2024 4* QB Walker White Commits to AU!

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

I think he will be in Clemson this weekend so he will miss the AU Jr day.  They are our main competition. 
btw the AU OC visited him today. 

I love the fact that more than a few coaches on this staff recruit. Last staff seemed to leave it up to 3 or 4 coaches. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I love the fact that more than a few coaches on this staff recruit. Last staff seemed to leave it up to 3 or 4 coaches. 

The two we retained and T Reed were responsible for all recruits we got. I know, I know that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.

Who would've thunk that making T Reed available to recruit. Would be the only move that Harsin did correctly. I don't remember the specifics, and the more I think about it. It was probably done by necessity?

5 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

The two we retained and T Reed were responsible for all recruits we got. I know, I know that is a little bit of an exaggeration, but not by much.

Who would've thunk that making T Reed available to recruit. Would be the only move that Harsin did correctly. I don't remember the specifics, and the more I think about it. It was probably done by necessity?

He fired Bobo which left an opening so he let Trovon go out on the road if I recall

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

He fired Bobo which left an opening so he let Trovon go out on the road if I recall

Sounds correct. Knew he was filling in for some empty spot. Wait,  did he ever end up filling that spot??  NVM,  my brain hurts. I spent the last two months deleting that whole era from my mind. Not worth revisiting!!

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I do too. But the staff really likes WW, the Merlinger? Kid, and others over Air according the 247. 
Maybe that bridge was burned forever thanks to Harsin. Who knows. 
Reading the comments by some of these recruits that recently visited just shows how bad Arson Harsin was at… everything. Recruits really disliked him and his staff and they mad a terrible impression on these kids and their families. 
It is going to take it a lot of work and time to turn this thing around. 

Air Noland is on the Jr Day list of visitors so looks like he hasn’t shut the door on AU at least if the coaches did decide to extend him an offer. 

• Like 3

On 1/23/2023 at 6:03 PM, AEAugirl said:

Air Noland is on the Jr Day list of visitors so looks like he hasn’t shut the door on AU at least if the coaches did decide to extend him an offer. 

Just read he is going to Alabama this weekend. I just don’t think we are recruiting him anymore. 

Looks like we are all in for WW and then Merlinger. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Do ya'll think WW knows he was the first recruit Freeze went to visit?   It seems common knowledge to us,  but do you think Freeze or someone has  actually told him?

That would leave a big impression on me.   I am wondering if anyone has actually Said to WW "you are/were the first recruit,  #1,  Freeze wanted."

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

20 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Do ya'll think WW knows he was the first recruit Freeze went to visit?   It seems common knowledge to us,  but do you think Freeze or someone has  actually told him?

That would leave a big impression on me.   I am wondering if anyone has actually Said to WW "you are/were the first recruit,  #1,  Freeze wanted."

I'll bet he does. I was listening to the Auburn Live podcast, and those guys said that apparently Walker, and Freeze really hit it off on a personal level. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'll bet he does. I was listening to the Auburn Live podcast, and those guys said that apparently Walker, and Freeze really hit it off on a personal level. 

I have heard/ read that also. 

It just seems like an awkward pick up line.  "Hi,  You are the first recruit I am visiting".   

It just seems possible  that WW does not know he was the first recruit CHF visited.     It wouldn't hurt for someone to remind him, JIC.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I have heard/ read that also. 

It just seems like an awkward pick up line.  "Hi,  You are the first recruit I am visiting".   

It just seems possible  that WW does not know he was the first recruit CHF visited.     It wouldn't hurt for someone to remind him, JIC.

Trust me. This is now more of a  business than it ever was. Many voices from AU are in this kid's ear. Hugh does not have to tell him he was the first, but he heard from more than one person from AU that's a fact. This is sports economics 101.  Don't assume HF and staff didn't take the course because we had prior  coaches that didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Trust me. This is now more of a  business than it ever was. Many voices from AU are in this kid's ear. Hugh does not have to tell him he was the first, but he heard from more than one person from AU that's a fact. This is sports economics 101.  Don't assume HF and staff didn't take the course because we had prior  coaches that didn't.

Oh,  I agree about it being a business.  I assume he has been told tthhat he was the first,  but it is stupid little things like this that often fall through the cracks.  esp  when the focus is on the $$$.

I imagine being the first on a coaches list is a powerful thing to a recruit that is deciding between similar offers.  A major confidence boost for an incoming freshman.    May be some blogger will interview him and ask him how he feels being the first visited if they have not already.

WW knows. 
I hate that he is going to Clemson this weekend, but hopefully our lack of a QB will put us ahead. I’m pretty sure we will break out the NIL for this guy. 
We need him to commit to Auburn, and we need it somewhat soon. It will set the tone for the class.

• Like 3

On 1/23/2023 at 9:34 AM, gr82b4au said:

It is going to take it a lot of work and six weeks for Freeze to turn this thing around. 

FIFY

This guy from reports is all about his faith. I agree with those that think his final two will be Clemson and Auburn. This being due to the faith of Dabo and Freeze. Clemson has a young QB that took over for their starter. So I believe that Auburn is the leader.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Yes.  These high schools and players know when college coaches can get out on the road and start visiting schools and when Freeze shows up the very first day, it’s pretty obvious WW was the top priority.  They have also been back to LRC to visit, think Montgomery went this time. 

I honestly think Freeze LOVES the recruiting aspect of the job.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Yes.  These high schools and players know when college coaches can get out on the road and start visiting schools and when Freeze shows up the very first day, it’s pretty obvious WW was the top priority.  They have also been back to LRC to visit, think Montgomery went this time. 

I honestly think Freeze LOVES the recruiting aspect of the job.  

Which you must be in love with as a college coach . It is sad when coaches at this level don’t understand you have to have a passion for engaging and teaching these young men, even in the face of disappointment. Our previous coach should be an analyst at the professional level. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both Freeze and Dabo are men of faith. They are both very vocal about that. That is important to White.  I truly believe it comes down to AU or Clemson.    Will likely be determined by who builds the stronger relationship with him in 2023.  I doubt he will commit to any school until the summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Both Freeze and Dabo are men of faith. They are both very vocal about that. That is important to White.  I truly believe it comes down to AU or Clemson.    Will likely be determined by who builds the stronger relationship with him in 2023.  I doubt he will commit to any school until the summer.

FTR, he said his Clemson trip was amazing.

I want this guy badly but Auburn or elsewhere I hope the commitment is soon. We need a guy on board to build around. Maybe Hugh gets back in his ear after he comes off his Clemson visit high and we still get him. Otherwise move quickly to next man up. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

FTR, he said his Clemson trip was amazing.

There are always other fish in the sea but it would be pretty devastating to lose this kid. Auburn made him priority 1 and went all in on him. We have lost a ton of elite kids to Clemson over the years (Dabo owned Gus) and I am hoping that HF can finally break that trend. 
Of course he has been on the job for less than 3 months and I know it takes time to develop a relationship, but his track record with QBs along with playing time should help us tremendously at some point… right? 

• Like 1

I heard Dabo's recruiting was going to tank with his hatred of NIL and Clemson was going to fade into the obscurity of the mediocre ACC? I mean thats what I was told after our AD ranked him 4th of 4 candidates.