Freeze is Changing Things for the Better...

WillMunny

Danny Hugh hasn't even coached a game and some here are worried about Danny Hugh tarnishing Caddys legacy at AU . Folks Caddy is a grown man, no one forced him to stay with Danny Hugh. Just conjuring up something to worry about. I bet some of u cats have ulcers the size of basketballs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Danny Hugh hasn't even coached a game and some here are worried about Danny Hugh tarnishing Caddys legacy at AU . Folks Caddy is a grown man, no one forced him to stay with Danny Hugh. Just conjuring up something to worry about. I bet some of u cats have ulcers the size of basketballs

"If freeze done something Art Briles like"...People are weird man. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

"If freeze done something Art Briles like"...People are weird man. 

It's always the negative too.. why not this... If Hugh has success, it could help springboard Caddys career to a coordinator somewhere. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I am done with wasting time with people under this certain thing. People literally are manifesting their own personal feelings. Got a guy assuming Caddy is not for CHF even though there is a direct quote that says otherwise. 

Some people can't see the trees for the forest.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I am done with wasting time with people under this certain thing. People literally are manifesting their own personal feelings. Got a guy assuming Caddy is not for CHF even though there is a direct quote that says otherwise. 

Never once said that man.

Actually said I have no idea what Cadillac thinks or believes. But knowing how volatile fans can be and how quickly people (especially on this board) can turn on their own. Wanted to caution against the narrative you originally posted about. Seemingly wanting to link HF and Caddy together.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mims44 said:

Never once said that man.

Actually said I have no idea what Cadillac thinks or believes. But knowing how volatile fans can be and how quickly people (especially on this board) can turn on their own. Wanted to caution against the narrative you originally posted about. Seemingly wanting to link HF and Caddy together.

Why would you want to caution that is everyone else’s (not just mine) point? There is literally no reason to caution that . In fact , I added a quote specifically from Caddy stating how he is aligned with freeze , not solely as a coach but even with their faith . To suggest otherwise is just falsehood.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

immature and grandstanding Deion Sanders, and a lain brain (Kiffin) who is content to stay and rot at Ole Piss.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861fs89g2vaamcmql6o4

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would you want to caution that is everyone else’s (not just mine) point? There is literally no reason to caution that . In fact , I added a quote specifically from Caddy stating how he is aligned with freeze , not solely as a coach but even with their faith . To suggest otherwise is just falsehood.

I stated the reason in the post. You are being intentionally dense.

Your point?

You've went from saying Cadillac of course gives his 100% approval of HF (with nothing to back that, just stated it as fact) which I simply noted may not be reflective of reality, to then making a broad statement that seemed to say no one (at least outside McDonalds workers?) ever works for someone they don't 100% approve of (which I again disagreed with), to then linking HF and Caddy future together again.

I hope the best for Freeze, both on and off the field. Not just cause I want to see Auburn be a true powerhouse again, but because I (and just about everyone else) loves a great comeback story. I want to believe HF has changed and is a much better man than his past transgressions would suggest.

But I can hope for that and still understand that he would not be the first man to do something wrong, attempt to better himself, and then relapse. 

7 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I started this thread, and have read (and appreciate) all responses.  Both pro and con. 

And I feel the need to point out one thing that most CHF detractors are missing: my main goal in life is to have a sandwich named after me.

But while I'm waiting, I say "please, carry on CHF".  Thank goodness you are our HC instead of the immature and grandstanding Deion Sanders, and a lain brain (Kiffin) who is content to stay and rot at Ole Piss.

Optimism over Hugh Freeze cannot be compared to the initial optimism over Brian Harsin.  Freeze has already demonstrated better coaching hires, better portal presence, and a recruiting uptick that Harsin couldn't provide.

Our future is bright, and we are on the upswing, like we haven't been in a long time.

I'm looking forward to the fall when we can all reunite under Coach Hugh Freeze, and enjoy quality AU football once again.

Not to mention, I didn't have to google who in the hell Freeze was. :lol: 

When we hired Harsin half this board went into detective mode to figure out if the guy was even real.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

I stated the reason in the post. You are being intentionally dense.

Your point?

You've went from saying Cadillac of course gives his 100% approval of HF (with nothing to back that, just stated it as fact) which I simply noted may not be reflective of reality, to then making a broad statement that seemed to say no one (at least outside McDonalds workers?) ever works for someone they don't 100% approve of (which I again disagreed with), to then linking HF and Caddy future together again.

I hope the best for Freeze, both on and off the field. Not just cause I want to see Auburn be a true powerhouse again, but because I (and just about everyone else) loves a great comeback story. I want to believe HF has changed and is a much better man than his past transgressions would suggest.

But I can hope for that and still understand that he would not be the first man to do something wrong, attempt to better himself, and then relapse. 

Long post with insane theory. The irony lol. You keep manifesting dramatic theories.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148861fs89g2vaamcmql6o4

Sorry to tire you DAG.  I've always enjoyed your takes and posts.  Maybe I overreacted here.

14 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Sorry to tire you DAG.  I've always enjoyed your takes and posts.  Maybe I overreacted here.

Haha I was just joking man. I just don’t agree with the characteristics of Deion.

• Like 2

Just now, DAG said:

Haha I was just joking man. I just don’t agree with the characteristics of Deion.

OK, thanks, I understand.  WDE.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 8:03 AM, Carnell said:

He has not owned up if anything he has gotten worse.  At Ole Miss when he knew what he was going he dared the NCAA to investigate and find infractions against him.  Now you say he is proud to be at Auburn but he again tries to rub the NCAA nose in the ground by meeting a recruit wearing auburn NIL logo instead of keeping his head down and being passionate about Auburn.  He is a narcissist and Narcissist care about know one but themselves and that also includes the school where he coaches.

A shirt with NIL logo to rub the NCAA nose in it!!  Just stop, bro!!  You are reaching way too much here. How dare a coach go around wearing a shirt that promotes NIL?!?!

Heck, we should probably get the death penalty. Because I saw him give a press conference in front of a billboard that promoted Auburn’s NIL initiative. 

Seriously, If he is truly as bad a coach as you stated in this thread.  Then why are you digging so much?  If he can’t coach, this conference/division will expose that!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

A shirt with NIL logo to rub the NCAA nose in it!!  Just stop, bro!!  You are reaching way too much here. How dare a coach go around wearing a shirt that promotes NIL?!?!

Heck, we should probably get the death penalty. Because I saw him give a press conference in front of a billboard that promoted Auburn’s NIL initiative. 

Seriously, If he is truly as bad a coach as you stated in this thread.  Then why are you digging so much?  If he can’t coach, this conference/division will expose that!!

Silly stuff about the NIL shirt. IMO

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Premature thread.

Not at all premature. No matter what happens in the future, things have already been changed for the better. Now, if you want to say that when Freeze took over there was only one way for things to go and that way was up, I'll agree.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Things had to get better. This year is about tireless staff effort and massive meet-and-greets. So currently - if we announce a 3* commit, we’re ecstatic. Year 1: recovering from Harsin Year 2-whatever: recovering from late stages of Gus. The inability to recruit and compete with our rivals (uga, bama, lsu)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Things had to get better. This year is about tireless staff effort and massive meet-and-greets. So currently - if we announce a 3* commit, we’re ecstatic. Year 1: recovering from Harsin Year 2-whatever: recovering from late stages of Gus. The inability to recruit and compete with our rivals (uga, bama, lsu)

I can only speak for myself, but the only 3* that I turn my head for these days are O-linemen. I do get slightly pumped up about flipping 4* recruits though. That will always be fun for most Auburn fans. Hopefully bama really is in the downswing, and in the next couple of years, we can start to have comparable recruiting classes. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s definitely improving guys. 

3 minutes ago, Warnugget said:

I can only speak for myself, but the only 3* that I turn my head for these days are O-linemen. I do get slightly pumped up about flipping 4* recruits though. That will always be fun for most Auburn fans. Hopefully bama really is in the downswing, and in the next couple of years, we can start to have comparable recruiting classes. 🤞🏼

With Bama currently having the #1 recruiting class, the downswing thing seems a bit optimistic to me. And with uga at #2 and lsu at #5 - with virtually no 3*s  in their entire class - it’s going to be interesting going forward.

20 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

With Bama currently having the #1 recruiting class, the downswing thing seems a bit optimistic to me. And with uga at #2 and lsu at #5 - with virtually no 3*s  in their entire class - it’s going to be interesting going forward.

Yes, the word “hopefully” implies optimism. It also seems optimistic to me.    We’ll see in the next few years, but if this little improvement can be made in just a few weeks, then I don’t have too many issues with being optimistic. What’s the worst that can happen? More disappointment? 

You seem determined to stay in disappointment mode, even when obvious improvements are being made. Seems a bit pessimistic. 

Edited by Warnugget
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Warnugget said:

Yes, the word “hopefully” implies optimism. It also seems optimistic to me.    We’ll see in the next few years, but if this little improvement can be made in just a few weeks, then I don’t have too many issues with being optimistic. What’s the worst that can happen? More disappointment? 

You seem determined to stay in disappointment mode, even when obvious improvements are being made. Seems a bit pessimistic. 

Anti Freeze wants loses. They want implosion. Good luck 🍀 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1