Round 5.0 Coaching Search:

AUY2K

33 minutes ago, au701948 said:

A real splash hire would be Franklin. But I know that’s daydreaming!!

James Franklin has that sexual assault by his players he left at Vandy.  Then took Vandy’s recruit with him to PSU.  

At this point just give Cadillac the job with a 2 year contract.  If it works, extend his contract and give him raises. If it doesn’t, he’ll leave the team stocked with talent.  Not like the last 2 coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, Zinzan said:

A couple years ago, Mario was practically a done deal, but fell through when they lucked into a PAC 12 championship. Maybe this time we land Lanning now that they’ve lucked out of the P12CG. 

Thanks but no thanks to Lanning. 

13 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

Are these legit options or just who you like? 

I'm not sure where the names come from originally but I did hear Brian Johnson and Dave Clawson on Jay G. Tate's Brain Drain show. The names come from a guy on the bunker/ON3 with the user name JHead. Seems to be knowledgeable from my experience. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
cleanup/clarify
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KnightTiger said:

Marcelo himself said he doesn’t know where the Johnson rumors are coming from

hoke said no chance of freeze

marshallsaid Roberts Cohan and mcglynn are the only three that know who the new HC is and no names being dropped 

^^This. Some of us are already bellyaching saying we’ve screwed this thing up and all we’ve really gotten are “sources are saying….”. Truth of the matter, not many really know what is really going on and how close we are to hiring a coach, whoever that coach may be.

Brian Johnson and the Eagles play tonight. Make guys like Dabo and Franklin say no today, and then you can fallback to Johnson tomorrow. The Freeze frenzy is feeling more and more like either Sexton leaking him to try and pin us in a corner, or Cohen leaking it to blow up the fan reaction and make it untenable 

15 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I'm not sure where the names come from but I did hear Brian Johnson and Dave Clawson on Jay G. Tate's Brain Drain show. The names come from a guy on the bunker/ON3 with the user name JHead. Seems to be knowledgeable from my experience. 

Anyone seek out Little Mook on this one yet?

• Haha 1

If this hire is a completely (yet) nobody, they won't last until the PTB (Rane) grows weary of a non-existent natty within two years.

I'm very afraid we are teetering on the edge of another Harsin-type hire.  Very afraid.

Actually, terrified.

Guest MustardSeed
5 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I just hope they're close, because if this thing drags on into December, we'll be getting nothing but the portal dregs by the time the new staff comes in.

As important as that is…hiring the right coach is a million times more important. Just look back 2 years…

Guest MustardSeed
4 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

^^This. Some of us are already bellyaching saying we’ve screwed this thing up and all we’ve really gotten are “sources are saying….”. Truth of the matter, not many really know what is really going on and how close we are to hiring a coach, whoever that coach may be.

Literally (and uncharacteristically) Marshall is the only one correct. No one outside of the ones actually making the decision know a darn thing. Everyone else is blowing smoke

According to folks on the 247 paywall it could very well be Friday before we have our new head coach 

Jeff Lee and hoke both said yella fella and harbert are two of the main power brokers lobbying for freeze and if enough of our powerbrokers want him he’s likely the HC even if cohen is uncomfortable with it the  only thing simmering stuff for now is the backlash 

unless cohen goes rogue and hires Johnson or somehow lures in Dabo or Franklin I would say freeze is likely announced 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

If this hire is a completely (yet) nobody, they won't last until the PTB (Rane) grows weary of a non-existent natty within two years.

I'm very afraid we are teetering on the edge of another Harsin-type hire.  Very afraid.

Actually, terrified.

You're talking about the PTB (Rane) not having patience and will grow weary with no Natty within 2 years but you also seem just as impatient. Your comments make you sound like you're on the ledge and you may jump because of what the media is telling you. When Cohen gave his introductory press conference, he said it's a long process and it will get done when it gets done. Our fans were 100% behind him after that press conference. Fast forward to today and it is playing out exactly like Cohen said it would but the fans have turned on him for no reason whatsoever. 

That's one thing Harsin said that was correct; "Do you want it done right or do you want it done right now?" 

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

You're talking about the PTB (Rane) not having patience and will grow weary with no Natty within 2 years but you also seem just as impatient. Your comments make you sound like you're on the ledge and you may jump because of what the media is telling you. When Cohen gave his introductory press conference, he said it's a long process and it will get done when it gets done. Our fans were 100% behind him after that press conference. Fast forward to today and it is playing out exactly like Cohen said it would but the fans have turned on him for no reason whatsoever. 

That's one thing Harsin said that was correct; "Do you want it done right or do you want it done right now?" 

OK, I guess I'm impatient.  I am.  Just anxiously commenting...

10 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

According to folks on the 247 paywall it could very well be Friday before we have our new head coach 

Jeff Lee and hoke both said yella fella and harbert are two of the main power brokers lobbying for freeze and if enough of our powerbrokers want him he’s likely the HC even if cohen is uncomfortable with it the  only thing simmering stuff for now is the backlash 

unless cohen goes rogue and hires Johnson or somehow lures in Dabo or Franklin I would say freeze is likely announced 

Interesting 

Did anyone inform that guy Wolken that there is a huge difference between Bruce Pearl and Freeze!!

Freeze had call girls/prostitutes on speed dial!

Guest MustardSeed
16 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

You forgot to mention “unless the folks at 247 are entirely wrong like they have been this entire time and like they always are on coaching searches” so there’s that 🤣

12 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Did anyone inform that guy Wolken that there is a huge difference between Bruce Pearl and Freeze!!

Freeze had call girls/prostitutes on speed dial!

Wolken is a moron.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Well, if the people with the power and the $$$ want Freeze, it'll probably happen.  Might as well let them get it out of their systems.  I certainly can't stop them, but I will have a much lower opinion of them.  I'm sure they'll be torn up about that.  😄

• Like 1