GOP's midterm losses were 100% Trump's fault. What say you?

NolaAuTiger

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If giving puberty blockers, cross sec hormones and gender affirming care to minors is not happening then why is California a sanctuary state for such activity?

California is going in the opposite direction. In September, Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a law that ensures transgender kids from out-of-state can safely access hormones or puberty blocker. The law also shields families from child abuse investigations or from being prosecuted for seeking gender affirming care. It’s the first law of its kind in the nation.

https://www.kqed.org/news/11930130/a-sanctuary-state-for-gender-affirming-care

I can't kick the ball until you stop moving the goalposts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

I can't kick the ball until you stop moving the goalposts.

You’re too afraid to kick the ball.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’re too afraid to kick the ball.

Well yeah, it was a chip shot until you moved the goalposts all the way to the UK.

How do you feel about minor children having breast augmentation surgery?  Should the government ban that practice?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Well yeah, it was a chip shot until you moved the goalposts all the way to the UK.

How do you feel about minor children having breast augmentation surgery?  Should the government ban that practice?

Yes, why would a minor need breast augmentation?  Watchful waiting.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, why would a minor need breast augmentation?  Watchful waiting.  

Well, maybe you should change up your narrative, that one is actually occurring.

Do you believe the state should have dominion over raising all children, from a medical standpoint?  Should all cosmetic procedures for minors be banned?

• Facepalm 1

Well, maybe you should change up your narrative, that one is actually occurring.

Do you believe the state should have dominion over raising all children, from a medical standpoint?  Should all cosmetic procedures for minors be banned?

You just can’t answer a simple question can you.  Minors can’t get a tattoo even with parental permission, can’t buy alcohol or cigarettes etc.  The government already has domain over minor’s health.  What would be the difference?

There is a difference between *need* a breast augmentation and *wanting* one.  A parent needs to be a parent.  They can wait until they are an adult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You just can’t answer a simple question can you.  Minors can’t get a tattoo even with parental permission, can’t buy alcohol or cigarettes etc.  The government already has domain over minor’s health.  What would be the difference?

There is a difference between *need* a breast augmentation and *wanting* one.  A parent needs to be a parent.  They can wait until they are an adult.

So, the government is better at regulating than parents plus medical professionals?

Sorry if I am not doing this correctly.  It's tough going from tattoos to medical procedures.  Doing the best I can to keep up.  Those darn goal posts are moving and spinning at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

So, the government is better at regulating than parents plus medical professionals?

Sorry if I am not doing this correctly.  It's tough going from tattoos to medical procedures.  Doing the best I can to keep up.  Those darn goal posts are moving and spinning at the same time.

Breast augmentation is an ELECTIVE procedure, like tattoos.  If parents could understand their role in protecting their children, the government wouldn’t need to step in.

Do you believe teenagers should make up their own minds about consenting to sex?  A lot of them do, but should all of them have that *freedom* by law?  Who would take advantage of that?

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Breast augmentation is an ELECTIVE procedure, like tattoos.  If parents could understand their role in protecting their children, the government wouldn’t need to step in.

Do you believe teenagers should make up their own minds about consenting to sex?  A lot of them do, but should all of them have that *freedom* by law?  Who would take advantage of that?

Sorry, I can only process one topic at a time.

Sorry, I can only process one topic at a time.

Ok, answer in two posts after thinking about it.  They are related.

3 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sorry, I can't keep up.  Are we talking about tattoos, surgeries, or sex?

All of the above to minors.  Should they be unrestricted to minors?

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I think you should decide for everyone.  You seem to be superior.

What a dodge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What a dodge.

Yes it is but, in my defense, you aren't being genuine.  You move through various other issue and, you change from children, parents, medical professionals making decisions to, children making the decisions without guidance. 

I think your motivation is fears, prejudices and, politics.  I do not believe your concern for individuals is real.

Furthermore, your insistence that children are being "mutilated" is absolutely a lie.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

27 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes it is but, in my defense, you aren't being genuine.  You move through various other issue and, you change from children, parents, medical professionals making decisions to, children making the decisions without guidance. 

I think your motivation is fears, prejudices and, politics.  I do not believe your concern for individuals is real.

Furthermore, your insistence that children are being "mutilated" is absolutely a lie.

They are all related.  My concern is for the children who maybe lead in the wrong direction.  Those children could simply wait to grow up just like the rest of us did.  Maybe as softer term could be used other than mutilation, how about being sterilized?  Does that work?

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

They are all related.  My concern is for the children who maybe lead in the wrong direction.  Those children could simply wait to grow up just like the rest of us did.  Maybe as softer term could be used other than mutilation, how about being sterilized?  Does that work?

So, you do know what is best for all children.  Is it even possible that there are any exceptions, any at all.  Is it possible that even one child benefits from changing their gender identification?

Moreover, you truly believe the government needs to intervene, the government is more equipped than the child, the child's parents, medical professionals?  Your fear mongering politics needs to be absolutely in charge of these individuals?

14 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So, you do know what is best for all children.  Is it even possible that there are any exceptions, any at all.  Is it possible that even one child benefits from changing their gender identification?

No, I don’t know what’s best for all children.  I do know that children don’t know what best for themselves until they are about 25 or so.  Before that they can only rely on authority figures for guidance.  If those authority figures are advocation sterilizing the child, it is wrong.

Gender dysphoria is real, but waiting has very few draw backs and a lot of rewards.

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Moreover, you truly believe the government needs to intervene, the government is more equipped than the child, the child's parents, medical professionals?  Your fear mongering politics needs to be absolutely in charge of these individuals?

The government is trying to catch up.  Like all leftist radical ideologies, they get implemented before government can react.  Once they are apparent, sometimes its too late, but not this time.  Sterilizing children before they have time to experience life is just plane wrong.  There is no downside of waiting until the brain matures before making this type of decision.

The medical professionals in this case are plastic surgeons, although a noble profession that fill a need, it relies on the patient to want (not need) the surgery.  They know that patient will be a life long medical patient.  The parents are complicit as the medical profession (therapists) have to honor what a child requests and could lose custody of the child (in some states) if they try to use *conversion* therapy by taking to the child and waiting it out.  It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy out of the mind of a child.

There are a lot of cases of kids de transitioning if its not too late (having bottom surgery) that regret their decision.  I sure there are ones that are happy with the decision, but why is it necessary to take puberty blockers, cross sex hormones and possibly surgery before the age of consent?

This maybe political to you, but its not for me. I’m sorry if you believe it is.

Before that they can only rely on authority figures for guidance.

So who is that authority, parents and medical professionals or, right wing politicians?

Gender dysphoria is real, but waiting has very few draw backs and a lot of rewards.

Is suicide a "draw back".

There are a lot of cases of kids de transitioning if its not too late (having bottom surgery) that regret their decision.

Not in this country.

This maybe political to you, but its not for me. I’m sorry if you believe it is.

Then why are you the one insisting the government needs to intervene?  Why is your political party the ones using this as an issue.  That statement is either dumb or, grotesquely disingenuous.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

So who is that authority, parents and medical professionals or, right wing politicians?

Whatever authority figures that advocate sterilization are wrong. Right wing politicians do not advocate for sterilization as far as I know.

40 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Is suicide a "draw back".

The threat of suicide is used as emotional blackmail with teenagers.  If suicide was a real threat, why haven’t we had a uptick in suicides because of gender confusion.  We haven’t..

In short is it one of the few drawbacks I mentioned.

49 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Not in this country.

Warning; language.

54 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Then why are you the one insisting the government needs to intervene?  Why is your political party the ones using this as an issue.  That statement is either dumb or, grotesquely disingenuous.

It is too bad that it became political, but it has.  The government needs to intervene to save these confused kids so they can grow up before making life altering decisions.  You can thank Biden, Loudoun County School Board and the COVID lock downs for bring this to the forefront.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:52 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Gender Identity is being taught in K-3 when children are susceptible to authorities such as teachers.  These type of subjects should not be introduced at that age as the students do not have the ability to discern the subject matter.  

On 11/14/2022 at 11:45 AM, I_M4_AU said:

You make up a lot of conversations in your head.  You might want to seek help.

Irony. 

On 11/14/2022 at 12:12 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Let’s get something straight.  Do you believe talking to children about sex by a stranger is OK in your book?  If this happened at any other institution or setting, including the church, America would be up in arms.  Are you OK with this?

Have you ever wondered why America is not "up in arms" about this?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 11/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, I_M4_AU said:

ICHY  is a one of a kind and likes to avoid meaningful conversations.  I’ll ask you; Do you believe talking to children about sex by a stranger is OK in your book?  If this happened at any other institution or setting, including the church, America would be up in arms.  Are you OK with this?

As to the *my children* comment, context matters and I was referring to the generic, not specific.  Why would that matter, anyway?  If I wasn’t personally involved it is still wrong to subject children K-3 to this subject matter.

I am not OK with aliens coming to earth, kidnapping people and administering anal probes to them.

But I am not going to become alarmed about it until someone convinces me it's actually happening.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2022 at 10:42 AM, I_M4_AU said:

believe pushing gender identity on my children without my permission is pushing leftist desires on other people.

You are an incredible liar.  NO, you're not making this political.

Secret (don't tell anyone):  Caitlyn Jenner went through the whole leftist transing program.  Unfortunately, the political transing part didn't take.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1