Full DMs Leaked

Zeek

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Because it disappoints me how my fellow fans can become so desperate to win that they'd throw principal out the window. But maybe, just maybe... I can convince someone to agree with my opinion.

Serious question:  What coach would you have been happy with?  Keep it real (meaning someone who would have actually come to AU).

Another serious question I don’t remember….what approx percent of our fan base was upset about the Pearl hire? I may misremember but seemed a fair amount on this board. 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

BB, with all due respect, there is no way you can ask something like this without it transitioning to some sort of social construct from a political stance. 

I didn't necessarily need an answer just wanted people to think about when, where, and who we apply our own mental gymnastics to.  

Maybe I shouldn't have used a political figure. What about a friend or coworker? What about a favorite NFL player?  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Another serious question I don’t remember….what approx percent of our fan base was upset about the Pearl hire? I may misremember but seemed a fair amount on this board. 

quite a bit I can remember but it will seem that his transgression is much more forgiving . Just playing Devil’s advocate here. I am all for Freeze

19 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm not sure how many are actually against his hiring . To me it seems like a bunch are against it, but actually I think it's very few outside of the twitter warriors. Most who are for it won't get on twitter or come on this board and argue their points.  For that,  they are alot smarter than me

Yep you step away from this board and I have encountered a lot of Auburn fans excited for this hire. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Has any university ever hired a coach before with this much known and baked-in fan polarization? Or close to it? Would be interesting to see how it evolved.and ended up.

Yes.  Gene Chizik.  Remember the lunatic at airport.  Lol

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep you step away from this board and I have encountered a lot of Auburn fans excited for this hire. 

If they were not on this board, where plenty of people talk about the same things repeatedly, they probably had not really heard much about Freeze until a few days ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Serious question:  What coach would you have been happy with?  Keep it real (meaning someone who would have actually come to AU).

Grimes, Monken, Chadwell, Clawson, Curt Cignetti, M. Stoops, T. Will, McGee, Brian Johnson, Rich Rodriguez, John Somerall, Willie Fritz, Skip Holtz, Rhett Lashley, Manny Diaz, Jeff Traylor, Derrick Mason, Tyson Helton, Dave Doering, Matt Campbell, Matt Rhule... Just to name a few. And in no particular order...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Has any university ever hired a coach before with this much known and baked-in fan polarization? Or close to it? Would be interesting to see how it evolved.and ended up.

Greg Shaino was close at Tennessee, but they didn't have as much experience fighting a fanbase like our admin does...

2 hours ago, creed said:

Are all 12 ethics weighted equally and what is a passing score? Is it 100%?

69%

31 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Grimes, Monken, Chadwell, Clawson, Curt Cignetti, M. Stoops, T. Will, McGee, Brian Johnson, Rich Rodriguez, John Somerall, Willie Fritz, Skip Holtz, Rhett Lashley, Manny Diaz, Jeff Traylor, Derrick Mason, Tyson Helton, Dave Doering, Matt Campbell, Matt Rhule... Just to name a few. And in no particular order...

So you just picked a bunch of coaches out of a hat.  Come on name your top 3...

4 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

So you just picked a bunch of coaches out of a hat.  Come on name your top 3...

Of those "realistic" hires...

Grimes, Cignetti, Chadwell.

Not sexy, but when you've got an NIL warchest you've been flaunting you really just need someone who can manage a roster.

Edited by JBiGGiE
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Not sexy, but when you've got an NIL warchest you've been flaunting you really just need someone who can manage a roster.

Grimes was last for me. Chadwell was an emergency hire, if we literally could not get anyone.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Grimes was last for me. Chadwell was an emergency hire, if we literally could not get anyone.

Was Chadwell ever really an option? I'd rather watch paint dry than sit and wait for that offense to produce. Yes, it seems to work well for CC, but I cannot for the life of me see it being successful in the SEC.

Just now, CCTAU said:

Was Chadwell ever really an option? I'd rather watch paint dry than sit and wait for that offense to produce. Yes, it seems to work well for CC, but I cannot for the life of me see it being successful in the SEC.

No he wasn't an option but people were saying we were just going to hire Caddy, and I am like no. There are several other coaching candidates you can vet prior to that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

Chadwell has very little interest in doing what it takes to compete in the SEC. For example, he has been very adamant about carrying his entire staff with him in the past. That would be a repeat of what you just saw with Harsin.

The fact that you have boiled down having an "NIL warchest" as if it automatically makes a HC successful in this conference just sullies your entire position in this discussion.

Cignetti? Really? The 60+ year old with zero big-school HC'ing experience? What could go wrong? From James Madison to the SEC lmao.

• Like 3

there is a price/cost at which all the baggage is worth the fuss or at least taking a chance on the baggage, imo. 6 years/6.5MM is much to high imo. since 1) Auburn was making this move and 2) no one else was going after him (at least from what i understand) it would have been nice to see Auburn try and break the current paradigm of really high guranteed contracts and hire freeze at a low base and use a building incentive structure in his contract. if the guy is chomping at the bit to get back to prominence Auburn should have used that leverage more.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 12:16 PM, japantiger said:

Dude, I'm not the AD at Auburn because I made a lot more money running global businesses for 30 years...and everyone of them bigger than the Auburn athletic and infrastructure budget. Try again.  

Terrific. I'm sure all 100% of your employees, including leadership, have been 100% perfect for the entire 30 years. After all, the bar for business must be as equally high as it is for Auburn? Or even higher it sounds like? Right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fasttimes said:

there is a price/cost at which all the baggage is worth the fuss or at least taking a chance on the baggage, imo. 6 years/6.5MM is much to high imo. since 1) Auburn was making this move and 2) no one else was going after him (at least from what i understand) it would have been nice to see Auburn try and break the current paradigm of really high guranteed contracts and hire freeze at a low base and use a building incentive structure in his contract. if the guy is chomping at the bit to get back to prominence Auburn should have used that leverage more.

So would u rather overpay for Kiffin and possibly lose Caddy. Auburn got a deal which allows Freeze to put together an A1 staff and keep Caddy. Since he was hired some have changed to a wait and see mode because clearly u can see he wants to be at Auburn. 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Terrific. I'm sure all 100% of your employees, including leadership, have been 100% perfect for the entire 30 years. After all, the bar for business must be as equally high as it is for Auburn? Or even higher it sounds like? Right?

Hardly...the ones that screwed up, unfortunately, got fired.  What do some of you guys do for a living?  You sound like this is a new concept.

No business I know would hire a guy with this baggage...you wouldn't go pick up a guy from a competitor that had been fired from there for major misconduct.      

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Hardly...the ones that screwed up, unfortunately, got fired.  What do some of you guys do for a living?  You sound like this is a new concept.

No business I know would hire a guy with this baggage...you wouldn't go pick up a guy from a competitor that had been fired from there for major misconduct.      

So,  here we are. 

What do you propose we do about it now?  

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Yes they would. And only 1/2 of it is real baggage. That half is 8 years old. I know you're disgusted or whatever and you wouldn't on-board a salesman or a dock worker or whatever it is you ran globally. But this is different. Can you admit it? Can you admit that hiring a public figure that's been in trouble to be the head of a public institution has s*** do do with how you staffed your global enterprise? Come on man. Do it. I predict the squeels from the likes of you are the only fallout from this hire ever. Officially.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:33 PM, CCTAU said:

Not really. Many people are sincere in trying to understand others. Those people usually go about it in a way that is different than most of us. 
Sometimes they help the issue and sometimes they don’t. However it’s not anywhere as egregious as the haters want us to believe. 
Moving on.

so true! hugh was just trying to understand her is all! true reformed man of faith

4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Yes they would. And only 1/2 of it is real baggage. That half is 8 years old. I know you're disgusted or whatever and you wouldn't on-board a salesman or a dock worker or whatever it is you ran globally. But this is different. Can you admit it? Can you admit that hiring a public figure that's been in trouble to be the head of a public institution has s*** do do with how you staffed your global enterprise? Come on man. Do it. I predict the squeels from the likes of you are the only fallout from this hire ever. Officially.

Look, I see this is upsetting to you.  Maybe this internet thing is just too stressful for you.  I get it...having consistent principles and standards is hard.  But life is hard.  Making bad decisions makes it harder. 

Trying to pretend that I should alter my standards when making the 2nd most expensive hiring decision in the state of Alabama is ridiculous (Saban being the most expensive one).  Is hiring a public figure, different...only if you let it be.   Ever wonder how our politics got to be the s***-show it is...hint, compromising on the quality of the people we put in places of trust.     

• Like 1

4 hours ago, e808 said:

So would u rather overpay for Kiffin and possibly lose Caddy. Auburn got a deal which allows Freeze to put together an A1 staff and keep Caddy. Since he was hired some have changed to a wait and see mode because clearly u can see he wants to be at Auburn. 

Thats a false dichotomy but Didn't want kiffin precisely because we would over pay.