Herschel Walker

12 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Thankfully for the Walker, mental fitness and intelligence are one of the least important attributes the GOP look for in their politicians. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Thankfully for the Walker, mental fitness and intelligence are one of the least important attributes the GOP look for in their politicians. 

Actually, I'd say the lack of those things is considered more of a feature.  Just look a Marjorie Taylor Greene as a good example.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-shooting-conspiracy-b2118235.html

Marjorie Taylor Greene claims mass shootings ‘designed’ to make GOP support gun control

Controversial Georgia Republican has speculated that medications caused shootings

• Like 1

This is the funniest and saddest thread on the forum. This guy may still win anyway. 

I think I need to go take a bath. I feel all icky inside now. If he wins, he will likely be Senator for life. 😱

• Like 1

If Herschel Walker wins in Georgia, America will have lost its mind

Image without a caption

It’s not yet clear who will be the weirdest and most unfit Republican Senate candidate in November. But my early pick is Herschel Walker in Georgia. If he wins — and he could — this nation has truly lost its mind.

The flashing red lights and blaring sirens are not just about the former football star’s myriad lies and stunning hypocrisy. That kind of stuff doesn’t necessarily trouble GOP voters in the least, given their continued devotion to Donald Trump, who counts Walker as a longtime friend. It’s Walker’s combination of utter ignorance and total confidence, which challenges even that of the former president.

Mind you, Walker does challenge even Trump’s record of dubious achievement on the lies-and-hypocrisy score. For years, he railed against the irresponsibility shown by absent African American fathers. The “fatherless home is a major, major problem” in the Black community, he told conservative radio host Charlie Kirk in 2020. In a 2021 conversation with conservative personalities Diamond and Silk, Walker lamented: “The father leaves in the Black family. He leaves the boys alone so they’ll be raised by their mom. If you have a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman … you don’t leave that child.”

That stance became a punchline when it was revealed that Walker, who proudly describes his relationship with his 22-year-old son Christian, is also the father of three other children of whom he does not speak — and with whom he is not in regular contact. According to reporting by the Daily Beast, the mother of one of those unmentioned children, a 10-year-old boy, had to sue Walker to get him to pay child support.

I’m old enough to remember when one secret “love child” was enough to end the political career of John Edwards, who twice was a credible candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination. Three secret offspring haven’t slowed Walker down any more than would-be tacklers did when he was barreling down the field for touchdowns at the University of Georgia.

As for lies, Walker claimed he graduated from college when he didn’t, claimed he had “worked in law enforcement” when he didn’t, and claimed he owned “the largest minority-owned chicken business in the United States” when he didn’t.

We've had liars and hypocrites in the Senate before — we have some now, actually — and the republic has survived. But to an alarming degree, even for a senator, Walker seems to believe he knows everything about everything — while his words suggest he knows nothing about anything at all.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this is how he explained his views on climate change to a group of Republican activists: “We don’t control the air. Our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air has got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we’ve got we to clean that back up.”

This is how, in March, he explained his doubts about evolution: “At one time, science said man came from apes. Did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it.”

This is how he promised right-wing podcast host Glenn Beck a quack cure for covid in August 2020: “Do you know, right now, I have something that can bring you into a building that would clean you from covid as you walk through this dry mist?”

And this is what he said on Fox News two days after the Uvalde, Tex., school shooting: “Cain killed Abel and that’s a problem that we have. What we need to do is look into how we can stop those things. You know, you talked about doing a disinformation — what about getting a department that can look at young men that’s looking at women that’s looking at their social media. What about doing that? Looking into things like that and we can stop that that way.”

Even by the standards of today’s Senate, a body of which Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) is a member, this is incoherent, “Looney Tunes” babble — even if Walker rambled his way around to a generally sensible position: increasing funding for mental health treatment.

While Walker wanders along the campaign trail, Walker’s Democratic rival, incumbent Sen. Raphael G. Warnock, has concentrated on emphasizing what he has accomplished for Georgians in his brief time in office. Despite the choice between crazed and competent, polls show Walker and Warnock in a statistical tie.

Warnock won his seat in a runoff election on Jan. 5, 2021, after Trump, furious at having lost the state, told Georgia Republicans that their votes wouldn’t be counted fairly. Trump essentially gifted Warnock his seat. Now, by endorsing Walker, let’s hope Trump may be doing it again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If Herschel Walker wins in Georgia, America will have lost its mind

Image without a caption

It’s not yet clear who will be the weirdest and most unfit Republican Senate candidate in November. But my early pick is Herschel Walker in Georgia. If he wins — and he could — this nation has truly lost its mind.

The flashing red lights and blaring sirens are not just about the former football star’s myriad lies and stunning hypocrisy. That kind of stuff doesn’t necessarily trouble GOP voters in the least, given their continued devotion to Donald Trump, who counts Walker as a longtime friend. It’s Walker’s combination of utter ignorance and total confidence, which challenges even that of the former president.

Mind you, Walker does challenge even Trump’s record of dubious achievement on the lies-and-hypocrisy score. For years, he railed against the irresponsibility shown by absent African American fathers. The “fatherless home is a major, major problem” in the Black community, he told conservative radio host Charlie Kirk in 2020. In a 2021 conversation with conservative personalities Diamond and Silk, Walker lamented: “The father leaves in the Black family. He leaves the boys alone so they’ll be raised by their mom. If you have a child with a woman, even if you have to leave that woman … you don’t leave that child.”

That stance became a punchline when it was revealed that Walker, who proudly describes his relationship with his 22-year-old son Christian, is also the father of three other children of whom he does not speak — and with whom he is not in regular contact. According to reporting by the Daily Beast, the mother of one of those unmentioned children, a 10-year-old boy, had to sue Walker to get him to pay child support.

I’m old enough to remember when one secret “love child” was enough to end the political career of John Edwards, who twice was a credible candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination. Three secret offspring haven’t slowed Walker down any more than would-be tacklers did when he was barreling down the field for touchdowns at the University of Georgia.

As for lies, Walker claimed he graduated from college when he didn’t, claimed he had “worked in law enforcement” when he didn’t, and claimed he owned “the largest minority-owned chicken business in the United States” when he didn’t.

We've had liars and hypocrites in the Senate before — we have some now, actually — and the republic has survived. But to an alarming degree, even for a senator, Walker seems to believe he knows everything about everything — while his words suggest he knows nothing about anything at all.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this is how he explained his views on climate change to a group of Republican activists: “We don’t control the air. Our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air has got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we’ve got we to clean that back up.”

This is how, in March, he explained his doubts about evolution: “At one time, science said man came from apes. Did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it.”

This is how he promised right-wing podcast host Glenn Beck a quack cure for covid in August 2020: “Do you know, right now, I have something that can bring you into a building that would clean you from covid as you walk through this dry mist?”

And this is what he said on Fox News two days after the Uvalde, Tex., school shooting: “Cain killed Abel and that’s a problem that we have. What we need to do is look into how we can stop those things. You know, you talked about doing a disinformation — what about getting a department that can look at young men that’s looking at women that’s looking at their social media. What about doing that? Looking into things like that and we can stop that that way.”

Even by the standards of today’s Senate, a body of which Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) is a member, this is incoherent, “Looney Tunes” babble — even if Walker rambled his way around to a generally sensible position: increasing funding for mental health treatment.

While Walker wanders along the campaign trail, Walker’s Democratic rival, incumbent Sen. Raphael G. Warnock, has concentrated on emphasizing what he has accomplished for Georgians in his brief time in office. Despite the choice between crazed and competent, polls show Walker and Warnock in a statistical tie.

Warnock won his seat in a runoff election on Jan. 5, 2021, after Trump, furious at having lost the state, told Georgia Republicans that their votes wouldn’t be counted fairly. Trump essentially gifted Warnock his seat. Now, by endorsing Walker, let’s hope Trump may be doing it again.

Republicans only remaining principle: own the Libs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

is herschel a victim of the gop's "shock and awe" type crap? i was reading where all the nuts the repubs have scrounged up is by design to create chaos and confusion. i hate it for herschel because he should be considered one of the greatest backs in college football but he will have a ton of hashtags,etc, on him now and people will marvel at how stupid he is years  from now.

54 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is herschel a victim of the gop's "shock and awe" type crap? i was reading where all the nuts the repubs have scrounged up is by design to create chaos and confusion. i hate it for herschel because he should be considered one of the greatest backs in college football but he will have a ton of hashtags,etc, on him now and people will marvel at how stupid he is years  from now.

Nobody is more stupid than Biden. I’ll take Herschel any day.

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

you gonna help him get our air back from china? by the way i would rather have biden than a crooked man anyday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this is how he explained his views on climate change to a group of Republican activists: “We don’t control the air. Our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air has got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we’ve got we to clean that back up.”

This is how, in March, he explained his doubts about evolution: “At one time, science said man came from apes. Did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it.”

--------

Your love for republicanism has blinded you beyond belief. C'mon. There's more sensible Republicans in Georgia than that. Sad.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, this is how he explained his views on climate change to a group of Republican activists: “We don’t control the air. Our good air decided to float over to China’s bad air. So when China gets our good air, their bad air has got to move. So it moves over to our good air space. Then, now, we’ve got we to clean that back up.”

This is how, in March, he explained his doubts about evolution: “At one time, science said man came from apes. Did it not? ... If that is true, why are there still apes? Think about it.”

--------

Your love for republicanism has blinded you beyond belief. C'mon. There's more sensible Republicans in Georgia than that. Sad.

most new age right wing republicans were piles of feces that their supporters gathered up and overcooked in an easy bake oven.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Republicans only remaining principle: own the Libs.

This is the real issue with the RNC. It is not a party of progress on any front. It is simply the party that pisses off the right people. Truly believe that if the Dems would quit referring to average Americans as bitter, clinging, deplorable, etc the nation would be so much more undivided. That unfortunately is not likely to happen. They are looking at Newsom as a solid Presidential candidate? He’s like a villain frat rat from a Nerds movie. Silly slicked back hair and that fake laugh of his. He is a Members Only jacket away from being a meme. 

44 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

This is the real issue with the RNC. It is not a party of progress on any front. It is simply the party that pisses off the right people. Truly believe that if the Dems would quit referring to average Americans as bitter, clinging, deplorable, etc the nation would be so much more undivided. That unfortunately is not likely to happen. They are looking at Newsom as a solid Presidential candidate? He’s like a villain frat rat from a Nerds movie. Silly slicked back hair and that fake laugh of his. He is a Members Only jacket away from being a meme. 

Agree 100% on Newsom. Fun fact: his ex wife is now Don Jr’s partner.

Hoping for Roy Cooper from NC. Or some little known state official who captures the imagination— that’s conceivable now in ways it didn’t used to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

--------

Evolution is a theory that has only about 50,000 breaks in the chain which are completely unexplained or even attempted. Just believe us they say. That sounds a lot like faith. I’ll take faith in God and Creation. It is embarrassing when a stupid man asks you a question you can’t answer. Why are there apes? Because God created them and humans didn’t kill them all even though we could. 

Have you ever been to China? I have many times. They do have bad air. It does float over here and make out air dirtier. And they are not playing ball with pollution control. His explanation falls short of your expectations.  It does have at least as much truth in it as climate change explanations. All they use is models to prove their position and when the data does not support their position they change the data to make their model work.  Call me a denier no problem. I definitely deny the correctness of the modeling. The climate changes all the time, always has, never been explained, or predicted accurately.  Remember the “ice age coming” oops never mind we are burning up!!! 10 years left 20, 50, 30, 12 years or we are done!!!! Zero fulfilled predictions since 1970. And you still trust these idiots? How does Herschel seem more stupid than these experts? Wait don’t answer that. I know why you think he is stupid.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you gonna help him get our air back from china? by the way i would rather have biden than a crooked man anyday.

Biden is a crooked man. Choose again please.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Evolution is a theory that has only about 50,000 breaks in the chain which are completely unexplained or even attempted. Just believe us they say. That sounds a lot like faith. I’ll take faith in God and Creation. It is embarrassing when a stupid man asks you a question you can’t answer. Why are there apes? Because God created them and humans didn’t kill them all even though we could. 

I'm not trying to start a religious debate here, but there is ALOT more strong evidence for evolution than you're admitting to here. I think it's highly probable the Book of Genesis was written to not be taken word for word literally and was written in a way to give a very simple and easy to understand reasoning and explanation for how the earth and everything on it came into being, that people during that time could easily comprehend without focusing much on the details of exactly "how" all of it happened.  

There is a reason why evolution is becoming accepted among more and more Christian Churches and denominations as a possible explanation for human and earths existence. Believing in evolution doesn't mean you don't have faith in God. 

Frankly it makes a lot more sense to me to believe in God carefully guiding evolution over possibly billions of years than it does the idea of God just snapping things into instant existence in a literal week and then resting because God apparently gets tired and needs rest? I think it also canonically makes more sense in context with the rest of the Bible where God played the role of a more hands off guider and influencer while directly intervening divinely in only certain few  situations. 

If you're saying you believe the literal written account of Genesis over anything scientists or researchers have discovered or will ever discover then that's fine. I have plenty of family members and friends that believe exactly as you do, but I don't believe that modern evolution requires nearly as much  faith to believe in as Young Earth Creationism does.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You say “nobody,” and then post Exhibit A for the defense.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm not trying to start a religious debate here, but there is ALOT more strong evidence for evolution than you're admitting to here. I think it's highly probable the Book of Genesis was written to not be taken word for word literally and was written in a way to give a very simple and easy to understand reasoning and explanation for how the earth and everything on it came into being, that people during that time could easily comprehend without focusing much on the details of exactly "how" all of it happened.  

There is a reason why evolution is becoming accepted among more and more Christian Churches and denominations as a possible explanation for human and earths existence. Believing in evolution doesn't mean you don't have faith in God. 

Frankly it makes a lot more sense to me to believe in God carefully guiding evolution over possibly billions of years than it does the idea of God just snapping things into instant existence in a literal week and then resting because God apparently gets tired and needs rest? I think it also canonically makes more sense in context with the rest of the Bible where God played the role of a more hands off guider and influencer while directly intervening divinely in only certain few  situations. 

If you're saying you believe the literal written account of Genesis over anything scientists or researchers have discovered or will ever discover then that's fine. I have plenty of family members and friends that believe exactly as you do, but I don't believe that modern evolution requires nearly as much  faith to believe in as Young Earth Creationism does.

To be fair to JJ, evolution is only accepted by the reasonably intelligent Christians. 😉

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

To be fair to JJ, evolution is only accepted by the reasonably intelligent Christians. 😉

I understand. You can’t be reasonably intelligent and believe the Bible as written. That’s a lot of people you accuse of not being reasonably intelligent with that statement. 

8 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I understand. You can’t be reasonably intelligent and believe the Bible as written. That’s a lot of people you accuse of not being reasonably intelligent with that statement. 

Jesus taught in parables. Do you think he was just telling literal stories?

No. Jesus did teach in parables. When you pick and choose which verses you have decided are worthy of your belief, it is more akin to changing the parable Jesus taught so it would be better in your mind. You either believe it or you don’t. Why put restrictions on God? Who can do that? You?  You don’t think God could ensure that the message He wanted His believers to record for His Book is correct and does not require editing or interpretation from you?

24 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

No. Jesus did teach in parables. When you pick and choose which verses you have decided are worthy of your belief, it is more akin to changing the parable Jesus taught so it would be better in your mind. You either believe it or you don’t. Why put restrictions on God? Who can do that? You?  You don’t think God could ensure that the message He wanted His believers to record for His Book is correct and does not require editing or interpretation from you?

Parables require interpretation, don’t they?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Parables have meaning and illustration. If you interpret a parable incorrectly then you will not get the meaning. 

The proper word is discernment. So...no. 

16 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Parables have meaning and illustration. If you interpret a parable incorrectly then you will not get the meaning. 

The proper word is discernment. So...no. 

I believe it’s a simple story that conveys God’s role in creation. Not sure how much the details matter, but one need not disbelieve scientific evidence to believe in a Creator.

So which Biblical creation story do you believe in?

par·a·ble
/ˈperəb(ə)l/

noun
plural noun: parables
  1. a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, as told by Jesus in the Gospels.

Israelites told multiple creation stories,” writes Shawna Dolansky in her Biblical Views column. “The Bible gives us three (and who knows how many others were recounted but not preserved?). Genesis 1 differs from Genesis 2–3, and both diverge from a third version alluded to elsewhere in the Bible, a myth of the primordial battle between God and the forces of chaos known as Leviathan (e.g., Psalm 74), Rahab (Psalm 89) or the dragon (Isaiah 27; 51). This battle that preceded creation has the Mesopotamian Enuma Elish as its closest analogue. In Enuma Elish, the god Marduk defeats the chaotic waters in the form of the dragon Tiamat and recycles https://masterra.com/order-essay.html her corpse to create the earth.”

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Jesus taught in parables. Do you think he was just telling literal stories?

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Minions Cheering GIF - Minions Cheering Happy GIFs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

The Bible does require a lot of human interpretation though. That's why there are thousands of different Christian sects, denominations, groups and offshoots each and every one of those thousands interpret some scriptures and Biblical passages different than all the others. It's why Protestantism and orthodoxy split from the Catholic Church. It's why the reformation splintered into hundreds of different groups and beliefs..it's why Churches today split up all the time with and new ones are founded just down the road  or across town due to doctrinal and spiritual issues.

You may believe you're individual interpretation of the Bible is logical and completely correct, but no matter what denomination you belong to there will be 90+% of Christians around the world who would disagree with you in one way or the other. Sometimes in minor ways...sometimes in major ways.

Edited by CoffeeTiger