Auburn at Ole Miss predictions

gr82b4au

21 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

I predict that I will turn the game off in the 3rd qrt and start watching the baseball games.

Braves first pitch is at 2:07 ET on Saturday. Hope we can close it out in Philly as our Tigers are getting spanked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Braves first pitch is at 2:07 ET on Saturday. Hope we can close it out in Philly as our Tigers are getting spanked.

That would brighten up a disappointing day.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 5:53 AM, TeganInbama said:

Auburn will win this game. Our D matches up pretty well with them.

I'd love to see what analysis went into this statement.

Ole Miss has the 7th best rushing offense in the country at 242 rush yards per game. They have an absolutely dominant running game.

We rank in the bottom third nationally in run defense at 163.8 yards surrendered per game. We just came off a game wherein Georgia ran for 292 yards on us. Penn State ran for 245 yards on us. Our linebackers are beyond bad; this isn't a good matchup at all for us. The only "flaw" in Ole Miss' offense is that Dart can get over-aggressive with his throws, but we are a team that has just 1 interception on the year - and it came from Derick Hall. Our DB's have NOT shown any ability to pick passes off. 

Ole Miss is a better team than Penn State who absolutely whipped us in our own stadium; we are playing at Ole Miss tomorrow. For the life of me I can't see where this optimism is coming from. Players on this team are starting to give up, and we just flat out aren't good.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, autiger88 said:

Yep I'm done watching till that idiot is fired. Can't stand it anymore. 😒

Then you get to watch the cameras on the Boise OC and DC that the idiot hired.

Why start at that point?

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:30 PM, gr82b4au said:

Then I added in that we are the most penalized and turnover prone team I have ever seen (last in the country?).

Turnover margin

OM 57th .12 
AU 128th - 1.50

Fewest PENALTY yards per game

OM 57th 54.3 ypg 
AU 58th 55.4

On 10/12/2022 at 8:42 PM, TeamZero77 said:

Our backfield is talented but I think Tank is regressing. He will end up kicking himself for not transferring to Georgia when he had the chance. He will still get drafted but not as high as if he had played behind that UGA o-line. 

Disagreed. Kirbs has always equally rotated his 1A and 1B backs and sprinkled in the 3rd guy. He likely is kicking himself for not transferring for more yards and scores, but his draft position wouldn’t be affected. Scouts know how good he is. He’ll be drafted in rounds 3-4 regardless. 

Feeling like we’re totally outmatched by ole miss is just …. unnatural. Time for Hibernol (SNL) and sleep through this until early December.when it’s all over.

image.jpeg.f68f464ca8a187d19ae2d3770e25cd36.jpeg

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Then you get to watch the cameras on the Boise OC and DC that the idiot hired.

Why start at that point?

I was more hoping the whole gang would get fired 🤣

15 hours ago, metafour said:

I'd love to see what analysis went into this statement.

Ole Miss has the 7th best rushing offense in the country at 242 rush yards per game. They have an absolutely dominant running game.

We rank in the bottom third nationally in run defense at 163.8 yards surrendered per game. We just came off a game wherein Georgia ran for 292 yards on us. Penn State ran for 245 yards on us. Our linebackers are beyond bad; this isn't a good matchup at all for us. The only "flaw" in Ole Miss' offense is that Dart can get over-aggressive with his throws, but we are a team that has just 1 interception on the year - and it came from Derick Hall. Our DB's have NOT shown any ability to pick passes off. 

Ole Miss is a better team than Penn State who absolutely whipped us in our own stadium; we are playing at Ole Miss tomorrow. For the life of me I can't see where this optimism is coming from. Players on this team are starting to give up, and we just flat out aren't good.

What makes you think OM is better than PSU?

46 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

What makes you think OM is better than PSU?

Statistically they have both a better offense AND a better defense (more points and yards per game on offense and less points and yards allowed on defense). If you just watch them play and don't look at stats, it is very obvious that Ole Miss is much more dynamic and dangerous offensively. I could also point out that Penn State won 7 games last season, and Ole Miss won 10.

Penn State really hasn't  proven anything yet this season. Their best win is a 4-point win over Purdue. Ole Miss hasn't been challenged a lot yet either, but Penn State is coming off a very unimpressive 17-7 win over a 1-5 Northwestern team. Wisconsin, which just fired their HC two weeks ago, beat Northwestern to the tune of 42-7 last week.

2 hours ago, metafour said:

Statistically they have both a better offense AND a better defense (more points and yards per game on offense and less points and yards allowed on defense). If you just watch them play and don't look at stats, it is very obvious that Ole Miss is much more dynamic and dangerous offensively. I could also point out that Penn State won 7 games last season, and Ole Miss won 10.

Penn State really hasn't  proven anything yet this season. Their best win is a 4-point win over Purdue. Ole Miss hasn't been challenged a lot yet either, but Penn State is coming off a very unimpressive 17-7 win over a 1-5 Northwestern team. Wisconsin, which just fired their HC two weeks ago, beat Northwestern to the tune of 42-7 last week.

Stats you use are definitely true. Can’t use Ole Miss wins last year as they have new QB. Today should show us what PSU is. 

13 hours ago, metafour said:

You definitely called it correctly. I honestly thought they would show up better for this game. Good call my man!!!