Freeze is Changing Things for the Better...

WillMunny

42 minutes ago, Warnugget said:

Yes, the word “hopefully” implies optimism. It also seems optimistic to me.    We’ll see in the next few years, but if this little improvement can be made in just a few weeks, then I don’t have too many issues with being optimistic. What’s the worst that can happen? More disappointment? 

You seem determined to stay in disappointment mode, even when obvious improvements are being made. Seems a bit pessimistic. 

He, and several more, are Anti-Freezers.   It doesn’t matter what he does, they are in a no lose situation.   If he doesn’t work out, it’s see I told you he was no good.   If it does work out, Auburn is doing well so they can be excited about Auburn football.   Every thread is a hint or slight dig at Freeze.    He brings up UGA, Auburn has been going downhill against UGA since Richt took over.    Kirby has turned it up lately because Auburn hasn’t had a head coach that could recruit in forever.    Gus was probably the best out of the last 5 head coaches and he didn’t know how to maintain a roster or evaluate good QBs.    

Edited by aubaseball
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Gus was probably the best out of the last 5 head coaches and he didn’t know how to maintain a roster or evaluate good QBs.

Or recruit OL. 

• Like 2

We argue about the dumbest stuff....I said dude shouldn't post the stuff he posted and I stand on it. Doing the name calling talking crap about the other guys and declaring he is the right man.....if you can't see what can come from that..ok.

Nobody said not to cheer for freeze or not to be optimistic. Well let me rephrase that, at least I didn't say that. My point is if for some reason this didn't work out everybody that's fussing it would be an even bigger argument in the future except in reverse. Then everybody would be complaining about all the other people bringing up stuff like this.

Everything has happened, the coach is who the coach is. Everybody can now support and hope for the best. There is no reason to be throwing shots and gloating especially when nothing significant has happened yet.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:03 AM, Carnell said:

He has not owned up if anything he has gotten worse.  At Ole Miss when he knew what he was going he dared the NCAA to investigate and find infractions against him.  Now you say he is proud to be at Auburn but he again tries to rub the NCAA nose in the ground by meeting a recruit wearing auburn NIL logo instead of keeping his head down and being passionate about Auburn.  He is a narcissist and Narcissist care about know one but themselves and that also includes the school where he coaches.

You need to go back and look at what happened and when...you might find some interesting things.  Or you can continue to be wrong about what happened at ole miss and get other details wrong and continue to be one your trite crap.  Also you must have a lot of stock in windex as it must be tough keeping that glass house clean!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

We argue about the dumbest stuff....I said dude shouldn't post the stuff he posted and I stand on it. Doing the name calling talking crap about the other guys and declaring he is the right man.....if you can't see what can come from that..ok.

Nobody said not to cheer for freeze or not to be optimistic. Well let me rephrase that, at least I didn't say that. My point is if for some reason this didn't work out everybody that's fussing it would be an even bigger argument in the future except in reverse. Then everybody would be complaining about all the other people bringing up stuff like this.

Everything has happened, the coach is who the coach is. Everybody can now support and hope for the best. There is no reason to be throwing shots and gloating especially when nothing significant has happened yet.

I respect your post an opinions, but I think some significant things have happened.

- Our new HC has had successful SEC HC experience

- Our new coaching staff is excellent thus far

- We are trending upward in portal and recruiting results

There is reason to be excited over AU football, more than since Gus was hired.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WillMunny said:

I respect your post an opinions, but I think some significant things have happened.

- Our new HC has had successful SEC HC experience

- Our new coaching staff is excellent thus far

- We are trending upward in portal and recruiting results

There is reason to be excited over AU football, more than since Gus was hired.

Our new coach has sec experience makes no sense as far as things has happened. 

Of course we are tending upwards, anybody that would have came in and said I want to meet the high school coaches and speak to them would have moved the needle forward. With that being said I'm happy that we have new leadership.

As far as the new coaches being excellent we really don't know that and that's my point. Some people could argue it's meh, but I don't care necessarily about big names and splash so to speak. As long as they all work together and get the job done.

But as stated over and over I'm not saying there isn't a reason to be excited. If the original thread had just said that I wouldn't have said anything but I'm hoping for the best too, I specifically said there's no need downing and calling names to the other guys that were candidates and proclaiming this was the best move because I know from experience on here if it doesn't go well stuff like this will be brought back up and a bunch of arguments and stuff will follow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Our new coach has sec experience makes no sense as far as things has happened. Of course it does.  Other than that, I agree with your post.

Of course we are tending upwards, anybody that would have came in and said I want to meet the high school coaches and speak to them would have moved the needle forward. With that being said I'm happy that we have new leadership.

As far as the new coaches being excellent we really don't know that and that's my point. Some people could argue it's meh, but I don't care necessarily about big names and splash so to speak. As long as they all work together and get the job done.

But as stated over and over I'm not saying there isn't a reason to be excited. If the original thread had just said that I wouldn't have said anything but I'm hoping for the best too, I specifically said there's no need downing and calling names to the other guys that were candidates and proclaiming this was the best move because I know from experience on here if it doesn't go well stuff like this will be brought back up and a bunch of arguments and stuff will follow.

On 12/15/2022 at 4:57 PM, DAG said:

There is not a single poster on here batting .1000 in terms of predictions. 

I think a few of us are that bad!🤣

1.000 on the other hand…..that’s a different story!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

You need to go back and look at what happened and when...you might find some interesting things.  Or you can continue to be wrong about what happened at ole miss and get other details wrong and continue to be one your trite crap.  Also you must have a lot of stock in windex as it must be tough keeping that glass house clean!

I looked I don't need to go back.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

If anybody has seen my post's prior to hiring Freeze you will know I really didn't want him. It was never about him as a coach it was the extra-curricula issues. That said I also said after we hired him I do believe in second chances and I would support him as Auburn coach and judge him by his actions and results. So far we have only had him for a short time but I have to get him credit for what he has done in recruiting in a short period of time.  He has solidified the HS O-Line recruits with 4 Solid HS O-Line (3 IOL and 1 OT)  in total so far he has flipped 5 players all quality recruits. He seems to be hitting the Portal with a vengeance time will tell if he is successful. He has picked up or kept 4 HS D-Line (that includes Edge), 4 HS DB that he kept brought on or flipped a WR he kept and TE from the Portal and we have kept Cobb at RB.  I have to give him an A so far. That does not mean he will keep the A looking good for Portal  and JUCO O-linemen is one thing getting them committed is another thing.  I think he will do well with JUCO and Portal O-line but we still have holes to be filled (QB, LB, more DL especially Edge).

I don't know that any coach we brought in could fill all the holes we had on this team after Harsin left with  the cupboard so bare but I have to give him credit he has done a yeoman's job so far.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, WillMunny said:

More like a 1977 Trans Am (black), or a 1981 Z28 Camaro (silver).  My two favorite sports cars.

I had an 82 Z-28 silver with ttops, rear window louvre and black bra. I thought I was the cat’s meow with that car. 😝 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, toddc said:

I had an 82 Z-28 silver with ttops, rear window louvre and black bra. I thought I was the cat’s meow with that car. 😝 

Just how old are you?

• Haha 4

Three score and two! 😆 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Just how old are you?

Maybe you prefer the “cat’s pajamas “.

Edited by toddc

2 hours ago, toddc said:

You were.

• Like 1