Surprise player

Draven

We all know Taylor, Obomanu, Aromashadu, McClover, Groves, Antarrious and Travis Williams should have good years. But this is the question I pose, who will be the surprise tiger, who have we not heard much or anything about that will prove to be big for :au: in 'O5 on one or both sides of the ball?

I say David Irons at CB filling Carlos Rogers shoes will be tough but he is a talented JUCO transfer who I think could come up huge for us this year. On the offensive side Cooper Wallace, while not a surprise to us with all the focus on the WR I can see a huge year for Wallace.

I can't wait for the 3rd to get here WAR EAGLE!!

Carl Stewart-Jonathan Wilhite

Some interesting choices guys, but none sound all-to surprising to me. Let's go out on a limb here and say....

Offense

Leon Hart-Will find a starting role at either guard position or center before season's end.

Defense

M. Gunn-Will provide at least 5 sacks filling in for Stanley and Quinton.

Unsung Hero

Josh Thompson-Will occupy numerous double teams which will turn our speedy LB corp loose on the CFnation.

Brandon Cox...and it will be a surprise...because no one is really expecting that much from "Lefty".... :)

:au::homer:

CT will be double teamed all year, DA will have a great year being left wide open all year.

I would love to see Anthony Mix have a breakout year. The guy is huge and can't be stopped by one tackler. Get him 5-6 touches every game and good things will happen.

Brandon Cox...and it will be a surprise...because no one is really expecting that much from "Lefty".... :)

:au:   :homer:

170866[/snapback]

I am. (But then again, I am "no one". :D ) I think Brandon will be a very good qb THIS season. He is not Jason. He will need to learn a lot on the fly. But, I think he will get the job done! :au:

:au:   :homer:

170866[/snapback]

It wont be a surprise in the sense that the spotlight is and will be on him anyway. But I feel like Brandon's going to do much better than many people give him credit for. With our receivers & offensive line, along with CAB's coaching & a decent running game, I think even I could complete a few passes. (and we're talking about a 51-year-old man here who never played anything more than backyard/sandlot football. :D ) Brandon's got all the skills to be a good one, and I don't think we'll have to wait until 2006 to see it..

I also think the Irons brothers are going to be quite a one-two punch in the media. Great playing combined with the "brother" angle makes for attention-grabbing journalism.

Kenny Irons

Courtney Taylor

Anthony Mix, gosh I think there may be several more. Too difficult to call...wde!

CTT was saying the same things Quiet alluded to earlier. Cox is in the same position experience and talent wise as Jason was when he became the starter. The difference is that BC has much more talent around him than Jason did. Now, factor in Gorgeous Borges, and BC could be farther along than Jason was at this point.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Due to injuries, illness and an unfortunate incident involving Kenny Irons' photo op at the Raptor Center, Opelika Middle School starting halfback Darius "DK" Kennedy will be forced into action and rush for over 200 yards against Alabama.

Just my guess.

Archived