine" instead of "image". I presume you get the irony. ;D

Free will is the capacity of agents to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

This is what I consider free will.

Yes, some times I use unintended words slip by when I type.  It’s a flaw that I try to get better at.  Nothing more, good catch.

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Free will is the capacity of agents to choose between different possible courses of action unimpeded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will

This is what I consider free will.

Yes, some times I use unintended words slip by when I type.  It’s a flaw that I try to get better at.  Nothing more, good catch.

1) That's consistent with my post. They don't have "free will" because their "nature" - factors that contribute to sexuality other than the genitalia -  impedes their will.

2) Nah, I think it was a Freudian slip indicating you don't really believe "we are made in God's image".  But I am giving you the benefit of doubt. ;);D

Edited by homersapien

21 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It certainly fits with Elon’s claim that he has Asperger's. 

Well, It is a good thing you are a Lib.  Any conservative would have at least been harassed as being a racist, or at most banned from this board, for doubting an African American's "claim" or making fun of their developmental disorder.😇

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, auburn41 said:

Well, It is a good thing you are a Lib.  Any conservative would have at least been harassed as being a racist, or at most banned from this board, for doubting an African American's "claim" or making fun of their developmental disorder.😇

DDA1DD03-FA7A-462D-83FD-72E94762CAC3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never take ivermectin for COVID as it is not effective as studies have shown, however, puberty blockers in your child without these studies are OK.  After all, the Trevor Project, funded by drug companies that produce these puberty blockers, have conducted a survey of 12,000 trans kids says it helps prevent depression.

The Biden administration promoted the use of puberty blockers for transgender children by citing a study from an LGBT group funded in part by a manufacturer of the controversial drugs used in gender reassignment.

In statements commemorating "Transgender Day of Visibility," the White House and Department of Health and Human Services cited research from the Trevor Project to support the use of puberty blockers, hormone therapy, and sex-reassignment procedures in children seeking to change genders. Two of the Trevor Project’s donors, AbbVie and Allergan, make drugs and medical products used in the medical gender transition process. The charitable foundations of both companies gave at least $50,000 to the Trevor Project, according to a review of tax documents and the Trevor Project’s website. The Trevor Project did not disclose the funding in its research.

The Trevor Project study, published in the Journal of Adolescent Health and cited by numerousnews outlets, claimed that teenagers with access to drugs and procedures to change genders were less likely to have depression and suicidal thoughts. The organization polled nearly 12,000 transgender and nonbinary youth, offering gift cards to some participants. In citing the study, HHS said "early" use of the drugs was "crucial" to the well-being of transgender children.

Though the medical gender transition industry is growing rapidly, some researchers say puberty blockers and hormone treatments for children have not been studied enough to ensure their safety.

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/white-house-pushes-puberty-blockers-for-trans-kids/

Would you feel safe have your child take these drugs?

Edited by I_M4_AU

The Gender Unicorn:

Using a Unicorn or Ginger Man as *tools* to instruct your child is brainwashing children when gender dysphoria only effects less than 1% of people.  Why are we doing this?

WASHINGTON (TND) — A school district in Wisconsin has come under fire for withholding key information from parents if their child decides to change their gender identity at school. During a training session, teachers at Eau Claire Area School District were told parents did not need to know about their child changing their gender identity at school, according to a presentation obtained by The Wisconsin Spotlight.

"Remember, parents are not entitled to know their kids’ identities. That knowledge must be earned," reads a slide from the presentation. "Teachers are often straddling this complex situation. In ECASD, our priority is supporting the student.”

Erika Sanzi, director of outreach for Parents Defending Education, said her organization has found schools “have plans and policies in place to deliberately deceive parents, particularly on the issue of gender identity.”

https://katv.com/news/nation-world/school-district-says-parents-are-not-entitled-to-know-gender-identity-of-their-kids-wisconsin-eau-claire-parents-defending-education-erika-sanzi-trans-pronouncs

Watch the video

This is another state, like Florida, that does not have gender identity studies as part of the curriculum.  However, it is being taught and hidden from parents.

2 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Man, all an African American has to do to become a hero to Conservatives is be born to 2 white parents and not be Black? 

Interesting. 

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Man, all an African American has to do to become a hero to Conservatives is be born to 2 white parents and not be Black? 

Interesting. 

Spoken like a true Lib.  All you see is color!

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 10:40 AM, homersapien said:

Well, I am certainly not embarrassed by it.  Just the opposite, I'm proud to oppose racism, misogyny and xenophobia.

I don't understand how one turns opposition to such things into a "slur".  It's basically admitting that "woke" people have gone too far in recognizing the racism, misogyny and xenophobia in our country. How can that be?

Republicans have "jumped the shark" in their political goals.  Using the state to pass laws to threaten companies who are responding to their "woke" employees and customer (Disney), supporting Putin and Russia for no apparent reason other than he's an authoritarian who promotes a war on democracy.  They are even promoting book bans:

"A new report from the American Library Association (ALA) found 729 challenges to library materials in 2021, the highest number in the 20 years the ALA has tracked the issue. Most targeted were books about various minority groups, the organization writes.....

.....Many of these banning efforts are happening in states controlled by Republicans, and those state legislatures won’t function as a clearing house for airing the national debate we need. In many places — Iowa, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas among them — the banning efforts originate in the state legislatures themselves."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/04/jamie-raskin-gop-book-bans/

This is certainly not "conservatism".  It's the politics of fear and grievance.  It goes against everything a democracy should represent.

You may be right regarding Republicans taking control 2020 and 2024.  In some ways I almost hope they do.  IMO, this country is experiencing a crisis, thanks to extremists that have hi-jacked the Republican party.  And using "woke" as a slur is a perfect example of who they are - selfish and afraid haters.

So let them take over.  Drive our country to such policy extremes there will ultimately be a backlash of voters who are horrified by what has become of the Republican party.  And that backlash will include real conservatives, conservatives who are horrified what MAGAs are trying to do with our government, and thus our country.  We may have to hit the bottom before we recover.

This is not the first time in our history we have experienced political activities that are antithetical to our values.

But ultimately, I have faith in our countries historical trajectory of freedom and decency.

If I am wrong, then it's good bye America and everything it once stood for.

I think there are enough crazies and extremists in both parties. The Democrats may have more crazies, but the Republicans have a lot more wimps.

On 4/5/2022 at 1:27 PM, homersapien said:

Well, if he is that concerned how the bill is being characterized, maybe he shouldn't have signed such a vaguely-worded bill allowing that interpretation in the first place.

But we were talking about his statements regarding the state possibly sanctioning companies for criticizing the bill, so I don't really see the connection, unless, of course, Disney interpreted the bill the same way the lawyer did (in my previous quote) - teachers "can't say gay". 

Has he threatened to “sanction” companies? My understanding is that he is talking about Reedy Creek “special privileges”.

Also, see that liberals are largely divided concerning the bill according to polling.

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-only-52-of-democrats-oppose-floridas-dont-say-gay-policy-214144683.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Has he threatened to “sanction” companies? My understanding is that he is talking about Reedy Creek “special privileges”.

Also, see that liberals are largely divided concerning the bill according to polling.

https://news.yahoo.com/poll-only-52-of-democrats-oppose-floridas-dont-say-gay-policy-214144683.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

Had he voiced concern over those “special privileges” before the criticism?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Had he voiced concern over those “special privileges” before the criticism?

I am not sure but there apparently have been concerns. My question was regarding sanction threats to companies.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

I am not sure but there apparently have been concerns. My question was regarding sanction threats to companies.

Understood. On a related topic, though, it’s striking how many conservatives are responding:

EAA02695-46FE-48CD-8CF0-BC50285EAE18.jpeg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Understood. On a related topic, though, it’s striking how many conservatives are responding:

When Conservatives advocate for progressive policies to "Own the libs". 

Next thing you know Republicans will be threatening to take away the Corporate tax cuts they gave them a few years ago. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sanction was my term, he didn't mention that particular word (as far as I know.)

But was clearly threatening some sort of retribution or pressure on Disney, but then, he had to "clarify" his statement.

All this stuff about "special privileges" - which do merit reconsidering (in their own right) -  is a smoke screen on the actual intent of his message - which is intended primarily for his political base.  And that message is: "hey I'm gonna kick Disney's "woke" ass!

https://www.thewrap.com/ron-desantis-disney-special-privileges-florida/

.......Since then, DeSantis has taken aim at the company several times, including on Thursday when he told reporters that the state government may be re-evaluating Disney’s “special privileges” in Florida.

“Someone said, ‘Hey, Disney has all these special perks. Should you retaliate against them for them coming out and demagoguing this bill?’ ” he said. “I don’t believe you ‘retaliate,’ but I think what I would say, as a matter of first principle, I don’t support special privileges in law. Just because a company is powerful and they have been able to wield a lot of power.”

DeSantis is referring to a state law passed in 1967 that allows Walt Disney World to effectively govern itself. During an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Friday, the governor doubled down on his comments.

“Over many, many decades, they’ve gotten incredible treatment from the Florida legislature. They are treated on a pedestal,” he said on the show. “This one corporation is treated differently than everybody else. That’s not something I’ve ever supported, but now in the legislature, you see a movement to re-evaluate those special privileges.”

He added, “At the end of the day, I think Disney has gotten over its skis on this. Look, there’s policy disputes, and that’s fine. But when you’re trying to impose a woke ideology on our state, we view that as a significant threat. This wokeness will destroy this country if we let it run unabated.”.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/04/ron-desantis-disney-dont-say-gay-bill/

"...Disney came out against the “Don’t Say Gay” bill after facing intense internal pressure from employees. Disney argued that it “could be used to unfairly target” LGBT kids and families.

That’s a perfectly reasonable fear. The law outlaws “instruction” in “sexual orientation or gender identity” that is not “age-appropriate.” Legal experts note that such vague wording could allow conservative parents to claim violations in many typical situations, such as a teacher mentioning gay families, or a kid discussing her gay parents, or a teacher helping a transgender student seek counseling.

Regardless, DeSantis has gone on the attack. He’s raising money off Disney’s opposition, labeling it “radical.” And he recently suggested that he might target Disney’s “special privileges” in the state.

That’s repulsive stuff. Even some Republicans have noted that Disney is simply exercising its right to weigh in on a public issue, one that matters deeply to many customers and employees, and shouldn’t face the threat of state retaliation for doing so.

Regardless, under questioning from reporters, DeSantis then clarified he is not targeting Disney’s enormously lucrative tax breaks, one of which totals in the hundreds of millions of dollars to encourage Disney to move more than 2,000 employees to Florida from California. DeSantis justified this by claiming all companies are treated equally by such tax incentives."

Meanwhile -  as was undoubtedly intended -  the original message and it's purpose was picked up and amplified by the MAGA right: 

......Last weekend, Fox News host Laura Ingraham warned companies to “stay in your lane” or risk the wrath of a future Republican administration that might reexamine the protections and favors upon which corporate America has come to rely. “When Republicans … get back into power, Apple and Disney need to understand one thing: Everything will be on the table,” she said. “Your copyright, trademark protection. Your special status within certain states. And even your corporate structure itself.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/08/abigail-disney-florida-dont-say-gay-backlash-stand-love/

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

When Conservatives advocate for progressive policies to "Own the libs". 

Next thing you know Republicans will be threatening to take away the Corporate tax cuts they gave them a few years ago. 

Only tax their “enemies.”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Apple, Disney and many others in corporate America need to be taken down a few notches.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sanction was my term, he didn't mention that particular word (as far as I know.)

But was clearly threatening some sort of retribution or pressure on Disney, but then, he had to "clarify" his statement.

All this stuff about "special privileges" - which do merit reconsidering (in their own right) -  is a smoke screen on the actual intent of his message - which is intended primarily for his political base.  And that message is: "hey I'm gonna kick Disney's "woke" ass!

https://www.thewrap.com/ron-desantis-disney-special-privileges-florida/

.......Since then, DeSantis has taken aim at the company several times, including on Thursday when he told reporters that the state government may be re-evaluating Disney’s “special privileges” in Florida.

“Someone said, ‘Hey, Disney has all these special perks. Should you retaliate against them for them coming out and demagoguing this bill?’ ” he said. “I don’t believe you ‘retaliate,’ but I think what I would say, as a matter of first principle, I don’t support special privileges in law. Just because a company is powerful and they have been able to wield a lot of power.”

DeSantis is referring to a state law passed in 1967 that allows Walt Disney World to effectively govern itself. During an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Friday, the governor doubled down on his comments.

“Over many, many decades, they’ve gotten incredible treatment from the Florida legislature. They are treated on a pedestal,” he said on the show. “This one corporation is treated differently than everybody else. That’s not something I’ve ever supported, but now in the legislature, you see a movement to re-evaluate those special privileges.”

He added, “At the end of the day, I think Disney has gotten over its skis on this. Look, there’s policy disputes, and that’s fine. But when you’re trying to impose a woke ideology on our state, we view that as a significant threat. This wokeness will destroy this country if we let it run unabated.”.......

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/04/ron-desantis-disney-dont-say-gay-bill/

"...Disney came out against the “Don’t Say Gay” bill after facing intense internal pressure from employees. Disney argued that it “could be used to unfairly target” LGBT kids and families.

That’s a perfectly reasonable fear. The law outlaws “instruction” in “sexual orientation or gender identity” that is not “age-appropriate.” Legal experts note that such vague wording could allow conservative parents to claim violations in many typical situations, such as a teacher mentioning gay families, or a kid discussing her gay parents, or a teacher helping a transgender student seek counseling.

Regardless, DeSantis has gone on the attack. He’s raising money off Disney’s opposition, labeling it “radical.” And he recently suggested that he might target Disney’s “special privileges” in the state.

That’s repulsive stuff. Even some Republicans have noted that Disney is simply exercising its right to weigh in on a public issue, one that matters deeply to many customers and employees, and shouldn’t face the threat of state retaliation for doing so.

Regardless, under questioning from reporters, DeSantis then clarified he is not targeting Disney’s enormously lucrative tax breaks, one of which totals in the hundreds of millions of dollars to encourage Disney to move more than 2,000 employees to Florida from California. DeSantis justified this by claiming all companies are treated equally by such tax incentives."

Meanwhile -  as was undoubtedly intended -  the original message and it's purpose was picked up and amplified by the MAGA right: 

......Last weekend, Fox News host Laura Ingraham warned companies to “stay in your lane” or risk the wrath of a future Republican administration that might reexamine the protections and favors upon which corporate America has come to rely. “When Republicans … get back into power, Apple and Disney need to understand one thing: Everything will be on the table,” she said. “Your copyright, trademark protection. Your special status within certain states. And even your corporate structure itself.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/08/abigail-disney-florida-dont-say-gay-backlash-stand-love/

No, sanction was not your word. “Sanctioning companies” were your words. 

Edited by SaltyTiger

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

No, sanction was not your word. “Sanctioning companies” were your words. 

My, my aren't we being pedantic this evening!   :-\