When ignoring biological sex and prioritizing gender identity goes wrong

TitanTiger

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you think parents that allow reassignment surgery on their kids should be classified as abusers and he treated accordingly?

i think that has to be decided as well by legit docs or even a team of them. i think they go through a huge battery of tests if i remember correctly as well as being questioned face to face by shrinks maybe? and again if it is legit and not some kind of craziness going on unless i have missed something i would think no. but i would make sure i was able to pull out all the diagnosis i used as well as say if you are a parent. my friends both knew their son was legit when he told them. i have never had children so i do not feel qualified to beany kind of expert. but as a kid we had another kid move in the hood and i think he was third or fourth grade. he looked male and had a penis but he walked and talked like a girl and he loved to play with dolls. these are some of the type kids i assume might wind up seeking more help down the road.

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

A few questions:

1. Is God confused when He creates hermaphrodites?

2. Is God confused when He creates children with ambiguous genitalia?

3. What if there is no God?

#1-God is never confused.

#2-See #1

#3- You will find out soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Do you think parents that allow reassignment surgery on their kids should be classified as abusers and he treated accordingly?

I think the decision is the individual, when they are adults. The parents should not have any say so in this.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I think the decision is the individual, when they are adults. The parents should not have any say so in this.

Agreed, But what if they agree to let the surgery or suppression meds take place before they're adults?

On 4/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, DKW 86 said:

No problem with an adult making that decision. 

A child should not be making decisions that change their lives forever.

Terry made the decision when he was 17-18 yo. I have zero problem with that.

Most states recognize adulthood as 18 years of age. Too young IMO. I'd personally like to see life altering decisions like this banned until 21. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Hey God gave my wife appendicitis too. Didn't stop us from getting it treated. 

Not quite comparable to whacking off your junk, but it was funny. 

23 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Not quite comparable to whacking off your junk, but it was funny. 

I mean applying "God doesn't make mistakes" to things like dysphoria is dumb. There's plenty of stuff in our physiology that could he considered a mistake. Case in point, the appendix, which basically exists for no reason at all except to wreck your s*** if something goes wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

#2-See #1

I see. So I guess it's just you that's confused, then.

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

As will we all, but that didn't answer the question, did it?

22 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I mean applying "God doesn't make mistakes" to things like dysphoria is dumb. There's plenty of stuff in our physiology that could he considered a mistake. Case in point, the appendix, which basically exists for no reason at all except to wreck your s*** if something goes wrong. 

I hear ya bro. Just cracked me up I first read it.

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think that has to be decided as well by legit docs or even a team of them. i think they go through a huge battery of tests if i remember correctly as well as being questioned face to face by shrinks maybe? and again if it is legit and not some kind of craziness going on unless i have missed something i would think no. but i would make sure i was able to pull out all the diagnosis i used as well as say if you are a parent. my friends both knew their son was legit when he told them. i have never had children so i do not feel qualified to beany kind of expert. but as a kid we had another kid move in the hood and i think he was third or fourth grade. he looked male and had a penis but he walked and talked like a girl and he loved to play with dolls. these are some of the type kids i assume might wind up seeking more help down the road.

I'm not disagreeing with your points, but I would like to add a few thoughts of my own. There is a massive space between a young male being feminine and playing with dolls and gender reassignment. I know a guy that is very feminine. He is also gay, but he would never want to attempt to live as a woman. A person's sexual orientation being homosexual does not mean that they desire to be the opposite gender. 

I'm not convinced that actual gender reassignment is possible. We call the procedure and lifetime cocktail of drugs and hormones a gender reassignment, but if those medications aren't taken, the human body is no longer tricked into behaving differently from its genetic programming. We can medically remove female breasts, but we cannot program the individual's brain so that their body doesn't produce estrogen. Therefore, we use drugs to manipulate the effects of the hormones. I think it is safe to assume that there must be consequences to taking these medications over a span of 50 plus years. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PUB78 said:

#2-See #1

He does work in mysterious ways at times.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:38 AM, PUB78 said:

1B337E25-6634-485D-80CB-A945CF833D5A.jpeg

Did God choose to give some people birth defects? Maybe, God gives each of us challenges to overcome in our lives in an attempt to grow us into better people?

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Agreed, But what if they agree to let the surgery or suppression meds take place before they're adults?

Bird, I am taking the parents actions and decisions completely out of my view. The individual makes those decisions, ONCE they reach adulthood.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Most states recognize adulthood as 18 years of age. Too young IMO. I'd personally like to see life altering decisions like this banned until 21. 

Me too, but the age of true adulthood must come when someone can opt into military service and risk their life.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

He does work in mysterious ways at times.

see i disagree. now one of you is gonna tell me when a grade school kid is raped and murdered it is gods will when it is nothing more than pure evil and yet people continue to lay that one at gods feet. you think telling a parent that lost his child in such a horrific way makes anyone feel better? do you really want to tell folks god is killing their children but he works in mysterious ways? that it is all part of the plan? i do not buy that and i never will. also 9377 i meant to quote 78 and i have not even had my first cup of coffee. we need to quit acting like god because it hurts him and it hurts religion. these people turn to godly folk for help and are told it is ok god did it for a reason? get real. you end up hurting the cause with statements like that. for years i turned away from the bible because people justified parts of it to say slavery is ok and it is in the bible. people tend to belittle and or hurt people that need more love. instead of some of you throwing folks under the bus why not go wash their feet? some of you think gays are unnatural and unclean. jesus washed feet for a point and many miss it when the point becomes important. and some christians want to send gays to camp to brainwash them into being something they are not. so now go ahead and throw me under the bus because of my beliefs but all you will do is make me dig in harder to what i believe. but some of you have in my humble opinion some ugliness in your hearts. and trust me i used to be just like many of you. i did not care for gays and belittled them regularly. in the nineties i found out a band i was in had two gay members and they hid it. they did not act feminine or any of that. they were good people. they were intelligent and caring people. what i found out was i was the monster. me. all because to my tastes i would never take a male lover. i am sure this take will not be positive here and i probably made more enemies but i have to stand true to what i believe in. especially when it comes to right and wrong.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Me too, but the age of true adulthood must come when someone can opt into military service and risk their life.

i joined the navy at seventeen with my moms signature  because i was homeless. and to this day it has been the best thing i have ever done.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Bird, I am taking the parents actions and decisions completely out of my view. The individual makes those decisions, ONCE they reach adulthood.

I understand.

I'm asking, What about the parents that facilitate the conversion therapy on their children before they have become adults?

In those instances, would you consider it child abuse?

Borderline yes. You can be abusive by not taking an affirmative role in the child’s life. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Did God choose to give some people birth defects? Maybe, God gives each of us challenges to overcome in our lives in an attempt to grow us into better people?

Through my son's condition, we have been able to witness to 1000's of healthcare workers both by action and in our words. Through James, God's love is seen.

We can't see what type of cascade will flow from those exchanges. It's not for our understanding.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Let me add, it's not fair and it's been beyond difficult.  We couldn't have done it by ourselves. We celebrate our 20th this month and James' 16th next month. Without God's guidance, strength, and interventions that wouldn't have been possible. We would've absolutely crumbled.

We don't dwell on the struggle or cry why us.  We've been told in Jeremiah, "For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future". Then later, Paul tells us in his letter to the Corinthians that, "God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength but with your testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it”.

We claim those words as our own. We understand the struggle, the fear, the pain, the hurt, the depression, the helplessness. We also know that through this crucible there will be great things that come from it. Not from us or necessarily for us, but through us.

Sorry for the hijack...not the message though.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Case in point, the appendix, which basically exists for no reason at all except to wreck your s*** if something goes wrong. 

Not try to argue a point, just giving more info.

There have been new studies that have found that the appendix is no longer "extra" or unnecessary.  They have discovered that it actually acts as a reservoir for good bacteria, that, in times of stress (vomiting/diarrhea/injury/etc.), it repopulates the intestines with the good bacteria to regain and maintain homeostasis there.  It also has some immunological roles too.  It acts similar to Pyers's patches and is also the site of IgA production.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Not try to argue a point, just giving more info.

There have been new studies that have found that the appendix is no longer "extra" or unnecessary.  They have discovered that it actually acts as a reservoir for good bacteria, that, in times of stress (vomiting/diarrhea/injury/etc.), it repopulates the intestines with the good bacteria to regain and maintain homeostasis there.  It also has some immunological roles too.  It acts similar to Pyers's patches and is also the site of IgA production.

the really good probiotics are very good for you and cheap. they have to have a million strains and refrigerated after opening. brenda who is fighting cancer was told by her doc that the immune system starts in the gut and it extremely important for a healthy life..............

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

told by her doc that the immune system starts in the gut and it extremely important for a healthy life..............

Part of it does. 

Your T-cells and B-cells originate in the bone marrow but the T-cells maturate in the thymus and B-cells in the marrow or lymph.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Borderline yes. You can be abusive by not taking an affirmative role in the child’s life. 

You are almost there; if a parent is believing a 3 year old that he/she is trans at their word, is it the child that knows this or the parent that wishes it so?  I dare say if the parent has bought into this without hesitation they are abusive.  Much like a parent uses their authority to act as a Munchausen by Proxy for a child’s illness.  Parents can be caught up by the social contagion of other parents that believe wholeheartedly their child know better than they do.  What parent in their right mind takes the word of their child as gospel?  This is a form of abuse.

Some schools and courts have been pushing this concept.  In the curriculum of the gender studies they spout the child needs to *find a poeple you can trust* routine that seems benign, but who decides what persons can be trusted?  If, for example, the child, out of desperation to be accepted, confesses he is a she and is allowed to think that and/or is discouraged to tell their parents, they will believe the only people that can be trusted are the school counselor and/or teacher.  Once the child comes out as trans and the parents object they are no longer *a person that can be trusted*.

We have seen this in Washington and courts in Texas.  Hence, the intense backlash from parents that some believe is a made up phenomenon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I don’t know. I try not to question the Almighty too much, but we all do ask “why” many times.