Ronnie Brown

TexasTiger

Guest Tigrinum Major
Look, I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but, fundamentally, what I am saying is that folks should let Ronnie worry about Ronnie, not us worrying about Ronnie.

Just a few months ago, we were all touting his virtues and how proud we were of him.  But now that he has "crossed over to the dark side" (and became a professional NFL guy, who will get big bucks), many of us seem to now dislike him...lumping him already into the pot of spoiled, mega-rich professional ballplayers.

And, who knows, he may have already become Darth Brown...but I don't really care.

Moreover, this bickering among us about one of our own is just plain silly.  Save the torpedoes for the turds down the road!

172465[/snapback]

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, BUT, Ronnie signed a contract with an AGENT. It is the JOB of the AGENT to get Ronnie as much $$$$ as possible. Morover, the AGENT is the person doing the barganing and he gets PAID based on just how much he is able to get for Ronnie. We may be calling the wrong pot/kettle black. :blink:

172472[/snapback]

The player still has a say in what he accepts as far as an offer sheet. Ronnie could be getting advice from the agent, but ultimately, he is the one calling the shots. I don't care if Ronnie never plays a down for the Phins or if he ever signs a contract. That won't make him a bad person in my eyes. He is looking out for his longterm future and obviously has the means to make it while he holds out. The NFL ain't college football. There is no loyalty to or from the team besides the dollars. They could trade him tomorrow. I hope Ronnie gets all he can and when he gets to camp, blows them away.

Hell, if his teammates and coach will welcome back Rickey, Ronnie holding out for a few million is small potatoes in their eyes. Running back takes the least amount of time to prepare and adjust to the NFL than any other position.

JMHO.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, BUT, Ronnie signed a contract with an AGENT. It is the JOB of the AGENT to get Ronnie as much $$$$ as possible. Morover, the AGENT is the person doing the barganing and he gets PAID based on just how much he is able to get for Ronnie. We may be calling the wrong pot/kettle black. :blink:

172472[/snapback]

The player still has a say in what he accepts as far as an offer sheet. Ronnie could be getting advice from the agent, but ultimately, he is the one calling the shots. I don't care if Ronnie never plays a down for the Phins or if he ever signs a contract. That won't make him a bad person in my eyes. He is looking out for his longterm future and obviously has the means to make it while he holds out. The NFL ain't college football. There is no loyalty to or from the team besides the dollars. They could trade him tomorrow. I hope Ronnie gets all he can and when he gets to camp, blows them away.

Hell, if his teammates and coach will welcome back Rickey, Ronnie holding out for a few million is small potatoes in their eyes. Running back takes the least amount of time to prepare and adjust to the NFL than any other position.

JMHO.

172482[/snapback]

The player has ultimate say...for instance, Carnell told his agent to negotiate and get as much as he could, but he wanted a deal done in time for Carnell to be in camp on day one. At 3:00 in the morning the day training camp started Carnell signed a deal and later that day, he was on his way to already winning the first string RB job.

Look, I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but, fundamentally, what I am saying is that folks should let Ronnie worry about Ronnie, not us worrying about Ronnie.

Just a few months ago, we were all touting his virtues and how proud we were of him.  But now that he has "crossed over to the dark side" (and became a professional NFL guy, who will get big bucks), many of us seem to now dislike him...lumping him already into the pot of spoiled, mega-rich professional ballplayers.

And, who knows, he may have already become Darth Brown...but I don't really care.

Moreover, this bickering among us about one of our own is just plain silly.  Save the torpedoes for the turds down the road!

172465[/snapback]

"Dislike him?" What are you reading? We can have opinions on whether a guy should get to camp. We don't control that, he does. We can have opinions on his offseason conditioning, too. And how he deals with the press. And so on. It's an opinion board. Obviously he calls his own shots. I don't think anyone has really "torpedoed" him. Like Titan said, Carnell made a point of getting to camp. If we can be impressed by that and praise it, we can less than impressed with a holdout when the money is pretty good. I want Ronnie to be successful and think he will be. But some of these "what did that guy get" games can look pretty silly.

Stating that RB has issues and is greedy ain't exactly words of love.

Quite frankly, this topic has taken on an oblique life of its own and has become a dart board for venting against professional ballplayers.

I am moving on to more positive things about AU. I simply don't have the time, nor patience, nor inclination to continue this. And I'm not saying that to get in a parting shot...I simply want to concentrate on the upcoming season and all the great things at AU (unlike what is going on at that thug-palace UT!).

Archived