Hurricane Ian

AURex

As of the latest hurricane Ian tracking predictions

North of Trumpville, south of DeSantisville.

Why have a hurricane if it doesn't clobber a bunch of politicians? Am I watching "The Sandman"?

Edited by AURex
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 8

Seems like an odd thing to joke about, seeing as how it's about to make landfall as a Cat 5 storm, but you do you...

• Like 4

JFC.  I'm about as liberal as they come here and this OP is in incredibly poor taste.  Use that lump 3 feet above your ass before posting next time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

My brother and sister-in-law moved away from St. Pete about a decade ago, but her mother still lives there. Riding the storm out with friends. Not sure it's the safe move, but she's not in the greatest of health and can't travel.

Best of luck to everyone in the path. Stay safe.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AURex said:

As of the latest hurricane Ian tracking predictions

North of Trumpville, south of DeSantisville.

Why have a hurricane if it doesn't clobber a bunch of politicians? Am I watching "The Sandman"?

What a completely sick and deranged leftist statement of bring politics into discussion about a powerful hurricane the may take peoples lives and massive personal property destruction You are truly a very disturbed and vile human, I strongly recommend you seek the professional help that you clearly need!

This is one of the sickest things I've ever seen on this sight. 

Mods, please DONT lock this down. Let it go and let this be brought to the light. 

And don't come back saying "relax, it was just a joke." You've posted some stupid crap before, but this is the first time I've seen you post something that screams you have a hard heart. I'll be truly praying for you man, because I don't want anyone going through life full of a spirit of hatred.

• Thanks 1

My goodness.....During Hurricane Katrina I remember peoples loved ones being placed in the back of refrigerated 18 wheelers and trying to identify deceased and contact next of kin with the only cell service being at the top of Moss Point bridge like it was yesterday.

Extremely cruel joke!

Edited by kevon67

11 hours ago, kevon67 said:

My goodness.....During Hurricane Katrina I remember peoples loved ones being placed in the back of refrigerated 18 wheelers and trying to identify deceased and contact next of kin with the only cell service being at the top of Moss Point bridge like it was yesterday.

Extremely cruel joke!

Lived it. 

Katrina USCG.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• TitanTiger changed the title to Hurricane Ian
5 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Lived it. 

Katrina USCG.jpg

True Hero👍........We were swamped at the Coroner's office we were basically working out of a Funeral Home's garage........spent many months travelling from Pascagoula, MS. to Gulfport, Bay St. Louis to New Orleans with an 80 plus year old Pathologist that never slept, weighed 100lbs wet and could out hustle most 18yr olds...R.I.P.

• Like 2

There is no humor left in our world. Or maybe I should say, there is no humor "right" in our world. Or maybe sarcasm has morphed into propaganda. Or maybe we are all caught in a politically ballistic, religiously nuclear, realm of sh*****te.

• Dislike 3

14 minutes ago, AURex said:

There is no humor left in our world. Or maybe I should say, there is no humor "right" in our world. Or maybe sarcasm has morphed into propaganda. Or maybe we are all caught in a politically ballistic, religiously nuclear, realm of sh*****te.

Really the "why can't y'all take a joke?" position is not defensible here.

Brad's right. Take a moment to pull your head out your ass before shitposting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kevon67 said:

True Hero👍........We were swamped at the Coroner's office we were basically working out of a Funeral Home's garage........spent many months travelling from Pascagoula, MS. to Gulfport, Bay St. Louis to New Orleans with an 80 plus year old Pathologist that never slept, weighed 100lbs wet and could out hustle most 18yr olds...R.I.P.

It was hard to witness. We couldn’t get to everyone but we tried. The Navy and Army helped us a lot. USCG doesn’t have the total assets (especially helos) that those branches provide so some of us jumped on board the Blackhawks and Seahawks to provide rescue expertise to the crews. I’ll never forget it but wished I had never been needed. Thank you for your work….it’s not ideal for sure. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Unbelievable the evidence that still exist today in that beautiful area. We had a group from Gulfport show up to help out in Mexico Beach after Michael. From experience knew help was needed. 16 people in all from a church. Had chain saws, trucks and a Bobcat loader. Actually came into my yard and told me I needed help. Long story short saved me thousands in tree and debris clean up and tons of aggravation. Even brought their on lunch and enjoyed sandwiches and conversation during breaks. So happened my insurance adjuster was there when they arrived. He had allowed something like $9000 on tree removal alone.   Assured me he did not see a thing concerning the help.

Further, Red Cross and Salvation Army were great following Michael. Passing along for anyone willing and able to donate toward relief.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Terrible attempt at humor if you want to call it that. We have friends on the west coast that lost everything.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Terrible attempt at humor if you want to call it that. We have friends on the west coast that lost everything.

That's sad indeed......Did you get any damage?

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Unbelievable the evidence that still exist today in that beautiful area. We had a group from Gulfport show up to help out in Mexico Beach after Michael. From experience knew help was needed. 16 people in all from a church. Had chain saws, trucks and a Bobcat loader. Actually came into my yard and told me I needed help. Long story short saved me thousands in tree and debris clean up and tons of aggravation. Even brought their on lunch and enjoyed sandwiches and conversation during breaks. So happened my insurance adjuster was there when they arrived. He had allowed something like $9000 on tree removal alone.   Assured me he did not see a thing concerning the help.

Further, Red Cross and Salvation Army were great following Michael. Passing along for anyone willing and able to donate toward relief.

Churches were instrumental in helping many get back on their feet.........I know you travel to Bay St. Louis pretty often.........Former Mayor Favre still wears shorts year around🤣

Edited by kevon67
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Churches were instrumental in helping many get back on their feet.........I know you travel to Bay St. Louis pretty often.........Former Mayor Favre still wears shorts year around🤣

Family & friends in NOLA and a place over at Pass Christian. Over there a few weeks ago. Did not get to fish but took a cruise up the Jourdan and ended eating at the Steamer. Seems they think highly of their food but it was great and someone else picked up the tab.

In NOLA as I type but prefer being over your way when we visit. Guarantee we will eat great this weekend though.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Worked Michael as a civilian volunteer with the SBP (Disaster Resilience | What We Do | SBP USA) and the State of Florida in Panama City and Wewahitchka. It was a massive undertaking....also took three truckloads of water, food, clothing, blankets, fuel, etc. down to areas off of 431 north of Panama City right after it moved through. Special place down there for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Worked Michael as a civilian volunteer with the SBP (Disaster Resilience | What We Do | SBP USA) and the State of Florida in Panama City and Wewahitchka. It was a massive undertaking....also took three truckloads of water, food, clothing, blankets, fuel, etc. down to areas off of 431 north of Panama City right after it moved through. Special place down there for me. 

Wewa…that is great. Not many folks know it exists. Area was certainly hard to get into. We vacated to Auburn and days before we could get back in to see what we had left. 

Thanks for what you do

Edited by SaltyTiger

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No thanks goodness live in a condo. Lots of trees down and flooding here.

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Family & friends in NOLA and a place over at Pass Christian. Over there a few weeks ago. Did not get to fish but took a cruise up the Jourdan and ended eating at the Steamer. Seems they think highly of their food but it was great and someone else picked up the tab.

In NOLA as I type but prefer being over your way when we visit. Guarantee we will eat great this weekend though.

Haven't eaten there since they remodeled a few years ago(flood)........they've been quite proud for as long as I remember......can only imagine now with this economy.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No thanks goodness live in a condo. Lots of trees down and flooding here.

The love emoji is for you not receiving damage and not for the area with downed trees and flooding.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Haven't eaten there since they remodeled a few years ago(flood)........they've been quite proud for as long as I remember......can only imagine now with this economy.

My understanding is have a place in New York and use New York pricing.

• Thanks 1