Auburn extends offer to top ranked JUCO offensive tackle

aubiefifty

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

6 out 7 are four * and JC has a real chance to get his 4th. Again, way to support the team and players.

Sports and football aside, I hope I’m never as negative about things as some on this board are. It has to be a sad way to go through life. Great to have you back with us @bigbird

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Sports and football aside, I hope I’m never as negative about things as some on this board are. It has to be a sad way to go through life. Great to have you back with us @bigbird

You had me until the last sentence.................

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

6 out 7 are four * and JC has a real chance to get his 4th. Again, way to support the team and players.

If it were 16 out of 17 we'd be in the hunt. Sadly.....

And.....my remark about not attracting the higher rated players is in direct response to the discussion about how AU will have to hope to get lucky by signing lower-rated O-linemen because we can't get enough more highly rated O-linemen. But you knew that.

How is being factual not supporting the team and players? That's BS.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It is because every time somebody points out something good you have to find a way to be negative about it. All Bird said was 6 out of 7 are 4*'s  and the one 3* may become a 4*.  Then you had to come back with negative comment it is only good if 16 out of 17 are 4*'s.  Just once when somebody says something positive about recruiting don't try and come back with a negative response. We all know we don't have enough recruits. Nobody not even the sunshine pumpers think we are where we need to be in recruiting.  That doesn't mean if something is positive you have to find a way to find fault with the positive news. 

Well said Tex.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

All Bird said was 6 out of 7 are 4*'s  and the one 3* may become a 4*.

Which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed. He just injected that to distract from the topic, which was AU's inability to get well-regarded O-line prospects.

• Facepalm 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, bigbird said:

Maybe we could use professional NFL scouts with years of experience identifying underrated players. I mean if it works for the pros...

Clap Most Interesting Man GIF - Clap Most Interesting Man Applause GIFs

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

which was AU's inability to get well-regarded O-line prospects.

The irony is freaking hilarious, just priceless.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Which had absolutely nothing to do with the topic being discussed. He just injected that to distract from the topic, which was AU's inability to get well-regarded O-line prospects.

You just proved my point. When Bird said 6 out of 7 were 4*'s and the one 3 * might become a 4* if you had said something like that is great but what does it have to do with O-line recruiting that would have been a valid point. But that is not what you said instead you attacked and said it was only good if 16 out of 17 were 4*s.  Now after you have been called out on it you come back with this weak but Bird should have been talking about O-Line recruiting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Auburn hasn't been able to acquire top shelf oline prospects for years now.  There's a negative stigma attached to AU relative to the oline room and IF Auburn expects to compete in this league, it has to be remedied with urgency.

Harsin obviously identified the issue and he went into action, he addressed it by hiring NFL level experienced personnel.  The professional(s) have years of experience scouting and identifying talented football players for NFL rosters.

At least that's a step in the right direction and it's an attempt to go about this problem from a different angle, right?  Attack the problem with a professional approach, let the professionals do their job and see if they can solve a 5-6 yr old problem.  

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Auburn hasn't been able to acquire top shelf oline prospects for years now.  There's a negative stigma attached to AU relative to the oline room and IF Auburn expects to compete in this league, it has to be remedied with urgency.

Harsin obviously identified the issue and he went into action, he addressed it by hiring NFL level experienced personnel.  The professional(s) have years of experience scouting and identifying talented football players for NFL rosters.

At least that's a step in the right direction and it's an attempt to go about this problem from a different angle, right?  Attack the problem with a professional approach, let the professionals do their job and see if they can solve a 5-6 yr old problem.  

Why anyone would push back against that is just weird.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

No Mikey...look at thread title. It had Noting to do what you just wrote, which was our inability to get well regarded O-line prospects.....

And your first post on this thread was fine, then when someone wrote a post that twerked you, you started down the negative posting, even though Auburn is trying to flip guys, for now to get THOSE linemen...

On 8/23/2022 at 1:21 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

All Bird said was 6 out of 7 are 4*'s 

Which in itself is fine. However, it's off-topic. Unless there are six of seven 4* O-linemen, which we all know there are not.

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

No Mikey...look at thread title. It had Noting to do what you just wrote, which was our inability to get well regarded O-line prospects.....

And your first post on this thread was fine, then when someone wrote a post that twerked you, you started down the negative posting, even though Auburn is trying to flip guys, for now to get THOSE linemen...

Yes, Auburn is trying to flip guys because, wait for it.... we have been unable to attract the higher quality O-line prospects. That was the whole reason for the discussion about lower rated guys making the NFL and we may need to look in that direction. That's a discussion I didn't start by the way.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Yes, Auburn is trying to flip guys because, wait for it.... we have been unable to attract the higher quality O-line prospects. That was the whole reason for the discussion about lower rated guys making the NFL and we may need to look in that direction. That's a discussion I didn't start by the way.

You are right, Auburn hasn't been able to attract higher quality oline prospects.  Sadly it appears to be a continuation of the last 5-6 yrs of Auburn wondering in the desert.  That position group was allowed to wallow around to sub-mediocre levels and it went unaddressed for far too long to the point where it has now become an urgent matter. 

Thankfully the head man in charge after only 1 season, recognized the massive deficiency and addressed it by bringing in a seasoned professional well versed in scouting talent at the NFL level.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Thankfully the head man in charge after only 1 season, recognized the massive deficiency and addressed it by bringing in a seasoned professional well versed in scouting talent at the NFL level. 

We should all hope this works. Why an NFL scout should be better at evaluating high school players than a career college coach eludes me. I would think that sifting through high school leftovers in search of diamonds in the rough is outside of an NFL man's experience. However, I'll give Harsin credit for trying something when in desperate circumstances. It's better than doing nothing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We should all hope this works. Why an NFL scout should be better at evaluating high school players than a career college coach eludes me. I would think that sifting through high school leftovers in search of diamonds in the rough is outside of an NFL man's experience. However, I'll give Harsin credit for trying something when in desperate circumstances. It's better than doing nothing.

There's been too much of doing nothing for many years now.  It was well past time to step up and take action.  Getting a professional scout in place to address the problem head on is a positive IMO. 

On 8/24/2022 at 4:04 PM, JerryAU said:

There's been too much of doing nothing for many years now.  It was well past time to step up and take action.  Getting a professional scout in place to address the problem head on is a positive IMO. 

Which is why it eludes some. Bc it’s a positive move.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, DAG said:

Histrionic personality disorder. look it up 

You may be right but I was thinking borderline. Histrionic almost seems charitable….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1