My final take on Freeze

auburnatl1

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Freeze is a good football coach and, a pitiful human being.  There is really nothing else to know or, say.  The rest is just rationalizing.

Agree. The exact same can be said about Meyer, who coached a murdering gang member and Briles who turned the other cheek on assaults. Hell Paterno was ruined whether or not he had knowledge of everything going on under his nose or not. Freeze is not my first choice by any stretch, but while there are many coaches that are actually good who don’t have some type of baggage, the college game is changing into a minor league of the NFL, so maybe some of the corners that were cut 20 plus years ago are gone, but there are still coaches as it’s been pointed out that have zero morals and are good. Take from all of this as you will, but I still think we should make it damn near impossible for LK to not come here. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Arkansas is a second half team. They will storm back probably 

That's only against us.. Danny Hugh's team is in good shape to win this'un. Liberty D is impressive 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

That's only against us.. Danny Hugh's team is in good shape to win this'un

Still very early …lol

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Have u looked into Deions past?

The Prime Academy fiasco will be brought up for sure. My view is CDS went in with noble intentions, got scammed and handled it poorly when he figured it out. 

Having said that, everyone we're looking at has significant extra curricular baggage except Grimes. 

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Great. Our future is being dictated to some by arky again.  10 years of this.

You Deion sanders fans are the worst lol. 

Even if the piglets come back, still an impressive showing by Danny Hugh's bunch

I agree. They gave up a bad flag at the very end. I just hate the Deion sanders fans. Super freaking obnoxious 

3 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

The Prime Academy fiasco will be brought up for sure. My view is CDS went in with noble intentions, got scammed and handled it poorly when he figured it out. 

Having said that, everyone we're looking at has significant extra curricular baggage except Grimes. 

He got more than that in his past, LOL... My point is if we gonna scour Danny Hugh over his past,  gotta do the same for Deion and Lane. It's only fair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I agree. They gave up a bad flag at the very end. I just hate the Deion sanders fans. Super freaking obnoxious 

He is my 1st choice( Deion) , but he isn't above reproach.  Be fair and hold everyone to the same standards. 

• Like 1

He is my 1st choice( Deion) , but he isn't above reproach.  Be fair and hold everyone to the same standards. 

Right he is my #1 too but the Deion Sanders cult who can’t be objective is a major annoyance. He will do no wrong if he gets here.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You Deion sanders fans are the worst lol. 

I didn’t realize this was now tribal.  Regardless, I’m sure Kirby and saban also agree freeze is a brilliant idea.

• Like 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

I didn’t realize this was now tribal.  Regardless, I’m sure Kirby and saban also agree freeze is a brilliant idea.

You make it a tribal by your bias. So corny.

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Regardless, I’m sure Kirby and saban also agree freeze is a brilliant idea.

Two guys that lost against him while he was at mighty Ole Miss?

Great point man!

• Haha 5

Freezes Record at Ole Miss

Ranked Opponents in SEC and OOC 12-16

Freezes Record in the SEC is 19-21 

Record when team is ranked in the top ten 5-10

Bowl Record 3-1

Against each SEC Team:

Alabama Record 2-3

Texas AM 3-2

Auburn 2-3

Arkansas 2-3

Georgia 1-1

Vandy 3-2

LSU 2-3

Egg Bowl 2-3

Missouri 0-1

Tenn 1-0

Florida 0-1

Edited by autiger88

4 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

What am I missing?

Something about being accused of choking someone? Don't worry, it'll only be brought up  in the national media if/when he takes the job at Auburn and nowhere else!

So after reading through everyone's reply and opinion I come away with one common conclusion. The "I am right and you are wrong only my view matters" approach is what is best. 

The truth is this. We are going to be fortunate to get ANY of these names being floated (Even Grimes) so instead of arguing about who is better than the other (Morally or as a coach) let's just pull for Caddy for the next 5 games (believing we will go bowling) and stop being a group of Bickering know-it-all fans

I admit I have been critical of DHF but the truth is he (nor any of the others) hasn't done anything that a large majority of us haven't done before and/or currently doing so we must get off the path of self destruction as a fan base and UNITE and support OUR university and program

War Eagle and Good day 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

What am I missing?

1) His ex-wife accused him of choking her

2) He actually choked some guy over the Prime Prep fallout

Has anyone changed their mind on HF as a result of this thread yet? Just curious. 

• Like 1