Of course the Republican Party is racist

TexasTiger

On 10/19/2022 at 8:07 AM, TexasTiger said:

Bahahaha!  Congrats on posting the dumbest post of the year.  Look - I know you’ll be sad when the Dem’s lose next month, but nice try w/ “muh racism”. Such a clown!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So he deserves to be beaten; is that what you are saying?

WWJD?

That is not at all what I am saying.   I am saying the Florida Republican Party is paying racists to represent the party.

And, the facts in this case are still evolving.  It appears the right wing media may have gotten this one wrong.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That is not at all what I am saying.   I am saying the Florida Republican Party is paying racists to represent the party.

And, the facts in this case are still evolving.  It appears the right wing media may have gotten this one wrong.

Would Jesus forgive this man?  Why wouldn’t it be your go to position?

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Would Jesus forgive this man?  Why wouldn’t it be your go to position?

Incredibly disingenuous,,, even by your standards.  Don't do that, please.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Incredibly disingenuous,,, even by your standards.  Don't do that, please.

Yes, you are.

19 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

B5995404-C084-4010-9E99-B2DF55E1937D.png

Well, it's no wonder most blacks vote Republican.....huh?:rolleyes:

I'm betting you actually are aware of the actual history - the flip-flop of the Democratic south to the Republican south, after a Democrat pushed through the civil rights act of 1964.

So who exactly are you trying to fool?  You certainly don't think much of their intelligence.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, it's no wonder most blacks vote Republican.....huh?:rolleyes:

I'm betting you actually are aware of the actual history - the flip-flop of the Democratic south to the Republican south, after a Democrat pushed through the civil rights act of 1964.

So who exactly are you trying to fool?  You certainly don't think much of their intelligence.

It seems like you are stereotyping a race and speaking for them.  That seems kind of racist.  Which of those facts in my post doesn’t seem true to you?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, pensacolatiger said:

It seems like you are stereotyping a race and speaking for them.  That seems kind of racist.  Which of those facts in my post doesn’t seem true to you?

1) Referring to factual data about how most black people vote is not racist. (In fact, it's rather pathetic to suggest it is.)

2) The "facts" in your list are "literally" true, but they don't reflect the actual history - or current reality - of the matter, which was obviously your inferred point in posting them.  In other words, they represent either ignorance or a deliberate and disingenuous miss-representation of the truth.

Don't know how old you are, but if you are out of your teens, you should know better. 

If not, you really need to educate yourself on the history of politics in the late 19th and 20th centuries. Even though the major party names haven't changed, political alignment in this country has hardly been stable.

If you have time to actually read a book, here's a recently published one that might help:

https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691199511/steadfast-democrats

"Black Americans are by far the most unified racial group in American electoral politics, with 80 to 90 percent identifying as Democrats—a surprising figure given that nearly a third now also identify as ideologically conservative, up from less than 10 percent in the 1970s. Why has ideological change failed to push more Black Americans into the Republican Party? Steadfast Democrats answers this question with a pathbreaking new theory that foregrounds the specificity of the Black American experience and illuminates social pressure as the key element of Black Americans’ unwavering support for the Democratic Party.

Ismail White and Chryl Laird argue that the roots of Black political unity were established through the adversities of slavery and segregation, when Black Americans forged uniquely strong social bonds for survival and resistance. White and Laird explain how these tight communities have continued to produce and enforce political norms—including Democratic Party identification in the post–Civil Rights era. The social experience of race for Black Americans is thus fundamental to their political choices. Black voters are uniquely influenced by the social expectations of other Black Americans to prioritize the group’s ongoing struggle for freedom and equality. When navigating the choice of supporting a political party, this social expectation translates into affiliation with the Democratic Party. Through fresh analysis of survey data and original experiments, White and Laird explore where and how Black political norms are enforced, what this means for the future of Black politics, and how this framework can be used to understand the electoral behavior of other communities.

An innovative explanation for why Black Americans continue in political lockstep, Steadfast Democrats sheds light on the motivations consolidating an influential portion of the American electoral population."

----------------

If you don't want to read an entire book, here's an internet web sites that will help:

https://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-and-Publications/BAIC/Historical-Essays/Keeping-the-Faith/Party-Realignment--New-Deal/

If you want to know more about political party realignment in general, just search those terms.

Your post would be embarrassing to anyone who understands that history, so assuming you don't, I am doing you a favor.

Edited by homersapien

51 minutes ago, homersapien said:

1) Referring to factual data about how most black people vote is not racist. (In fact, it's rather pathetic to suggest it is.)

2) The "facts" in your list are "literally" true, but they don't reflect the actual history - or current reality - of the matter, which was obviously your inferred point in posting them.  In other words, they represent either ignorance or a deliberate and disingenuous miss-representation of the truth.

Don't know how old you are, but if you are out of your teens, you should know better. 

If not, you really need to educate yourself on the history of politics in the late 19th and 20th centuries. Even though the major party names haven't changed, political alignment in this country has hardly been stable.

If you have time to actually read a book, here's a recently published one that might help:

https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardcover/9780691199511/steadfast-democrats

"Black Americans are by far the most unified racial group in American electoral politics, with 80 to 90 percent identifying as Democrats—a surprising figure given that nearly a third now also identify as ideologically conservative, up from less than 10 percent in the 1970s. Why has ideological change failed to push more Black Americans into the Republican Party? Steadfast Democrats answers this question with a pathbreaking new theory that foregrounds the specificity of the Black American experience and illuminates social pressure as the key element of Black Americans’ unwavering support for the Democratic Party.

Ismail White and Chryl Laird argue that the roots of Black political unity were established through the adversities of slavery and segregation, when Black Americans forged uniquely strong social bonds for survival and resistance. White and Laird explain how these tight communities have continued to produce and enforce political norms—including Democratic Party identification in the post–Civil Rights era. The social experience of race for Black Americans is thus fundamental to their political choices. Black voters are uniquely influenced by the social expectations of other Black Americans to prioritize the group’s ongoing struggle for freedom and equality. When navigating the choice of supporting a political party, this social expectation translates into affiliation with the Democratic Party. Through fresh analysis of survey data and original experiments, White and Laird explore where and how Black political norms are enforced, what this means for the future of Black politics, and how this framework can be used to understand the electoral behavior of other communities.

An innovative explanation for why Black Americans continue in political lockstep, Steadfast Democrats sheds light on the motivations consolidating an influential portion of the American electoral population."

----------------

If you don't want to read an entire book, here's an internet web sites that will help:

https://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-and-Publications/BAIC/Historical-Essays/Keeping-the-Faith/Party-Realignment--New-Deal/

If you want to know more about political party realignment in general, just search those terms.

Your post would be embarrassing to anyone who understands that history, so assuming you don't, I am doing you a favor.

If the party I supported had such a racist history that I was ashamed of, I might post as much as possible to counter that fact too.  

If the party I supported had such a racist history that I was ashamed of, I might post as much as possible to counter that fact too.  

Republican: "The history of Democrats is nothing but racism."

Democrat: *Posts copious information about how the racists switched parties decades ago*

Republican: "Hey, Democrats, are you still beating your wife?"

• Haha 1

I give up. 

There's nothing I - or anyone else - can do to address willful, intentional ignorance. 

If you are that determined to make a fool of yourself, who am I to intervene?

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I give up. 

There's nothing I - or anyone else - can do to address willful, intentional ignorance. 

If you are that determined to make a fool of yourself, who am I to intervene?

The simple truth is the Democrat party hasn’t started to embrace loving one another, they’ve just shifted from wanting to enslave one race to enslaving an entire nation under communism.  “Muh democracy” is just a preview of the destruction they’ll push for when the next election doesn’t go their way.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

...they’ve just shifted from wanting to enslave one race to enslaving an entire nation under communism.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, pensacolatiger said:

enslaving an entire nation under communism

People are not enslaved by Democrats.  We are enslaved by an over class.  America is becoming one giant company town.

The destruction of organized labor, not taxing the wealthy at reasonable rates, deregulation of markets, not enforcing anti trust laws, refusing to address money in politics are NOT democratic positions.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

People are not enslaved by Democrats.  We are enslaved by an over class.  America is becoming one giant company town.

The destruction of organized labor, not taxing the wealthy at reasonable rates, deregulation of markets, not enforcing anti trust laws, refusing to address money in politics are NOT democratic positions.

I actually agree with most of what you’re saying here, but don’t agree on who’s allowing it.  In the last two years, one of the greatest transfers of wealth have occurred from the middle class to banks and hedge funds.  Banks and hedge funds are holding the market hostage right now because they don’t want to relinquish what they gained betting on losses (illegally). This is all unfolding under a Democrat majority watch.  Gary Gensler, SEC Chair appointed by Biden has publicly acknowledged the felonies banks and hedgefunds are committing against American investors.  Maxine Waters, the chair of the financial services committee acknowledged felonies committed in an open hearing.  Are Republicans clean in this, hell no.  But to close your eyes and ears and scream Democrats are the solution to the wealth/tax problems is just absurd at this point.

18 minutes ago, pensacolatiger said:

I actually agree with most of what you’re saying here, but don’t agree on who’s allowing it.  In the last two years, one of the greatest transfers of wealth have occurred from the middle class to banks and hedge funds.  Banks and hedge funds are holding the market hostage right now because they don’t want to relinquish what they gained betting on losses (illegally). This is all unfolding under a Democrat majority watch.  Gary Gensler, SEC Chair appointed by Biden has publicly acknowledged the felonies banks and hedgefunds are committing against American investors.  Maxine Waters, the chair of the financial services committee acknowledged felonies committed in an open hearing.  Are Republicans clean in this, hell no.  But to close your eyes and ears and scream Democrats are the solution to the wealth/tax problems is just absurd at this point.

The only party willing to even talk about the issue of inequality and the contributing policies is the Democratic Party. 

Republicans next move is more tax breaks for the wealthy (overtly and covertly) while, robbing the American people of the entitlements they have paid for.

Politics is not about the red or blue team.  Politics is civilized class warfare.  Getting you to ignore that facts is what political media is all about.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

The only party willing to even talk about the issue of inequality and the contributing policies is the Democratic Party. 

Republicans next move is more tax breaks for the wealthy (overtly and covertly) while, robbing the American people of the entitlements they have paid for.

Politics is not about the red or blue team.  Politics is civilized class warfare.  Getting you to ignore that facts is what political media is all about.

It's a pretty brilliant move honestly. Show propaganda claiming the other side is full of Communists, killing babies, and transing the youth. All the while they are openly robbing the lower and middle class and giving extra benefits to the upper class.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, homersapien said:

I mean that literally IS the reasoning Republicans give for why barely any Blacks support them. 

For the most part Republicans believe that Black people vote majority Democrat because they are dumb, or too lazy, or too greedy and only want handouts. 

Black people understand US history and politics WAY better than most Republicans do. They know which side of the political aisle is most welcoming to racists and bigots and they know which side is the one that advocates for them and their rights along with everyone else. 

As a Black person in the Republican party, you'll always be second class to a white Christian, and you'll always be forced to stand side by side other Republicans who hate your existence and think you shouldn't have rights. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

And as for the tired, stupid argument that Democrats were the racists a long time ago. 

Lets get this out of the way yet again:

Yes, Democrats have a history of racism and slavery and there have been many Democrats in the past who did terrible things.

That is 10000% True. 

But that doesn't change what the reality is TODAY. I'm not a Democrat because I'm proud of what they did or believed in 100 years ago. I'm a Democrat because I support what they stand for today. 

Yes, Democrats founded the confederacy and the KKK. 

But today it's the Republicans that outed/current/former KKK members support; and it's Republicans who fly the confederate battle flag outside their homes, on their vehicles and at political rallies. It's Republicans who whine and cry about Confederate propaganda monuments being removed from parks and courthouses. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1