How I would handle Harsin

alabastertiger

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

If I was in charge I would call Harsin into my office and tell him you're fired.   We can handle this 1 of 2 ways.   1.  We announce that you are fire and will be replaced by an interim coach, but you agree to take 4 million off of the buyout.   Option 2.  We announce that you will not be retained after this season, but you will coach the team for the rest of the games.   That means you will continue to take these butt whipping each and every week and we'll see who want to hire you after this season.   Which option do you want?

Just fire him for cause. He hasn't coached this team since the jump. He has acted more like a program destroyer than a coach. In fact, turn the tables on him, demand a full refund of all he's been paid. He's a contractor. He hasn't performed, can him now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

I can't think of his name but a coach at a mid west school not to long ago agreed to take less of a buyout, and there is a chance that we don't win another game.   That would hurt an already bad image of Harsin.   

Paul Chryst took less, but I don't know why he did so.

If I was Harsin and you said that, I would smile and say "option 2. Then I will do weekly interviews about how yall brought up a scam of an investigation against me and crippled my ability to recruit by bringing in my job security into question. I would say that you slandered my family. Also, I will only be reachable on my cell Sunday through Friday as I will be out fishing...if you need to see me face to face catch me at gametime." All the while eating a bag of spicy cheetohs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

I know I keep seeing folks saying he was set up to fail, I know they made his job a lot harder but he still is the coach and my argument is if he was a good coach then we would not be the train wreck that we are. It was HIS decision as to the offensive/defensive coordinators, it was HIS decision as to who to go after in the portal, it was HIS decision as to lackluster recruiting and not reaching out to HS coaches, its HIS decision as to gameplan and in game adjustments...on and on...

I agree that his job was made more difficult but there is plenty to lay at his feet, he has simply shown that he is not that good of a coach at least for the SEC at this point in time, he has nothing to show in the positive column for the most part at all.

It was his decision to fire a WR coach in the middle of the season of his first year on the job

2 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

So announce publicly that he's being fired but still expect him to coach the remainder of the year? This isn't Orgeron and LSU. He'd dip and I wouldn't blame him.

He's not leaving money on the table.  How in the world could you think he is?  If he wanted to do that he'd have done it in February.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Getting embarrassed every weekend isn't going to hurt his resume, EVERYONE knows he was not the choice the boosters wanted as Coach, and because of that he has been set up to fail.

Look at Matt Rhule he was terrible in the NFL and that didn’t hurt his resume one bit. I’m sure teams already contacted him

4 hours ago, clwn said:

Amazes me that coaches can suck at their job and not be fired for cause. Instead they are rewarded either way. Talk about a dream profession.

The percentage that can do that is infinitesimal. It's quite the opposite for the remainder.

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

He's not leaving money on the table.  How in the world could you think he is?  If he wanted to do that he'd have done it in February.

Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass what he does. 🤷

Edited by CAReeves2010

8 hours ago, alabastertiger said:

If I was in charge I would call Harsin into my office and tell him you're fired.   We can handle this 1 of 2 ways.   1.  We announce that you are fire and will be replaced by an interim coach, but you agree to take 4 million off of the buyout.   Option 2.  We announce that you will not be retained after this season, but you will coach the team for the rest of the games.   That means you will continue to take these butt whipping each and every week and we'll see who want to hire you after this season.   Which option do you want?

So, I take it you're not one of the candidates being considered for the AD job?

I feel better already.

Edited by Eagle-1

It’s a shame that incompetence cannot be considered as “cause” for termination. CBH is the football equivalent of Tony Barbee….let’s hope the next guy is football’s Bruce Pearl!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Why would anybody take option 1? Everybody’s taking option 2, you’re not going to fire me early and reduce my pay. Give me the full amount of money I’m owed. I’ll be okay 

But isn’t that what everybody thought Gus was gonna do?

26 minutes ago, penguin149 said:

It’s a shame that incompetence cannot be considered as “cause” for termination. CBH is the football equivalent of Tony Barbee….let’s hope the next guy is football’s Bruce Pearl!! 

Hoke is saying the OC and DC haven't even been out on the recruiting trail since the season started. amazing

• Sad 1
  • Angry 2

18 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Hoke is saying the OC and DC haven't even been out on the recruiting trail since the season started. amazing

They truly don’t get it and havn’t since they’ve been here.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

The percentage that can do that is infinitesimal. 

Unless you are a former Auburn coach. Haha

I agree with others about firing him with cause. He is not recruiting!!!! He will leave our program like we are on probation. Maybe that is his way of saying KMA. 

I’ve got to hand it to him though. He has united the AU fan base. Everyone wants him gone. If this season continues to spiral out of control, and if recruiting continues to tank, he will go down as the most disliked and worst hire in AU history. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 2

Serious question.. All we do now is project or give opinions about who the next coach will be. How do we know FOR SURE Harsin won't be back? I mean all signs points to him being fired... But, all we have is conjecture and common sense to suggest that. The latter sometimes doesn't find its way to our administration.  So, I ask this of anyone on here... With the Prez being tight lipped and no AD, how do we know FOR SURE he is gone... Do sources who are saying this have the ability to make it happen? 

26 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Serious question.. All we do now is project or give opinions about who the next coach will be. How do we know FOR SURE Harsin won't be back? I mean all signs points to him being fired... But, all we have is conjecture and common sense to suggest that. The latter sometimes doesn't find its way to our administration.  So, I ask this of anyone on here... With the Prez being tight lipped and no AD, how do we know FOR SURE he is gone... Do sources who are saying this have the ability to make it happen? 

He's gone bro I don't think we have to worry about that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1