Jeffrey M'ba

Swamp Eagle

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Did anyone else see his push vs the MSU line? That dude is gonna be a good un...

I'm counting on that. 

M'ba amongst others...I'm not sure why the premise of using depth was just blatantly ignored by the previous regimes. It's not like the starting guys looked so overwhelmingly good or something. Those rotational guys had heart. We got consistent pressure against a guy who can get the ball out almost immediately some plays. This team couldn't get this type of pressure against teams half as good as MSU, and our DL being dog freaking tired by halftime was a huge part of that 

• Like 4

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

Why hadn’t this guy played much up until tonight??? Crazy! 

Lots of players utilized tonight that we haven't seen much of.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

M'ba amongst others...I'm not sure why the premise of using depth was just blatantly ignored by the previous regimes. It's not like the starting guys looked so overwhelmingly good or something. Those rotational guys had heart. We got consistent pressure against a guy who can get the ball out almost immediately some plays. This team couldn't get this type of pressure against teams half as good as MSU, and our DL being dog freaking tired by halftime was a huge part of that 

Defense was a joy to watch and a lot of changes. Barton Lester and Levant really solidified MIKE and let OP play more in space, which he's good at. More rotation at DL, and JD Rhym taking over. 

Plus the adjustments were phenomenal. Leach and Rogers were very flustered and frustrated. That's extremely hard to do. Hats off to all of them 

• Like 5

Caddy comes in as HC and we start rotating people on the D-Line.  A novel concept I saw a plethora of different players on D-Line plus the two studs of the game Colby and Derrick who both looked like a wrecking crew. This was the best game the D-Line played all year.  Getting back to Mba he should have been getting PT all year. I know he is new to the game but that combination of size, speed and athleticism needs to play he is a disrupter even if he makes a mistake every now and then.

• Like 3

It was so refreshing to see guys get rotated all night. Mba is a monster and it’s sick that this was his first PT. How do you not rotate these guys in against inferior competition at the beginning of the year so they are useful later in the year? Just mind boggling. Rhym is super talented just mistakes from lack of PT. O-line same story. We have had contributors sitting on the bench all year who needed PT against Mercer, San Jose, Etc. Just wild.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, StuckMic91 said:

It was so refreshing to see guys get rotated all night. Mba is a monster and it’s sick that this was his first PT. How do you not rotate these guys in against inferior competition at the beginning of the year so they are useful later in the year? Just mind boggling. Rhym is super talented just mistakes from lack of PT. O-line same story. We have had contributors sitting on the bench all year who needed PT against Mercer, San Jose, Etc. Just wild.

At this point I hope that they get every rotational player plenty of reps and come the iron bowl we unleash the fury

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Why hadn’t this guy played much up until tonight??? Crazy! 

One of a thousand questions that remain unanswered about auburn football over the last few years. 

Literally was thinking last week where tf is M’Ba. Dude absolutely threw around a quality LT on one of his sacks. Potential is limitless. Announcers even said a man 6’6 315 should not be able to move around the edge like that. 

• Like 1

My son and I also noticed a bunch of guys getting PT that we hadn't heard of.

Ironically, you have to give credit to the one remaining Boise guy for a lot of what we saw last night - Schmedding. I've posted a couple of times that he was putting kids in a position to win, just didn't have enough depth. I think we can see now that it was Harsin who wasn't allowing him to play his depth. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

My son and I also noticed a bunch of guys getting PT that we hadn't heard of.

Ironically, you have to give credit to the one remaining Boise guy for a lot of what we saw last night - Schmedding. I've posted a couple of times that he was putting kids in a position to win, just didn't have enough depth. I think we can see now that it was Harsin who wasn't allowing him to play his depth. 

I’m not sure Schmedding would want you to call him a Boise guy.  He was at Eastern Washington for a lot of years, did 1 year at Boise before he came to Auburn.  He has more Auburn experience than Boise experience.  I think I remember when they hired him here, he was reluctant to come at first.  Maybe he didn’t really like Harsin.  

• Like 2

Shcmedding called a hell of a game for the final 3 quarters last night.  Not enough depth to stop them that last drive in regulation, imo.  Players were worn out.

32 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I’m not sure Schmedding would want you to call him a Boise guy.  He was at Eastern Washington for a lot of years, did 1 year at Boise before he came to Auburn.  He has more Auburn experience than Boise experience.  I think I remember when they hired him here, he was reluctant to come at first.  Maybe he didn’t really like Harsin.  

Maybe he didn’t really like Auburn!!