Question About Freeze

Potatooooooes!!

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Would he have won big at Ole Miss if not for his illegal recruiting tactics, which helped him land Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Treadwell, Conner and others?

I get it…it’s the Wild West now. BUT, it wasn’t then. And he chose to deliberately…not just break… crush the rules then.

As Charlie Murphy said about Rick James…”He’s a habitual line stepper.”

Who knows, but I’ll pose the same question to you: did he cheat or is he cheating at Liberty?

5 hours ago, metafour said:

What facts? He just brought up a bunch of different screenshots that talk about literally two incidents that everyone already knows about.

Everyone knows what happened at Ole Miss. That was ~7 years ago, dawg. It was bad, but the part you completely ignore is that Hugh Freeze is extremely good at talking and selling himself. He is preacher-level good. So when you say it's going to be easy to negatively recruit against him, you ignore the fact that he has a say in the entire situation too and he can go into living rooms himself and shake and jive as good as anyone. Do you understand that he already has players from P5 teams transferring in to play for him at Liberty? Multiple players from Auburn and other SEC schools; he has a QB from Tennessee (Kaidon Salter), a QB from Utah who also started multiple years at Baylor (Charlie Brewer), etc, etc. So he has already proven and continues to prove that he can recruit past the "negative attention". If you were right, he wouldn't be able to do what he's already doing at Liberty. But you're wrong, that's the point. Hugh Freeze is an elite level recruiter and salesman. Guys like that can change peoples minds real quick, and that's what you don't appreciate.

Brian Kelly literally made a decision that led to a kid DYING during practice years ago and that man is currently recruiting and recruiting well at LSU. By the way, Deion Sanders allegedly choked his ex-wife and he's admitted to choking another man (D.L. Wallace) during his "Prime Prep" days. Do you notice that no recruit in the country seems to give a s*** about that? It doesn't sound nice, but most elite level recruits and their families aren't looking for the most Mr. Rogers-esque coach to play under. They want to win, they want to develop, they want to get paid, and they want to go to the NFL. 

People like you don't look through the eyes of an elite potentially impoverished inner-city football recruit, you attach your own values and beliefs and pretend they're universal. Oh no he DM'd someone suing who is Liberty! The horror! Do you understand that this is entirely a Twitter issue and has no football implications at all? I can guarantee you any amount of money that that "situation" means next to nothing in a recruit's living room. Literally none. That entire story went nowhere by the way because he didn't follow up with anything, and if you actually read the message he sent, he didn't even say or imply anything incriminating to the woman. So what you really have is an event that took place at Ole Miss ~7 years ago, and a non-story that took place this past year at Liberty.

I'm not claiming that this is a good man or that he isn't a risk to do something dumb, but I'm also not stupid enough to look past the fact that he is an elite level football coach and possesses all of the qualities that will work big-time at Auburn. He is a GREAT recruiter. He is GREAT with boosters and schmoozing with money men (hellooo...NIL?). On the field he keeps winning and he's doing it by taking crap jobs that are performing poorly and turning them around almost immediately. His football resume speaks for itself, but alas most AU fans wouldn't know a good coach if he smacked them upside the head. He is currently 7-1 at Liberty with a 1-point loss against a Top 15 Wake Forest team...while playing 3rd and 4th string QB's for basically the entire season lmao.

Also, he didn't JUST "beat Bama". He has beaten LSU - multiple times. Beat Auburn. Beat A&M - multiple times. He beat Kirby Smart at Georgia. He beat Mack Brown at Texas. He did this all at OLE MISS - a school that had won 6 games combined in the previous two years to him taking the job. He is 5-2 in Bowl Games. He beat Dan Mullen multiple times in the Egg Bowl. He has won SEC games on the road against bigger programs than his own.

And here's the kicker: he did that all without a Cam Newton or a Johnny Manziel. Who was his QB at Ole Miss? Bo Wallace? He came a hair away from beating three straight seasons. Nobody does that, especially at Ole Miss. And before anyone says Malzahn and how he beat Saban: it is actually AUBURN That has this magic quality of always being able to challenge Bama. It has nothing to do with Malzahn. You literally saw that last season as the worst AU coach of all time - Bryan Harsin - almost beat Saban and Bama. In fact he should have beaten them. Malzahn beating Saban a few times while at Auburn is not even remotely comparable to what Hugh Freeze did at Ole Miss. 

I'm not suggesting that Hugh Freeze should be anyone's top target or that he has no risk or that he should be given this job, but anyone who can't see his elite coaching resume and skillset knows next to nothing about football - point blank. He would absolutely kill it here at Auburn and would win 10+ games a year. This program is 10x stronger than Ole Miss, it's not even close.

Wow, what a post !

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Would he have won big at Ole Miss if not for his illegal recruiting tactics, which helped him land Nkemdiche, Tunsil, Treadwell, Conner and others?

I get it…it’s the Wild West now. BUT, it wasn’t then. And he chose to deliberately…not just break… crush the rules then.

As Charlie Murphy said about Rick James…”He’s a habitual line stepper.”

Gotta push back here a little. I went back and looked at the NCAA report.  Freeze wasn't implicated for being involved in it. He was implicated for not knowing his assistants were doing it. Big difference here. That's why his show cause wasn't very long. Now, whether he actually was involved first hand can be debated. But according to the NCAA he wasn't. 

6 hours ago, metafour said:

What facts? He just brought up a bunch of different screenshots that talk about literally two incidents that everyone already knows about.

Everyone knows what happened at Ole Miss. That was ~7 years ago, dawg. It was bad, but the part you completely ignore is that Hugh Freeze is extremely good at talking and selling himself. He is preacher-level good. So when you say it's going to be easy to negatively recruit against him, you ignore the fact that he has a say in the entire situation too and he can go into living rooms himself and shake and jive as good as anyone. Do you understand that he already has players from P5 teams transferring in to play for him at Liberty? Multiple players from Auburn and other SEC schools; he has a QB from Tennessee (Kaidon Salter), a QB from Utah who also started multiple years at Baylor (Charlie Brewer), etc, etc. So he has already proven and continues to prove that he can recruit past the "negative attention". If you were right, he wouldn't be able to do what he's already doing at Liberty. But you're wrong, that's the point. Hugh Freeze is an elite level recruiter and salesman. Guys like that can change peoples minds real quick, and that's what you don't appreciate.

Brian Kelly literally made a decision that led to a kid DYING during practice years ago and that man is currently recruiting and recruiting well at LSU. By the way, Deion Sanders allegedly choked his ex-wife and he's admitted to choking another man (D.L. Wallace) during his "Prime Prep" days. Do you notice that no recruit in the country seems to give a s*** about that? It doesn't sound nice, but most elite level recruits and their families aren't looking for the most Mr. Rogers-esque coach to play under. They want to win, they want to develop, they want to get paid, and they want to go to the NFL. 

People like you don't look through the eyes of an elite potentially impoverished inner-city football recruit, you attach your own values and beliefs and pretend they're universal. Oh no he DM'd someone suing who is Liberty! The horror! Do you understand that this is entirely a Twitter issue and has no football implications at all? I can guarantee you any amount of money that that "situation" means next to nothing in a recruit's living room. Literally none. That entire story went nowhere by the way because he didn't follow up with anything, and if you actually read the message he sent, he didn't even say or imply anything incriminating to the woman. So what you really have is an event that took place at Ole Miss ~7 years ago, and a non-story that took place this past year at Liberty.

I'm not claiming that this is a good man or that he isn't a risk to do something dumb, but I'm also not stupid enough to look past the fact that he is an elite level football coach and possesses all of the qualities that will work big-time at Auburn. He is a GREAT recruiter. He is GREAT with boosters and schmoozing with money men (hellooo...NIL?). On the field he keeps winning and he's doing it by taking crap jobs that are performing poorly and turning them around almost immediately. His football resume speaks for itself, but alas most AU fans wouldn't know a good coach if he smacked them upside the head. He is currently 7-1 at Liberty with a 1-point loss against a Top 15 Wake Forest team...while playing 3rd and 4th string QB's for basically the entire season lmao.

Also, he didn't JUST "beat Bama". He has beaten LSU - multiple times. Beat Auburn. Beat A&M - multiple times. He beat Kirby Smart at Georgia. He beat Mack Brown at Texas. He did this all at OLE MISS - a school that had won 6 games combined in the previous two years to him taking the job. He is 5-2 in Bowl Games. He beat Dan Mullen multiple times in the Egg Bowl. He has won SEC games on the road against bigger programs than his own.

And here's the kicker: he did that all without a Cam Newton or a Johnny Manziel. Who was his QB at Ole Miss? Bo Wallace? He came a hair away from beating three straight seasons. Nobody does that, especially at Ole Miss. And before anyone says Malzahn and how he beat Saban: it is actually AUBURN That has this magic quality of always being able to challenge Bama. It has nothing to do with Malzahn. You literally saw that last season as the worst AU coach of all time - Bryan Harsin - almost beat Saban and Bama. In fact he should have beaten them. Malzahn beating Saban a few times while at Auburn is not even remotely comparable to what Hugh Freeze did at Ole Miss. 

I'm not suggesting that Hugh Freeze should be anyone's top target or that he has no risk or that he should be given this job, but anyone who can't see his elite coaching resume and skillset knows next to nothing about football - point blank. He would absolutely kill it here at Auburn and would win 10+ games a year. This program is 10x stronger than Ole Miss, it's not even close.

I think Deion would do great here. He is my first choice.  However, this one cat on here thinks he walks on water and tells ad nauseum how he hates Danny Hugh and how despicable he is. All this guy has to do is Google and look back at his hero's past. There are some very serious allegations made about him. Now,  like I said Deion would do well here. But, so would Danny Hugh. This talk about Hugh's past needs to be applied equally to the other candidate(s). Everyone needs to do some research.  They might be surprised what they learn.

• Like 1

I’m well aware of Deion’s past. If you haven’t noticed, he has been a different person in the past few years. Talk with people who know him. Yes, what he has done in the past cannot be denied, however, he has done nothing in the past years to counter the person he is now. You can’t say that with Freeze. Also, in all fairness, I’m open to all candidates besides Freeze. Yes, I have criticized other candidates in comparison to Deion, but I haven’t degraded their personality, just think Auburn could do better. Also, I know what kind of risk Deion would be. I just see more potential with him than others. But, back to Freeze, that’s where I draw my fandom. It is what it is….

9 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I’m well aware of Deion’s past. If you haven’t noticed, he has been a different person in the past few years. Talk with people who know him. Yes, what he has done in the past cannot be denied, however, he has done nothing in the past years to counter the person he is now. You can’t say that with Freeze. Also, in all fairness, I’m open to all candidates besides Freeze. Yes, I have criticized other candidates in comparison to Deion, but I haven’t degraded their personality, just think Auburn could do better. Also, I know what kind of risk Deion would be. I just see more potential with him than others. But, back to Freeze, that’s where I draw my fandom. It is what it is….

Guess we all have “fandom” to give or deny.

Point being. Nobody's past is squeaky clean. But I guess certain transgressions are worse than others and only some people can learn from their past mistakes.  All I'm saying is apply things equally when vetting candidates. The tweet thing, I've read has been debunked. And I have to believe it has other wise the vultures in the media would be eating Danny Hugh for breakfast.  All I see about the tweet now is on mssg boards when trying to justify their disdain for Danny Hugh.

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Who knows, but I’ll pose the same question to you: did he cheat or is he cheating at Liberty?

There really isn’t cheating anymore, unless of course, it’s on your wife, right Jill?

hillary-clinton-idgi.gif

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Gotta push back here a little. I went back and looked at the NCAA report.  Freeze wasn't implicated for being involved in it. He was implicated for not knowing his assistants were doing it. Big difference here. That's why his show cause wasn't very long. Now, whether he actually was involved first hand can be debated. But according to the NCAA he wasn't. 

Just keep it on the down low, cuz.

• Haha 1

Freeze managed to put Ole Miss in the Top 10 while competing in the toughest division in college football. And he beat UAT twice. And he has Liberty competitive against Power 5 teams. More competitive than Auburn. 

Those screenshots above—most recruits wouldn’t care. Do you think Malik Willis cared about Hugh Freeze’s phone records? He just wanted a chance to shine on the football field. 

1 hour ago, Auburnguy101 said:

It's great to know that you "draw the line" at a guy who's crime was allegedly having consensual sex with prostitutes (I thought sex-work was real-work?), but at the same time you're certain that a guy who has been accused of literally CHOKING A WOMAN on top of admitting to choking a man is now a changed man LMAO.

Talk about a hypocrite.

It took 7 years of radio silence and Hugh Freeze's latest "screw-up" is SENDING A DM ON TWITTER LOL. Throw him in jail! What a monster! This is how you know someone has an axe to grind: they try to overblow a minor event that no one really even cares about. The message he sent that woman wasn't even obscene, it was his usual stupid biblical crap. I'm sure she had nightmares for days! 

I didn't even know that you were a Deion Evangelist so your critique comes off even more absurd given the mental gymnastics that one needs to do do to pretend like Deion Sanders doesn't have more skeletons than most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

and Bama doesn't ?

To the best of my knowledge we are not considering hiring someone named Bama as our coach.

• Thanks 1

I keep going back and forth on Freeze. 

I think he would win a lot of games here and I'm not trying to exert some arbitrary moral authority. 

At the same time, he happens to be the exact type of person I hate. A complete phony, at a phony university, who espouses beliefs they don't even try to live in their real lives. 

So my list, in order, is Deion, Lane, Rhule, and Freeze. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cbo said:

I keep going back and forth on Freeze. 

I think he would win a lot of games here and I'm not trying to exert some arbitrary moral authority. 

At the same time, he happens to be the exact type of person I hate. A complete phony, at a phony university, who espouses beliefs they don't even try to live in their real lives. 

So my list, in order, is Deion, Lane, Rhule, and Freeze. 

Just my opinion.  But people of faith mess up, make mistakes etc. We aren't perfect. But for some reason come off as hypocritical when mistakes are made and brought to light. Just because he is outward with his faith doesn't mean he is perfect. But yes,  when you are outward with your faith you can expect to be skewered when you make mistakes cause the world is watching to make sure you are . 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just my opinion.  But people of faith mess up, make mistakes etc. We aren't perfect. But for some reason come off as hypocritical when mistakes are made and brought to light. Just because he is outward with his faith doesn't mean he is perfect. But yes,  when you are outward with your faith you can expect to be skewered when you make mistakes cause the world is watching to make sure you are . 

100%

"don't even try to live in their real lives"... you just don't know that. people can make mistakes, know they did/are doing the wrong thing, still not be able to control it, but they could be trying. who's to judge that they "don't even try?" not us.

Deion, Lane, Rhule... do they live "clean" lives? maybe, maybe not. but do they get a pass because they don't "espouse beliefs"?

18 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

100%

"don't even try to live in their real lives"... you just don't know that. people can make mistakes, know they did/are doing the wrong thing, still not be able to control it, but they could be trying. who's to judge that they "don't even try?" not us.

Deion, Lane, Rhule... do they live "clean" lives? maybe, maybe not. but do they get a pass because they don't "espouse beliefs"?

Correct. If Tim Tebo ever made a mistake like thus can u imagine the backlash

2 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Saban/Bama is that better

We're not hiring Saban either. Cheating at Tuskaloser has nothing to do with Auburn's coaching search.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We're not hiring Saban either. Cheating at Tuskaloser has nothing to do with Auburn's coaching search.

and we're not hiring lane and or Deion, you know what I meant.

On 11/1/2022 at 10:26 PM, metafour said:

It's great to know that you "draw the line" at a guy who's crime was allegedly having consensual sex with prostitutes (I thought sex-work was real-work?), but at the same time you're certain that a guy who has been accused of literally CHOKING A WOMAN on top of admitting to choking a man is now a changed man LMAO.

Talk about a hypocrite.

It took 7 years of radio silence and Hugh Freeze's latest "screw-up" is SENDING A DM ON TWITTER LOL. Throw him in jail! What a monster! This is how you know someone has an axe to grind: they try to overblow a minor event that no one really even cares about. The message he sent that woman wasn't even obscene, it was his usual stupid biblical crap. I'm sure she had nightmares for days! 

I didn't even know that you were a Deion Evangelist so your critique comes off even more absurd given the mental gymnastics that one needs to do do to pretend like Deion Sanders doesn't have more skeletons than most.

Freeze is trash man. Look at his SEC record, it's Harsin like.

image.png

• Haha 3