Uat vs UT - who do you like?

gr82b4au

10 hours ago, AUINSY said:

I don’t think people in general, and Bama fans in particular, give Kirby Smart the credit he is due for Bama’s dominance in the Nick Saban era. But all of your points are valid and spot on. 

I’ve been suspecting this for a while now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

When your coach doesn’t run your star player into the ground, we would have knocked UGA in the mouth again 

Okay, so instead of admitting Tennessee also needs to compete for those two to be out of title convention in the average year, you think Auburn playing a perfect brand of football and beating two top 3 programs three combined times is more realistic?

This isn't even counting the fact that Auburn needs to have won virtually every other SEC game other than UGA and UA, or UA would still go to the conference title (in this crazy scenario where you say only Auburn should be counted upon to beat those two) even if we did beat them. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Okay, so instead of admitting Tennessee also needs to compete for those two to be out of title convention in the average year, you think Auburn playing a perfect brand of football and beating two top 3 programs three combined times is more realistic?

This isn't even counting the fact that Auburn needs to have won virtually every other SEC game other than UGA and UA, or UA would still go to the conference title (in this crazy scenario where you say only Auburn should be counted upon to beat those two) even if we did beat them. 

I’m not trying to argue or win an argument with you. Auburn football needs to get back to where it needs to be. That’s my point. Other programs can do whatever they want. Auburn football doesn’t need to make boneheaded calls. Are you implying for Auburn to be dependent on other schools to compete? If so, then that’s exactly where our rivals want us. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly why our previous coach was fired. I could be wrong. But Auburn needs to play Auburn football. Period. 

All I’m advocating for is Auburn controlling it’s own destiny, and being in a position to beat anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AUINSY said:

I’m not trying to argue or win an argument with you. Auburn football needs to get back to where it needs to be. That’s my point. Other programs can do whatever they want. Auburn football doesn’t need to make boneheaded calls. Are you implying for Auburn to be dependent on other schools to compete? If so, then that’s exactly where our rivals want us. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly why our previous coach was fired. I could be wrong. But Auburn needs to play Auburn football. Period. 

All I’m advocating for is Auburn controlling it’s own destiny, and being in a position to beat anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Yeah, that's not what my original post said. My original post said that Auburn alone beating either or both of those two does not prevent them from title contention. Auburn does need other teams to beat them for them to not to be in a position to make the CFP come the first week of December. 

56 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah, that's not what my original post said. My original post said that Auburn alone beating either or both of those two does not prevent them from title contention. Auburn does need other teams to beat them for them to not to be in a position to make the CFP come the first week of December. 

If we can compete with them any time any where, we control our own destiny. Bring them on again in the CFP. If we’re good enough to make the CFP, we should be good enough to beat them, or at least keep it in the ballpark. Are you scared to play them multiple times? If so, that’s the problem. Any team in the playoff has to beat multiple top 10 teams. THEY should be scared to play US. That’s our problem as a fanbase, that is fear of failure rather than possibility of success. 

Edited by AUINSY

22 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

We need Tennessee to get better.  Tired of UGA cake walking to the SECCG and Bama getting automatic wins against them.

22 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

This.   You can’t overstate how much Bama under Saban has benefitted from TN’s demise .     And you could throw UGUs rise as well.   

21 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We need UTk to be competitive to keep bama/UGA/UF in check. 

20 hours ago, AUINSY said:

We need AUBURN to be competitive to keep those fools in check. On to the next AD, coach, and stage of Auburn football!

Yes, my comment was a lighthearted joke about UT. Once they start rolling, they won't slow down.

Thank You AUFAMILY for not kicking me off your website. A lot of the AU folks hate me but I really enjoy the interaction. Saban is in his twilight but it has been an incredible run. Tennessee won a big game but will they win a NC? Who knows. I do have a lot of Auburn friends and I understand their frustrations. Maybe a good scenario will work out for you guys. I know you guys aren't happy with the current coach.  

• Haha 1