Thanks Jimbo!

AUght2win

43462A81-EFA6-483C-ABF0-EE735E726E81.thumb.jpeg.eb60fbdfaac029327b63c5d53b1aee90.jpeg

Seriously, I want to thank Jimbo for his work this season. He’s helped give Auburn fans gratitude and perspective that our situation could be so much worse! He really took it to another level tonight - helping us get a much needed when by benching his star player for arm sleeves (sounds like the player was thrilled btw).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know Jimbo we appreciate all you’re doing for us. Means a lot!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

43462A81-EFA6-483C-ABF0-EE735E726E81.thumb.jpeg.eb60fbdfaac029327b63c5d53b1aee90.jpeg

Seriously, I want to thank Jimbo for his work this season. He’s helped give Auburn fans gratitude and perspective that our situation could be so much worse! He really took it to another level tonight - helping us get a much needed when by benching his star player for arm sleeves (sounds like the player was thrilled btw).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know Jimbo we appreciate all you’re doing for us. Means a lot!!!

Surprised Jimbos not yet claiming we stole his plays again last night (see e.g. 2014 natl title game when he was losing).

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 1

Benched for wearing arm sleeves? Something that his opponents AND his teammates do? Yeah, that doesn’t add up.

To me, that sounds passive-aggressive.

If it’s not against team rules, and your teammates wear them, then you didn’t get benched for wearing them. 

There’s definitely more to this story. That was a dig at Jimbo. 

• Love 1

I hope that we don't drag our feet on a coaching hire.  Right now, Auburn is the best open position, but I'm starting to question whether TAMU might actually fire Jimbo Fisher.  They are probably going to lose to LSU, meaning they will finish 4-8, at best.  I'd be shocked if they paid his buyout, but if there is a school has the money to do it, it is TAMU.  I'm not saying that TAMU is a better job than Auburn, but they can probably pay more -- if they want to.  I'd hate for the TAMU position to open up this year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, miscram6 said:

I hope that we don't drag our feet on a coaching hire.  Right now, Auburn is the best open position, but I'm starting to question whether TAMU might actually fire Jimbo Fisher.  They are probably going to lose to LSU, meaning they will finish 4-8, at best.  I'd be shocked if they paid his buyout, but if there is a school has the money to do it, it is TAMU.  I'm not saying that TAMU is a better job than Auburn, but they can probably pay more -- if they want to.  I'd hate for the TAMU position to open up this year.

There will no doubt be more openings. Not sure about TAMU, but there are always surprises including unexpected retirements, guys poached by the NFL, etc… We definitely  don’t need to drag our feet and I don’t think we will. 

• Like 1

Does anybody think Moose would have made a difference?   Their QB went on a 0-13 streak, he couldn’t have placed the ball anywhere near Moose.

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

There will no doubt be more openings. Not sure about TAMU, but there are always surprises including unexpected retirements, guys poached by the NFL, etc… We definitely  don’t need to drag our feet and I don’t think we will. 

For once, I’m cautiously optimistic we won’t. New AD definitely grasps the situation. 

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We're not.

The bird has spoken. Which means that we will have a coach in place by Nov 27th... you heard it here first!

***NO SARCASM, FAITH IN BIRDS KNOWLEDGE***

Edited by Taker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m sure the sleeves probably started the issue. If I had to guess, JF wanted them off or adjusted for some reason, and the kid was then obstinate or disrespectful about it. Still, this tweet just shows the dysfunction. The kid is clearly taking a shot at Jimbo here for the world to see.

12 hours ago, Taker said:

The bird has spoken. Which means that we will have a coach in place by Nov 27th... you heard it here first!

***NO SARCASM, FAITH IN BIRDS KNOWLEDGE***

Hopefully one that has good history with the transfer portal 🤔