This is different

JuscAUse!

I watched a few quarters then decided to go out, with i normally would be glued to the TV for this rivalry game. I didn’t get any normal texts from my Auburn friends or diehard brother. My friends who went to Auburn that i met out didn’t even realize the game was on. It’s gotten really bad.

• Like 1

The real cost of letting this failed experiment drag on is much more than any coach's buy-out. We're losing our confidence, future fans' loyalty, even our opinion that we even belong in the same discussion as other SEC teams. The only thing we have going for us is the short-term memory of the average sports fan who will likely forget this even happened once we hire D. Sanders or H. Freeze. As for me, this time in our history is a sad reminder of who really runs Auburn Athletics - Jimmy & Bobby. WDE. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Hell I went to Wal-Mart this morning to get groceries and even the Bammers had empathy for me. Usually I would get a roll turd from someone with a crooked grin on their face, now they just shake their head at me and say something like " man what the hell is going on over there?" When the bammers cant even make a joke about us, its bad.   Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmkay 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

There’s nothing to say. Everybody knew what the outcome would be and it was exactly how we thought it would play out.

The excitement in the program is gone and everything is deflated. Looking at the schedule It’s hard to tell if we’ll even win again this year and western Kentucky is on that schedule and that’s not even a guarantee 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 2

Didn’t watch the game yesterday. First time I’ve missed one without a very good reason in probably a decade. 

Had a great day with family and friends. Don’t regret it one bit. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

"The opposite of love isn't hate......it's indifference."  - author I dont remember now

Two in the bush or whatever

Author- Jimmy a bartender in Reno

For the first time since Gus's last year I didn't finish a full game I turned it off right after the Robby fumble when nobody touched him, and until Harsin is gone I won't watch another game because I physically can't. 🤦

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

I watched it all like always looking for something good  They didn't quit was about it.

Funny thing I didn't lose my cool once. No fuming , cussing and kicking the coffee table. . I hoped for the best but got about what I expected. 

43 minutes ago, cbo said:

Didn’t watch the game yesterday. First time I’ve missed one without a very good reason in probably a decade. 

Had a great day with family and friends. Don’t regret it one bit. 

First time since 2012 I did not either go to the game or watch all of it. Watched bits and pieces. 
Beautiful weather and a lot of time outside. 

• Like 2

ap·a·thy
/ˈapəTHē/

noun
  1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
    "widespread apathy among students"

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if the boosters/PTB don't just sit back another year or two and watch this Harsin train wreck and bottoming out of Auburn FB just to teach you uppity know it all Allen Green loving booster hating fans a little lesson. 
Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

For the first time since Gus's last year I didn't finish a full game I turned it off right after the Robby fumble when nobody touched him, and until Harsin is gone I won't watch another game because I physically can't. 🤦

What is it with Ashford not being able to hold a football? He has no future if he can’t learn to at least avoid fumbles and that’s not to say his interceptions are good, but I just don’t know anymore. This is just bad bad football. 

I was absolutely apathetic Gus's last 3 or 5 years. Yeah, there was excitement from dumb luck plays that kept us in the race. But then there were just so many wasted plays and wasted talent. Then, games we could/needed to win, we'd crap the bed. So for several years I did not attend, at most watched just the first 20 minutes, or didn't watch at all. I had high hopes Harsin could exceed this incredibly-low bar. Damn if he/WE didn't set it lower. I don't expect to be contending for national championships every year. To be in a real battle for the top of the west would position us for good things. But it takes more than just the head football coach. I'd say we are still a quart or five low even with one big name new coach. Something or somethings are really broken in the football department. I don't think it can simply be laid at the feet of reclusive boosters and definitely not at the feet of trustees. Just lack of vision, energy, leadership, determination, strength, sophistication ... and the team right now is the perfect reflection of that. Sadly, I see the same walking wounded pathology all the time in medium to large businesses and organizations. I'm not sure yet what specifically causes it, but there's a lot of it going around. Maybe it is just pandemic apathy. I hope there IS a cure.

I live in Ga surrounded by UGA fans. My daughter and I are the only AU fans I know. We texted back and forth during the game.  All my UGA buddies are usually texting me or calling me during the game giving me heck. I've been known to turn my phone off during the game because of this. Sad thing is yesterday no one even texted or called during or after the game to rub it in. It's like them beating us was a given win before the game .

• Like 1

Well, Georgia has been in the same position we are in.  They only beat Florida like twice in 15 years. Eventually these things work themselves out. However, nothing will change if we keep this guy around. 

• Like 1

I disagree. This occurred in 2012 and I am sure my more wise posters felt this with Barfield. Things always feel worse in the present. It will get better eventually. 

2 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

"The opposite of love isn't hate......it's indifference."  - author I dont remember now

I think that line comes from the movie, "The Birdcage".