Who would support a nationwide ban on abortion after 15 weeks that guarantees the right to abortion before then?

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Both of those plus financially. Any time the government mentions raising taxes for social programs Republicans freak the hell out.

How would we fund a fully functioning reformed adoption system when 40% of the country would tell their reps vote no so my taxes don't get raised.

Get most of the attorneys out of the way?  Why should they get all of the money in this racket?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Looks like ICHY likes wasteful spending. 

Don't be a liar. 

Social programs are an investment.  There is a return.  Social programs fueled the greatest economic expansion in history.

What I do not care for is social programs for the wealthy.

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 12:26 PM, Didba said:

The main reason I cannot agree with this is because contraception can be impossible for some women of lower socioeconomic status to get on a consistent basis.

You have to choose between food/rent or BC/condoms, itsnan easy choice. Also, sex education is very bad/low in many places.

Did you know some women believe that using a tampon after unprotected sex will keep them from being pregnant? Abstinence only sex education leads to these beliefs. I mean I've met women that haven't even know basic genital physiology for men and women.

I understand your concerns on this, but wouldn’t the first 16 weeks still provide those that wanted the abortion the ability to obtain one?  

Also, if they can’t afford condoms, they probably can’t afford an abortion.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I understand your concerns on this, but wouldn’t the first 16 weeks still provide those that wanted the abortion the ability to obtain one?  Yes, which is why I am in support of it.

Also, if they can’t afford condoms, they probably can’t afford an abortion.  I think they find a way to afford an abortion, plus you can get access to cheaper methods of abortion.  A $15 pack of condoms vs $15 spent on food is different than a $100 abortion vs $100 on rent/food vs $$$+ money spent raising/having a child when they cannot get an abortion.  This is just the psychology of the situation IMO

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Don't be a liar. 

Social programs are an investment.  There is a return.  Social programs fueled the greatest economic expansion in history.

What I do not care for is social programs for the wealthy.

Tex probably thinks firefighters are wasteful spending. They don't make much money lol. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Tex probably thinks firefighters are wasteful spending. They don't make much money lol. 

What a dumbass response. 

You must think studying the effects of cocaine on Japanese quail is a worthwhile investment. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Looks like ICHY likes wasteful spending. 

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg.efdffcae44f799da0195d219d3c7b54b.jpg

26 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You must think studying the effects of cocaine on Japanese quail is a worthwhile investment. 

The effect of cocaine on Japanese quail is very important to society... /s

57 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Careful with nicknames. 😉

• Haha 2

On 6/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, AUDub said:

I don't think it would be too hard to find 2 psychiatrists to approve the abortion on the grounds that carrying a child conceived via incest or rape is psychologically perilous to the woman. 

Question, with no smartassed-ness intended: When it comes to exceptions for rape, does the woman (or state) have to prove the rape in Court? What do states that have rape-exceptions require? I honestly don’t know. What I do know is that it takes an eternity to get a judgment, jury or not, which for obvious reasons would present a dispositive challenge in this context.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Question, with no smartassed-ness intended: When it comes to exceptions for rape, does the woman (or state) have to prove the rape in Court? What do states that have rape-exceptions require? I honestly don’t know. What I do know is that it takes an eternity to get a judgment, jury or not, which for obvious reasons would present a dispositive challenge in this context.

It's am extremely difficult dilemma, as so few women actually report when they're raped. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:18 AM, autigeremt said:

“Adoption is an imperfect solution....it shouldn't be what is encouraged and isn't a system that sets all children up for success and productive, healthy lives.”

I resent this remark as I am living proof that a counter argument can be made for this along with my sister. 

I would never discourage or say anything negative about adoption. It’s ideal!  It’s just not the alternative chosen very often. Seems like nine months of pregnancy creates a bond and enough physical and emotional baggage that keeping the child is sadly chosen by the majority who are not ready or worthy. We all pay. I support adoption first and foremost. I just can’t choose it for the impregnated. 

• Like 1